Getting Red

• Thread starter HiGro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HiGro

HiGro

Howdy there my fellow Farmers, HiGro here. Recently acquired some beans for Bloody Skunk and Dark Devil both from the Red Family. Hopefully I can get some real Red tones near harvest if i can get the temps down low enough. I've never grown either strain and don't know know what to expect really so if your reading this and have had experience please share. I just germinated them last week and just put them in their Hydro set up DWC with 3" net pots and rock wool AoK starters. Just plain Ph'd water. Just put em in the nursery and intro to light. Pull up a seat on this one Plenty of updates and pictures to enjoy.

HiGro

HiGro

Dark Devil on the left Bloody Skunk on right.

IMG 0050

Dark Devil

IMG 0051

Bloody Skunk

IMG 0052

str8smokn

str8smokn

I don't think you need cool night temps for those,they have already breed for the color.IMO. I'm in for the show.
STR8

HiGro

HiGro

Their really stretching Ph was off a day kinda twisted them up a bit, But all taken care of now.

IMG 0095

Dark Devil

IMG 0097

Bloody Skunk

IMG 0098

str8smokn

str8smokn

Looks like they've been stunted or something 22-23 days old they should be bigger I would think, more then one node...

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Yea something is nor right they look like 1 week old .

Toaster79

Toaster79

Rest of your plants don't look happy either. Droopy, purple petioles, burnt tips ... Your pH seems to be off and some other issues.

Don't wont to be a party killer here, but those Sweet Seeds seem to be realy finicky bitches and after a start like that they aren't gona live for you to see some pistils.

+++++Vibes

HiGro

HiGro

They didn't make any progress so I pulled them they grew nice healthy roots they just didn't grow sweet seeds are definitely finicky they did get cold it got down to around 61°f and ph was at 6.3 at a time I'm going to pop some more beans here soon and try it again.

And toaster yeah my other two clones are suffering all my fault! I tried some New nutes called photosynthesis+ and nourish from micro life supposed to be organic bennies I use 1/3 strength of what it called for and it totally locked them out! The bottle and instructions even said you could not over use this product what a lie!

Toaster79

Toaster79

Did you use anything else with photosinthesis+? If they are only microorganisms you need to feed them so they can process the food for the plants.

+++++Vibes

Toaster79

Toaster79

So you used broken down food for plants ready avaliable with bennies and food for bennies as I understand this right? Might be too much at once.

HiGro

HiGro

Well once the cuts established good roots I gave em a little of the grow from bio juice and they exploded with growth, ran that for a week they grew ridiculously then I received a few freebies and thought what the check I'll try em out so I added the 1/3 strength photo+, and nourish to it, then almost instant lockout stems periods turned purple and no growth besides the roots they kept on growing great

Toaster79

Toaster79

Sounds like pH issue. Don't know, I'm a dirt guy. Maybe one of the hydro cats chimes in.

+++++Vibes

sun

sun

Cool i'll be watching. I'm also interested in red's I've got an unsexed punta rojo (corinita purple phenotype )panama red ,both red sap. 39 more Columbian beans(punta rojo) , and a bagseed seed from redhaired lady.

HiGro

HiGro

Sorry been busy lately on some projects here's a little of what I been doing some new reds

Dark Devil
0514152140b

Bloody Skunk
0514152142a

Veggin
0514152140a

Shamus

Shamus

Is that a carpet in the tent?
Just curious on why that is..

Looking good man keep it up
What do you keep the PH at?
looks like there may be some magnesium issues but I could be wrong.. Others know more than myself on the plants language
64.5 f is kinda cold, is that at night or all the time?

HiGro

HiGro

Its a closet.

I keep my ph hovering around 5.7, and that's the res temperature at 64°f the air temp is around 78°f

Yeah they could is a little cal-mag but I usually don't intro to nutes untill they have 3 sets of true leaves

Latest posts

Top Bottom