GH FloraDuo 2 part

• Thread starter Funtcas3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funtcas3

Funtcas3

Any1 run this line..I currently run GH 3 part. Seems like more bang for the buck. any1 with experience on this line?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

na but im sure it kicks ass
im sure u'd be set with the floraduo too, i watch it get tested on some ssh, really is good stuff

imo dutchmaster gold is as good as it gets. its what i use personally

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

do you use the full lineup? also what is your regimen. I don't really like experimenting with stuff I'm not dialed in with but I do need to find new nutes. How is the learning curve? Are you using the Gold line? +1 to you good sir

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

my full nute line up in on my sig

ive seen people have really good results with just the silica, add27, potash+ and gold

ive been using the gold for a while and love it, def one of the more complete nutrients

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

the nice thing about the duo is u can use it in any combo/ratio. i use B only to finish.

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

I mess around with a few different bases in different rooms but I have never done a start to finish with the Duo. I finished up my last round with the B because I used HG cocos which is high in N and I wanted a balanced nute with little nitrogen.

I'm not a big GH fan but the Duo is alright I guess, stillI'm just trying to use up what I have here and there and I probably won't order any more.

Like I said I try a lot of different things but my additives stay pretty much the same.

budignitor/big bud/overdrive
bud candy
nirvana
sensizym or ultrazen
roots xl and great white or pirhana/tarantula first 2 weeks

Right now I'm LOVIN on the Heavy 16!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

that heavy 16 looks tits

its always nice to see companys recommend products that arent their own in a attempt to help famers

dropped the liquid karma a while back, but ive seen it all over the place lately. ill be running it again in coco, maybe switch up my base too

roots, gw, and liquid karma seem to be the ticket in drain to waste

V

VolcanoVapin

I really think even the additives you guys are talking about in this thread are totally pointless and a waste of money. A LOT of pros are using one simple, basic nutrient formula with little to no additives with great results. It's all about a balanced nutrition and LIGHT, not a bunch of gimmicky additives. GH 3 part flora series works great for a LOT of people.

I currently use the GH 3 part using h3ad/Useless' formula, but I want to try out the floraduo. I think it's improved. The only downside is that it's slightly less customizable as far as mixing ratios, since you only have 2 bottles to mix versus 3 with GH Flora.... but it's easier and supposed to have better PH buffering. I think it's worth trying out and will be picking it up when my flora series bottles run out.

The cheapest I've found it is at http://www.21stcenturyhydro.com/store/

Just over $60 total shipped to my zipcode for 1 gal FloraDuo A, and 1 gal FloraDuo B.

V

VolcanoVapin

Oh, and don't listen to people who are saying FloraDuo is just the Lucas formula repackaged.... I've read that multiple times on here, and it's BS. The Lucas formula is 1 ratio the entire grow. Floraduo couldn't possibly be the lucas formula as they recommend 3 parts A to 1 part B during veg and the opposite during bloom.... This is JUST like the 3-2-1 veg/1-2-3 bloom ratio they recommend for the flora series... It has nothing to do with the lucas formula.

I personally think the lucas formula works fine during the 2nd half of flowering, but it doesn't have enough nitrogen for veg or the first half of flowering, so I don't like it. I like using more nitrogen earlier on to keep the plants super healthy and vigorous.... at least in passive drain-to-waste style hydroponics like I use... it probably works better in a recirculating system where it would accumulate a bit more nitrogen over time...

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

I really think even the additives you guys are talking about in this thread are totally pointless and a waste of money. A LOT of pros are using one simple, basic nutrient formula with little to no additives with great results. It's all about a balanced nutrition and LIGHT, not a bunch of gimmicky additives. GH 3 part flora series works great for a LOT of people.

hey u asked. yep u are right it is about balance and there is a lot more to it than your base nute, but thats what we r discussing. i use what i get good results from. i've tried em all through the years and countless happy plants don't lie. well maybe their suckers for "gimmicks" too, i think not. yep its that shiney metal bottle, a rival of a marketing package that makes those roots blast with roots xl. they love that shit

personally i do better with other nute lines than GH. yes i've used their 3 part also. started there like most, got back together a few time over the years but i just cant re-kindle that old flame any more. plants do OK for me on the Duo but still dont yield or taste nearly as good as others imo. also GH does not play as well with benes for me. as far as i am concerned every nute line has positive and negative aspects depending on what u are looking for. i use em all from time to time, being the nute slut that i am, but my additives usually stay pretty much the same.

basically i use heavy advanced house and general care lol...

