GG#4 8 weeks in, how much longer? Should I start flushing now?

• Thread starter yonge.cummer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yonge.cummer

yonge.cummer

1st grow, seeds from DrSeeds, growing in 5gal regular soil with GH flora + calmag using this chart

long 5 month veg with some nutrient issues but it's looking pretty ok now I think, should I start flushing now? Seeing a lot of milky trichomes already I think but I'm not too sure... pics down below:
https://invalid.com/a/UpI8Xz3
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now

Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 3
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 4
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 5
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 6
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 2
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 7
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 8
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 9
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 10
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 11
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 11
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 12
Gg4 8 weeks in how much longer should i start flushing now 13

Last edited:
yonge.cummer

yonge.cummer

mb didn't realize I couldn't post the imgur link, added the pics inline

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

She looks great, nice work! 🙂
You could totally start flushing now. Since you are growing Gorilla Glue I am lead to suspect that perhaps you are a fan of the body relaxing couch lock effect; if so you might benefit from lettering her mature just a little longer. I see some amber on trichromes that looks like mild light burn. (Had it myself last grow is why I guess that) With the majority still milky it leads me to guess you could push her a bit longer if you want to strengthen the CL.

Or you could flush and harvest now and I'm sure it will be great flower.

yonge.cummer

yonge.cummer

I picked GG mainly because I read it was more forgiving to grow for my first time haha but also I do want more of the couch lock effects. My current schedule called for 1 more nutrient feed before the next plain water feed so I guess I'll just start flushing from then on and then harvest when I see a bit more amber. Thanks for the tips!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You could totally start flushing now.
Hey Nate, curious what you think about the white pistols? I'm not seeing any brown at all. Could be wrong, tough to see on the overview shot.

I'm thinking you should let it go a little longer. Stop with the PK and just add a little N and micros to keep the plant growing. If at all possible, cool down the room a little at this point to make them feel like it is fall.

Your pistols should all be brown. If you have the nutes right, you won't get trichomes dying off while waiting for this to happen.

You can also selectively harvest over the next few weeks - take a few buds here and there to allow light to penetrate further in the canopy and ripen lower buds while improving air flow to minimize PM and bud rot issues. This method also works to get you some smoke sooner if you are in a hurry so you aren't making your decisions based on wanting weed now lol.

yonge.cummer

yonge.cummer

I'm not really in a hurry specially considering it's taken over 6 months to get here so what's a bit longer, but I might try that anyways since it does look like I have a decent amount of lower buds that could probably use some more light.

There is some brown pistils but you're right that they are still at least 60% white. Here's a full rez of the overview, didn't realize I uploaded a tiny one

20210604 144201

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

There are some, but I agree not as many as you might expect. This shot has me guessing the upper colas may be experiencing some light burn?

If it was my plant, I would let her keep growing another week or two.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm not really in a hurry specially considering it's taken over 6 months to get here so what's a bit longer, but I might try that anyways since it does look like I have a decent amount of lower buds that could probably use some more light.

There is some brown pistils but you're right that they are still at least 60% white. Here's a full rez of the overview, didn't realize I uploaded a tiny one

View attachment 1131989
Really nice job so far.

The last few weeks are really important to get right.

If I were you, I'd up the N and down the PK. You have a bit of nute burn, not bad. Pull out any dead / dying leaves as this is when you will get mold if you don't have good air flow. Lower that fan down to blow under the canopy a bit, and let 'er ride. Take a couple bigger colas now if they are very brown, I'll bet the lower buds are still all white.

But seriously, Nate is right, that weed is good right now. Just a little more pampering and it can be great. Cheers.

Top Bottom