GH MaxiGro

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jkbeing

jkbeing

I've used quite a few liquid nutes, and for the price I stuck with CNS17, I can easily get over half an elbow with 2x $30 bottles +Epsom and no pH up/down (very quick ROI!). But not long ago, I got a few Kush that lost too much green in veg even at higher ppm. So I bought the GH Maxigrow, worked good to green them up. I think maybe next harvest I will order Jacks and go that route, I would even like to post a side by side grow diary.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

@jkbeing- I'm sure you already know this, but MaxiGro is working great for me too. I had some seedlings in solo cups with a thick, heavy and cheap soil from Lowe's and they stopped growing and started to turn yellow. After about 2 weeks they were only 2" tall with barely any foliage, I got new soil called Black Gold and transplanted them but I also took off 90% of the old soil, I watered them in with MaxiGro and after a few days the roots got established and now there growing insanely fast for soil and green as can be.

I think that would be a good side by side to do and I wouldn't mind following that grow diary.

jkbeing

jkbeing

I've used black gold in the past... man I love coco, I even screened my last run and am currently reusing it. Very easy to flush coco compared to soil, so my buds burn smooth. I grew about 6 years in soil. I still grow outdoors with it. The compressed bales of coco are super cheap imo, I fill like 12 2gallon pots for $11. I've gotten much better taste and looks this way and I have used FF Ocean Forest, hard as a rock after a month. I remember how I used to hate flushing the plants. With coco I flush the last week like crazy on the first two days and then just water light the rest of the week. Ahh it's late and I'm Baked!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

@jkbeing- I used FF OF last run but the bag had fungus gnats and I like Black Gold, it doesn't have as much nutrients as OF, but its lighter so the roots have more air and it reminds me of a soilless-type substrate compared to soil, even though it is soil Black Gold has more sphagnum peat moss and OF has more compost. I also grow perlite hempy's but thats only when I take clones, you can get really good yields using hempy's.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Thats why people were adding in Light Warrior when OF/LW was all the rage a few years ago.

jkbeing

jkbeing

Everytime I go up north (Mendoceno) I see every ag/hardware/nursery shop have multiply signs/banners for FF products, I've never seen tomatos grown in FF. I assume ALOT of bud growers use FF.
I used black gold when I first started growing. I stopped using it cause of inconcistancy and I kept getting splinters , a good product though (that is 10 years ago also). FF OF I used because it was really easy to find and cheap. After 4-5 grows I stopped using it and went to botanicare airation mix, much more to my liking. Then the place I bought it stopped carrying the botanicare and every other place had it for $5 more a bag. 8 buckets for $23 isn't the worst but 12 for $11 is much better. Plus like I stated before I plan on running the coco for more then 1 run, even more savings! I also used to do seeds and clones in the FF LW and after checking the PPMs coming out of that mix it can be 700ppm for one cup and 1400ppm for another one. The last 5 clonings in coco and they all looked very even. Can you tell I really like coco?? haha

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I hear ya dude Im a cocomofo for sure. Now im a convert too adding in alaskan humus too the coco mix as well.

My raised garden beds were all OF/LW from my grows after awhile and Okra would get so tall theyd fall over from time too time. Plants over the roof line lmao.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I always wanted to try coco, but I don't have time to teach myself to grow in coco and dial it in because I'm gonna be busy with hempy's for the next year or so. I'll probably use some coco in my soil mix for the 2013 outdoor season, that should work good.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I've been away from growing for a while so I don't have any results, but just a lil update if anybody is interested, I just started a few seedlings, NYC Diesel from DinaFem, and I'm using MaxiGro by itself.

I had 4 of them in soil, but I didn't like the slow growth and yellow leaves (pH was way off) so I cleaned as much soil off the roots as possible and transplanted 2 of them into hempy's. The growth rate has increased by about 50% so I'm gonna put the other 2 in hempy's tonight. I'm gonna order some calcium nitrate, MKP and 2 other salts so I can make my own bloom formula, but I'll probably continue with the MaxiGro through veg.

That was the last straw for me, I'm never using soil indoors again. I made my own mix with peat moss, peat humus and perlite with a lil lime, but I didn't have time to let it cook because I'm teaching someone how to grow and he wanted it started ASAP. So I did and they were slow as hell and light green, so I switched them to perlite hempy's and now there looking just about perfect. I also got a pH meter that will be here this weekend so it'll be alot easier to grow in hempy's if I can manage my pH.

I've been growing indoors with soil for about a year and I just don't see the point anymore, hydro is so much more efficient and faster. I also started 3 more seeds, 2 Crimea Blue and 1 Train Wreck (bag seed) last night and put them in rockwool so I'll have an easy transition into the hempy's.

