Getting Worse, Seems To Be Spreading

• Thread starter DrMcSkunkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
This all started when I popped Da-alien from pnwroots seeds that came from here. They all looked deformed and had what looked like color trails in the first sets of leaves, now they are doing this and it seems to be spreading to other plants.
These are da alien, at first they had the curved leaves and light colored streaks.
Getting worse seems to be spreading
Getting worse seems to be spreading 2
Getting worse seems to be spreading 3
Getting worse seems to be spreading 4

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
These plants are starting to look like the da alien seedlings did at first.
20170609 112109
20170609 112122
20170609 112149
I scope for bugs every day, haven't seen one mite...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Might have gone a little heavy on the nutes for the seedlings.
The cotledons were done so I gave them 1/2 strength

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I was first gonna say mites but sense you've been scoping not sure. Possibly genetics? Do you have big humidity swings?
Yeah, my basement got really humid as soon as I put my bigger plants into flower the rh was getting over 60 at night so I bought a dehuey and have been trying to keep it below 40% ever since.
My temps get below 70f at night and on a cool day that my central ac doesnt kick on my temp gets up close to but not above 85. Think it could be vpd issue?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

VPD is were I was heading next with this, very possible. As long as your air flow is really good I'd stay near 50% maybe try getting it out of the 40 range.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I guess I would rather have veg damage than bud rot, both of my tents are in the same room.

P

PharmHand

I guess I would rather have veg damage than bud rot, both of my tents are in the same room.
They'll get used to it and uncurl. You could try just feeding lighter cuz they're transpiring so much and bringing up nutes so rapidly or mist em with water couple times a day.... Sometimes you just gotta play the hand your dealt. My veg room is vented and it's hot as balls outside so it's like 84f in there with 20-30% or lower rh. I could turn off a light and get the temp down humidity up but then they'll probably stretch on me from low light levels. Idk what's better:) Peace

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Roots, I think - IMHO. That leaf curl is response to excessive transpiration for the root mass. Usually seen with too intense lights when roots are adequate. I don't see any bug damage, but that doesn't mean there are not bugs on the roots, or some other issue that hosed up flow. Just as we crave mental flow, plants crave a physical flow. This is an expression of disappointment in the growing environment balance.

I see clear evidence of powdery mildew - right? Like, your friends haven't been doing coke around the plants again, right? :party1:

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Roots, I think - IMHO. That leaf curl is response to excessive transpiration for the root mass. Usually seen with too intense lights when roots are adequate. I don't see any bug damage, but that doesn't mean there are not bugs on the roots, or some other issue that hosed up flow. Just as we crave mental flow, plants crave a physical flow. This is an expression of disappointment in the growing environment balance.

I see clear evidence of powdery mildew - right? Like, your friends haven't been doing coke around the plants again, right? :party1:
Its either spinosad or diatomateous earth:smoking:

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I think maybe my pots are too small, 1.5 gal coco. It takes forever to get runoff, it must be a solid rootball.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Im getting some of the same curling and color variagation on a cbd lemon-aid plant that Ive been growing for 3 years or so and Ive never noticed it before. Could my nute regimine be causing it or could mites be so elusive that my daily scopings are missing them?

JMcG

JMcG

What is your water source? City? Well? RO?
If it's a well, maybe your water quality has changed a bit...?
Just thinking out loud here...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
What is your water source? City? Well? RO?
If it's a well, maybe your water quality has changed a bit...?
Just thinking out loud here...
Thinking @Ignignokt might be right, I have a pretty bad Fg infestation, can see the larva munching on top with a scope, so it might be root issues. They are in solo cups with gnats breeding on both ends, I just cant afford any nematodes right now and they seem to eat mosquito bits and spinosad for breakfast.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Well the ones with the worst damage are in cups...

Nugteq

Nugteq

Hey dude was just about to say. That leaf curl is an indicator of early infection via RA..

Good luck bro even tho u been a hater with me one love

Top Bottom