GH Micro & Bloom + Epsom

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey Farmers, I've been recently using GH MaxiGro with not-so-good results. I got the GH micro and bloom and I'm using that at a rate of 4 ml micro, 3 ml bloom and 1/4 gram epsom. It gives me a ppm ratio of 3-1-2-3-1.5-1.5 (N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S). I'm growing in Sunshine #4 and IME 3-1-2 has worked best in soil and/or peat/coco. I'm using this formula in veg and the 1st week or so of flower, then I'm switching the formula to the Lucas Ratio for bloom with liquid Kool Bloom as a PK boost in weeks 2, 4, 6. I know people use the Lucas for the entire growth cycle, but I don't believe its best for plants to have that ratio during veg, its not bad for flower though.

Anyways, I would like people to respond based on there experience using the Lucas and/or GH micro + bloom with different ratio's then Lucas.

P.S. I'll post pics when the light comes back on tonight.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I use the gh 3 part in coco. Recently added the grow and start with 3-2-1 on rooted clones. After they got a little bigger I bumped up too 5-3-1. My plants been loving it. In bloom I been running 0-4-6 first 3 weeks then 0-5-8 for 4&5 and 0-6-9 to finish. No boosters and a cpl additives in veg. So far so good. Im going to start tweaking the formula for the first cpl weeks of bloom and add some grow too it. I think the plants might respond to a little extra N while they are stretching.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yeah, I usually leave my N the same for at least the 1st week of flower, then slowly drop it 5-10 ppm a week til week 4.

I'm in week 2 of flower using 3 ml M and 4 ml B and 1/2 gram epsom + 2 ml Snow Storm Ultra. Its my 1st time using SSU, but I heard the Triacontanol helps alot during flower. The 1st week of flower I used the veg formula, I'll still use the Lucas Ratio, but not til week 4 and I won't use it at full strength (0-8-16) I'll probably use it at half strength (0-4-8) or something close to that + epsom and Kool BLoom . I'm gonna use the SSU for the entire flower cycle so I don't wanna burn my plants and/or cause lock outs with too high of an EC. I did that for almost a month in veg before I figured it out (just got my 1st EC meter last week). I'll use Kool Bloom 3 times, once in weeks 2, 4 and 6.

My main concern about using GH Micro and Bloom is that I can't drop Ca to the level I want later in flower unless I drop N with it because they have the same ppm. I don't think it will cause any problems because there are alot of people who ran Lucas all thru flower without issues. Also, I use nutrients with every watering because I've had best results doing it that way, whether I was using soil or soilless. I just had to keep the EC low (max out around 1.0) and get about 20% run-off each watering.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Also, I'm gonna use coco for my next run and I was thinking of getting a bottle of GH Gro so I can tweak the formula better. Thanks for the info, it will help me out when I use coco for the 1st time.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I been feeding right up to the 8th week. Flush for 2 weeks. I take most plants down around 9 weeks. IMO boosters and additives really aren't needed in flower. I started running 4 plant per light and all of them had atleast 4 zips and one almost 7. ;)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I been feeding right up to the 8th week. Flush for 2 weeks. I take most plants down around 9 weeks. IMO boosters and additives really aren't needed in flower. I started running 4 plant per light and all of them had atleast 4 zips and one almost 7. ;)

I think a mild PK boost does help, but it has to be given at the right time and can't be excessive. I really don't use any additives, but Triacontanol is an organic plant stimulant and is known to increase growth rates in plants (not just cannabis).

I don't know how long I'll flower my plants because I go by trichome color, but I think the NYC Diesel will be around 9 and the Blueberry Hashplant should be done in 8. I'll probably give them both a 2 week flush too.

K

kushtrees

ever heard of the GH micro/ bloom 6-9 formula. Head from IC thought it up as a modified lucas formula for coco. Used to use it when I 1st started growing and it works very well, very simple. google "head goes coco" and it should be the 1st result

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

ever heard of the GH micro/ bloom 6-9 formula. Head from IC thought it up as a modified lucas formula for coco. Used to use it when I 1st started growing and it works very well, very simple. google "head goes coco" and it should be the 1st result

Yeah, its basically a 2-1-2, I think it would work good in coco, especially during flower. I'll probably keep the 3-1-2 during veg then slowly switch the formula to 6/9 during weeks 2-4. Probably even drop 1 ml Micro and add a 1/4-1/2 gram epsom during weeks 5-6.

I think I'll have a decent formula for my 1st coco run, thanks kushtrees and BudMuncher. I'm bout to Google search now.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Well my seedlings were looking like shit so I checked the feed chart and mixed them up 1-2-1 of g/m/b and they responded pretty well. Greened them up a little and got a little growth spurt out of them. I should get a ppm meter just so I know how strong Im feeding.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Well my seedlings were looking like shit so I checked the feed chart and mixed them up 1-2-1 of g/m/b and they responded pretty well. Greened them up a little and got a little growth spurt out of them. I should get a ppm meter just so I know how strong Im feeding.