V

VolcanoVapin

hey u asked. yep u are right it is about balance and there is a lot more to it than your base nute, but thats what we r discussing. i use what i get good results from. i've tried em all through the years and countless happy plants don't lie. well maybe their suckers for "gimmicks" too, i think not. yep its that shiney metal bottle, a rival of a marketing package that makes those roots blast with roots xl. they love that shit

personally i do better with other nute lines than GH. yes i've used their 3 part also. started there like most, got back together a few time over the years but i just cant re-kindle that old flame any more. plants do OK for me on the Duo but still dont yield or taste nearly as good as others imo. also GH does not play as well with benes for me. as far as i am concerned every nute line has positive and negative aspects depending on what u are looking for. i use em all from time to time, being the nute slut that i am, but my additives usually stay pretty much the same.

basically i use heavy advanced house and general care lol...

It's not about GH vs. other nutrients for me... I was saying I use GH, because I do and it works well for me. That's just what I use. Do I think other similar basic nutrients would work well too? Sure. I'm just saying... look at the pros, like Heath Robinson, for example, or other big time growers with a lot of experience, and you'll see a bunch of them using simple, basic nutrients without all of those additives you guys like to use... and the quality of their plants sure as hell isn't suffering.

The placebo effect can be strong, bro. Just because you get good results using all of those additives doesn't mean you wouldn't get good results without them

You mentioned roots xl. I gotta be honest, I see no need for ANY root accelerator type product whatsoever. Have you ever used a basic aeroponic style cloner? Using that cloner with ONLY TAP WATER (no nutrients, no rooting hormones or accelerators) I've seen huge, healthy roots... they don't need any nutrients until after the roots are formed (and I'm talking 16"+ long taproots with "fish bone" style roots all the way down.

My point: A lot of additives are just hype... These companies are looking to sell you as many different things as they can. At some point everyone needs to take a step back and really evaluate what's doing what with their grow and what is really necessary or not... I think most of us want to do this whole thing as cost-effective as possible... I'm all about K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid)... and advanced nutrients really goes against that...

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

yes sir. i couldnt agree more. not saying you need em. the few additives i use are really just a boost. i keep the ones with positive results. that being said me likes the ones i use blah blah blah .... pointless, waste of money blah blah...

guess i got dragged in for a second to the usual debate people love to get into round here. maybe we should wait for a dyna grow fan to come a bashin additives also. sorry i'm making fun of myself here actually.

back on point the Duo is not very concentrated and the cost may be deceiving. runs clean in the res and is pretty stable. also seems like i had to run a higher ppm with the Duo compared to other 2 parts (like the ones from those scumb sucking money swindling dick cheney worshipping bastards at AN or commies from europe) sorry cant help myself

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

The NPK #'s are sweet with the Duo too. A 2B/1A and 3B/1A for flowering have a higher phos than other two parts also. seems to produce nice crystal formation.

volcanovapin im really curious to see how the Duo works out for u compared to the 3 part. on a stand alone basis the flora 3 is pretty impressive.

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

I might take the plunge and get floraduo. Also what about PK boosters for late in flowering? Is Dry KoolBloom similar to Overdrive with high PK?

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

switched to floraduo the last week of veg and now i'm halfway through week 2 on multiple strains (4 alien og bagseeds, alien bubba, master bubba, jamaican og, blue venom, LA diamonds, and sour aliens)

week 2 - 2.5 mls A 5 mls B 3 mls calmag
floralicious plus, flora blend, 2mls bloombastic = 540 ppm
plants are thriving for the most part. i went full strength the last week of veg and accidentally added both parts from the A bottle, which i realized the second week when the B gallon was still sealed. way too much N, but no burn, just prehistoric leaves and thin stalks. dropped down to 5 and 5 for transition and they love it. got all my budsites on all nodes on all strains in one week so i already started with the bloombastic on week 2.

the girl (an actual master gardener) that runs the garden at my hydro store loves it. said she left town for 3 days and came back to broken and busted branches. works too well, she laughed.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I've used the Flora Duo for 2 complete runs and it's all right...wouldn't switch to it vs. the 3part. I thought it would be cheaper n simpler with 2 bottles but it's been an experimentation to get plants to finish like normal.

The Duo grows mega healthy plants and keeps em a lil too green towards end if you stick with the part A. Def ditch the part A and go with just B and liq KBloom to finish. This new sample I got of the Duo is updated and they have slightly changed the formula, a bit less N in partA and more calcium and magnesium, nice shiney, glossy labels too...lol

It works, seems to keep exactly same pH as the 3part and has a dirty piss color...kinda prefer the 3part over it for now, that could change but for now 3part is cheap and easy and you don't need much.

baba G

Rushoe

Rushoe

want more bang for u buck try maxibloom from gh its all u need u could even veg with it works really good I use it outdoor with tap water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom