getting to know sog

• Thread starter sour power
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sour power

sour power

sup fellow farmers.ive been thinking about doing a sog with 4000watts on a flipflop.meaning 2000watts 24hours a day.i will have to flowering rooms to achieve this.ive grown dwc and bush in soil but sog i hear great things about.not really sure how many plants i can keep under each 1k,or how low i should keep them from the tops,or what strains to use.i have some of elites gear some of mota's,and terp as well as a few others.any help is appreciated.peace!

sour power

sour power

i have plenty i think the first room is 63/42 /height 8ft.the second is 57/42 same height as the first one.

sour power

sour power

no light mover.i will get back to you on metr square not sure how that works

A

Arti.chokes

1.60 x 1.10 x 2.5 high
1.45 x 1.07 x 2.5 high there you go young UK person Arti

A

Arti.chokes

I still talk in pre-decimal currency ripz, but my wife's from the med and understands this new metric nonsense, Arti

mace

mace

is that 63" x 42" 8 ' or 63' x 48'x 8'? big difference.

still, 1k watters, keep the buds 14-18 inches from the lamp. Sog will be nice, don't really understand this "flip/flop" you're talking about. As for strains, most will let you know if they are suited for sog, would say indica's at a little better, or indica dominate crosses.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
i have plenty i think the first room is 63/42 /height 8ft.the second is 57/42 same height as the first one.

Going out on a limb here and guessing your talking inches cause if that's feet then you could grow a damn forest. I do SOG grows under 1000k each and the optimal plant density I've read is 4 plants per square foot. With the ebb & grow unit I use double planted I get 3.33 plants per square foot. One bit of advice I've learned the hard way is you need to trim off everything on the lower 1/3 of the plants at about day 10 or so. Once the stretch is over there will not be enough light reaching through the canopy to do anything with those popcorn buds down low.

Hope this helps.

jj

A

Arti.chokes

if it is feet on your next visit to the growshop see if you can buy some vietnamese farmers and i'll send you the lights to fill it crazy $$$$ lmao

its gotta be inches lol if its not im jealous as hell lol
haha, i didn't see that as i was posting, it MUST be inches ripz, Arti

A

Arti.chokes

Well then he will need a few more lights AND those Vietnamese farmers ripz :character0050::character0050::character0050: :cool0010:

K

Kilo

Going out on a limb here and guessing your talking inches cause if that's feet then you could grow a damn forest. I do SOG grows under 1000k each and the optimal plant density I've read is 4 plants per square foot. With the ebb & grow unit I use double planted I get 3.33 plants per square foot. One bit of advice I've learned the hard way is you need to trim off everything on the lower 1/3 of the plants at about day 10 or so. Once the stretch is over there will not be enough light reaching through the canopy to do anything with those popcorn buds down low.

Hope this helps.

jj

good info :) thank u ..do you think im over doing it?
sorry to hijack

sour power

sour power

when you say bottom feed are you talking about wick?if not what do you mean bottom feed?and as far as plants go i take it under a 1k you can put 100-110 clones,and under a 600 you can put 75 clones,is this right?my last question is how close can i keep a 1k over 100-110 clones?2ft or 3ft?

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Hey ripz, and anybody else that gets stumped on this metric to US measureing conversion crap. I found this website back a year or so ago and it's the best one I have found yet for converting damn near anything, heck even Lbs to Dollars. Would be easier if we were all on the same system but don't see that happening in my lifetime.

http://www.sciencemadesimple.net/conversions.html

peace,

jj

A

Arti.chokes

Thanks jj,:hi: that'll come in handy.
Hi SP, did you check out ripz latest grow-thread, the 'extreme sog? 'extreme' is the operative word man, quite inspiring. Good luck with your grows :harvest::harvest: Arti

sour power

sour power

arti.chokes i have checked it out thats why im trying sog.its a no brainer in some ways and after a few runs i think i will have it.ripz do you ever have knat problems?how much water do you use?please elaborate a little more.

sour power

sour power

i hope i dont sound stupid but what is a gully?man ripz im glad your here to help.

sour power

sour power

thats cool and good thinking on your behalf.from your expierence what elite strains can be used with this setup getting close to,or over 7grams?for example sour d,early haze,something strong with a hammer.

sour power

sour power

well i was thinking if i veg for 2 weeks i could pull this off with og kush,what do you think?

Top Bottom