I just got my EC meter a couple weeks ago, its great. Allows me to take the guess work out and makes it easier to keep track of what your feeding so I can dial in my nutes faster. Overall, its not needed, but when using salts its highly recommended. I don't know why I've been growing without one.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yo Kushtrees, that thread from Head is 100+ pages, with lots of great info. They were saying to drop the Micro after week 4, I've never took N completely out unless I was doing a final flush. Did you do that with good results??

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I think its too early. Id take it to atleast 6 weeks.

JPLord01

JPLord01

I drop my micro out midway thrue week 6 then back down the bloom at the end of week 7 if you are at 9 mils then down to 6. Then to flush I set my ppm at 200 and run that till I get a run off of 200 then I run water ph at 6.1 for 1 to 2 days. That how I was doing my coco.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I drop my micro out midway thrue week 6 then back down the bloom at the end of week 7 if you are at 9 mils then down to 6. Then to flush I set my ppm at 200 and run that till I get a run off of 200 then I run water ph at 6.1 for 1 to 2 days. That how I was doing my coco.

That sounds more normal, week 6, thanks.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Ok guys, I just got my GH cocoTek bricks and a bag of perlite, DNA Rocklock beans coming within a week or 2 from my good friends north of the border. I'm not gonna start this grow for the next 15-25 days or so because I need to finish my current run. So I'm just gonna give ya'll my grow room specs and nutrient formulation, just because this is a GH nutrient thread...right??...LOL

Lights- (2) 600's in Large Adjust a Wing reflector
Room- 12'x6' but will use 4'X4' raceway table and grow canopy to about 4'x5'
Medium- 100% coco (bricks) with 40% perlite in 3 gallon buckets and 12 buckets total
Strain- Rocklock from DNA (seeds)
Base Nutrients- Gh Micro, Bloom, Epsom
Bloom Bloosters- GH KoolBloom
Supplements- HCO Snow Storm Ultra

I'm not tring to make this into a grow log, so I'll just give my nutrient regiment, its the Head Formula, and here it is, with minor tweaks:

Veg- all measurements are per gallon

Week 1- 3 ml M, 4.5 ml B (10%)
Week 2- 3 ml M, 4.5 ml B, 1 g epsom (50%)
Week 3- 6 ml M, 9 ml B, 1 g epsom (50%)
Week 4- 6 ml M, 9 ml B, 1 g epsom (100%)

This is what I wanna run during veg, but depending on how the plants react I might haveto tweak it. I'll post the bloom formula when I get back, gotta go. Hope ya'll enjoyed and I would like any helpful feedback, opinions, or just replies from people who had experience with the Heads formula. Peace.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Ok guys, I just got my GH cocoTek bricks and a bag of perlite, DNA Rocklock beans coming within a week or 2 from my good friends north of the border. I'm not gonna start this grow for the next 15-25 days or so because I need to finish my current run. So I'm just gonna give ya'll my grow room specs and nutrient formulation, just because this is a GH nutrient thread...right??...LOL

Lights- (2) 600's in Large Adjust a Wing reflector
Room- 12'x6' but will use 4'X4' raceway table and grow canopy to about 4'x5'
Medium- 100% coco (bricks) with 40% perlite in 3 gallon buckets and 12 buckets total
Strain- Rocklock from DNA (seeds)
Base Nutrients- Gh Micro, Bloom, Epsom
Bloom Bloosters- GH KoolBloom
Supplements- HCO Snow Storm Ultra

I'm not tring to make this into a grow log, so I'll just give my nutrient regiment, its the Head Formula, and here it is, with minor tweaks:

Veg- all measurements are per gallon

Week 1- 3 ml M, 4.5 ml B (10%)
Week 2- 3 ml M, 4.5 ml B, 1 g epsom (50%)
Week 3- 6 ml M, 9 ml B, 1 g epsom (50%)
Week 4- 6 ml M, 9 ml B, 1 g epsom (100%)

This is what I wanna run during veg, but depending on how the plants react I might haveto tweak it. I'll post the bloom formula when I get back, gotta go. Hope ya'll enjoyed and I would like any helpful feedback, opinions, or just replies from people who had experience with the Heads formula. Peace.

Sorry for replying to my own post, (its awkward lol)

EDIT: Week 1 will consist of 1 ml M, 2 ml B. Days 1-3 will be at 50% and days 4-7 will be at 100%. Weeks 2-4 will remain the same (for now).

I am doing this for the 1st week of veg to promote root growth with the 1-1-1.5 NPK ratio, which is high in P and K relative to N and other nutrients. The remainder of veg, weeks 2-4, will consist of a 2-1-2 ratio for foliage growth, using low K to compensate for coco's K 'holding' properties. Flower is a whole other formula, I'll have that soon for ya'll.

K

kushtrees

Ooo I like that 1-1-1.5 for the 1st week for root growth... I'm going to have to try this out

Top Bottom