Gh Cocotek Ph

• Thread starter Chefbrett
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chefbrett

Chefbrett

I recently bought an 11 # bale of GH cocotek coco. I mixed in 20% perlite and flushed it well. Then when I ewatered a 7 gallon pot with ph 6.2 water the runoff ph came out like 5.3. Has anyone else problems with this brand of coco being acidic. will watering in lime correct the problem?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Don't do that. U should percharge with some calmag and a weak grow solution. Continue to water from 5.6 to 6.2 and u will be fine. The ph will come up. If u really wanted to u could add some lime. I would not go over a tsp per gallon and it really isn't necessary but it would not be detrimental either. Checking runoff pH with coco is inexact to say the least. It's not the same as soil. I personally don't like that brand of coco but I'm sure it will be fine. Throw ya ladies in and they will be fine bro. Good luck.

Chefbrett

Chefbrett

The nutes im using hydrodynamics Europonic a&b are from Holland and were designed for rockwool. The sales rep said it should work great with coco. He also said they have calcium and magnesium in the mix. You still think I will need the calmag?

Tnelz

Tnelz

I do. I've herd that a million times. Lol. Most every brand has Cal and mag but ime not enough for coco.

Top Bottom