Getting the blonde putty like stuff from old OD trim? Carb Acid ?

• Thread starter CropAndGardn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CropAndGardn

CropAndGardn

Getting gooey dark extract from some 1-3 yr old OD trim. Many methods have been used with the same end result.
Anybody have luck with getting the blonde putty like stuff from old OD trim?
The most effective thing so far is to dissolve extraction in iso add a part of water then a half a part of butane (stirred not shaken) tried using salt water as well. The water/iso drain off the bottom is a very light jade color. The extract is still dark after vac purge.
If only I could get it to stay the same color it is right before the last of the solvent is vac'd off.
So if im trying to accomplish the impossible because the carboxylic acid has broken down, i thought of trying a Mg reagent & dry ice to perform carboxylation or "recarboxolyze" ™ (i guess I just invented a word) the extract. Has anyone tried this? Is there anyone that can keep up with the chemistry to share some propitious info.
With all due respect anybody can spray butane past some fresh topshelf nugs or trim & have some white putty to brag about then pretend to be the bho authority posting hypothesis as facts.I would like to reserve this thread for "trash to stash" not "stash to stash" related info due to not having interest in fixing things that aren't broke.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

try winterizing, it will still be runny but at least u will have removed all the waxes increasing purity. old trim is just that. don't expect the world yo

Top Bottom