I should be able to post pics now, so when they get bigger and I transplant all of them into 3 gallon buckets, I'll put some pics up so ya'll can see how plants look with only perlite and MaxiGro, no supplements or additives, just the right amount of NKP, Ca, Mg, and a few micros. KISS!!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Lights come on at 5 pm so I'm gonna post a pic of them in 3 gallon buckets with Sunshine #4. I used the Sunshine mix instead of perlite because the pH of the perlite was way too high. Even when I watered it in at 5 it came out above 8, but the Sunshine mix has lime so its all good now. I just watered them yesterday with 5 grams/gallon Maxi and 1 ml/gallon KoolBloom.

When seeds and clones are young your gonna want to use less Maxi and more KB because of the P, something like 3 grams Maxi and 2 ml KB per gallon. Once they establish there roots you wanna raise Maxi and drop KB to a 5:1 ratio. Keep that ratio during flower, but boost P and K during weeks 2, 4, and 6. You should also use a lil Ca-Mg supplement because MaxiGro only has 79 ppm Ca and 26 Mg with 5 grams per gallon, which is a little on the low side. You should also add a 1/2 gram epsom salt per gallon, but drop the Ca-Mg, after stretch because plants tend to need less Ca and more Mg in flower. Ok, so I'll post pics later this evening, peace.
Mulder Macro Chart

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Sorry bout that, I just had to make sure I am able to post pics because before my friend fixed my computer, I couldn't post pics on this website for a long time. So its good now.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

These have been topped about 3 days ago, I'm showing 1 and they are all the same height except the leaves are a lil skinnier. They have no deficiencies and there growing quite fast.

Photo127

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

There in 3 gallon buckets with 2 gallons of medium, some stems are red/purple, but they ain't growing slow. I also had to transplant them twice, and when I say 'transplant' I'm not talking about a normal one. I had to take all the dirt off of the roots the 1st time then put them in perlite. The perlite had a horrible pH (it was from Miracle Grow :mad:) so I had to transplant them again. That really slowed growth and they were really deficient, but after a 3rd transplant into Sunshine #4, there doing great.

I'm gonna transplant them within the next 10 days, but I'm not sure if I wanna use 5 or 7 gallon buckets. Probably 7 gallons so I can get a bigger root mass.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

jkbeing

jkbeing

1 part sounds too easy, Lex! I'm still running straight coco/cns17 and getting great results.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

1 part sounds too easy, Lex! I'm still running straight coco/cns17 and getting great results.

Technically it is a 1-part, especially if you amend your soil/soilless medium with bone meal for P and Ca then epsom for Mg and S you can definitely get away with only using Maxi for veg. I like to add more P, K, Ca and Mg so its not really a 1-part for me.

I heard CNS17 works great in coco, do you add anything other then CNS17???

jkbeing

jkbeing

I add a bit of epsom after the stretch, and this batch of kushes i'm going to give some molasses also.
I have been though huge swings in my finances and right now I am as broke as i've ever been. No pH pen, no pH up, no pH down, no cal-mag, and no problems.
I did get a $10 bottle of neem at lowes that eradicated all the spider mites in my garden. I bought a bottle of Zero Tolerance pesticide, didn't stop anything i sprayed in on at full strenth.
The grow industry is SO full of B.S., umm.. Kushie Kush!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I add a bit of epsom after the stretch, and this batch of kushes i'm going to give some molasses also.
I have been though huge swings in my finances and right now I am as broke as i've ever been. No pH pen, no pH up, no pH down, no cal-mag, and no problems.
I did get a $10 bottle of neem at lowes that eradicated all the spider mites in my garden. I bought a bottle of Zero Tolerance pesticide, didn't stop anything i sprayed in on at full strenth.
The grow industry is SO full of B.S., umm.. Kushie Kush!

Thats good, just 1 nute and your done, Keep It Simple and Short. The plant in the pic was grown with only MaxiGro, I added the Kool Bloom the day before, but they looked the exact same, it works good for soil and soilless, but I don't think MaxiGro would work good with straight coco because it has too much K and not enough Ca.

I never heard of Zero Tolerance, but I'll be sure not to use them in the future if need be.

jkbeing

jkbeing

Ed Rosenthal's Zero tolerance- was recommended to me by a greenhouse grower. After the first spray on the spider mites, I noticed the mites didn't even slow down. I sprayed my plants a second time a few days later and any insects around my house. The ants didn't like it, but not enough to stay away. NOTHING DIED!
I used PBP for many years with almost always good results. I bought a bottle of CNS17 cause i had $11, and needed some Grow. I really liked that CNS17 put my pH in the right area (6.2) vs PBP (4.8-5.2).

Top Bottom