GH New Floraduo??

• Thread starter Doctor Dank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Doctor Dank

Ill try not to make this a newb question..
Been using GH flora series with the lucas formula for 5+yrs, it always worked great for my different types of grows...I just recently started using the New GH Floraduo 2 part nutes in a bucket system and so far seems to be pretty good. The veg was fast lush and vigorous, im 2 weeks in the 12/12 and still looking great! From my calculations it should stretch further than the regular flora series saving a little money in the long run..The question is, has anyone else used the floraduo from start to finish? how was it and what strength did you use? Per directions on bottle..there are 3 mixes strong,mild and normal..I went with the Mild mix with a little blackstrap and still got a small amount of tip burn..Maybe its the genes. My PPM pen is shot so I cant get a accurate read on the mix...The mild mix is 1tsp of A and 2tsp of B..for bloom, Strong mix is 3tsp of B and 1tsp of A...im thinking somewhere in the middle about week 3-4 and see how that preforms before going full strength.

Anyone have any experience with the floraduo, would love to hear a report before I get to far in...

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

is this the brand new gh stuff?
if so the dude at the hydro store was just finishing his first run and loved the hell outa it

C

cheyenne

hmmmm looks like they relabeled the flora series and are just giving you micro and bloom....lucas...... I could be wrong but this to me looks like nothing but an ad campaign....nothings changed except the label..

C

Cagedxj

The new line is PH Perfect, Chlelated and ready to go no PH or TDS needed. The rep just gave me 6 gallons of the duo and kool bloom and flora nectar and the florakleen for a side bye side with Cutting edge solutions!

H

Hydro King

damn i cant wait to try it. I love GH i just dont think it works well with rockwool

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

The new line is PH Perfect, Chlelated and ready to go no PH or TDS needed. The rep just gave me 6 gallons of the duo and kool bloom and flora nectar and the florakleen for a side bye side with Cutting edge solutions!

dam really wana see this
dude at the store knows his stuff but get real excited about new products so im always kinda skect whenever he recomends new stuff
example 1 flower dragon
u got a thread going for your side by side?

B

bluewaves

hmmmm looks like they relabeled the flora series and are just giving you micro and bloom....lucas...... I could be wrong but this to me looks like nothing but an ad campaign....nothings changed except the label..

your dead on!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

isnt their old series a 3 part
this is a two part
dude at the hydro store was running their old 3 part in tomatoes at 3000ppm and it still wasnt enuf to burn them
not saying its not any good but i just waana push my ladies a lil more than that

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

What makes you guys say its the same stuff in different bottles. Just curious if this is your opinion or fact?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I agree just searched a little and couldn't find much about it. I assume the same as you but was hoping to back it up.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

For sure. I lucased for years and its my num.1 suggestion for new guys. My dad is a new grower and killing it with the lucas and ebb gro buckets.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

just checked out a bunch of stuff about the flora duo today
way different than the nova and their other 3 part line
looks killer
gh also has a roots excelerator coming out soon that is supposed to be killer
designed to be run with h2o2, instead of the h+g stuff that has bateria/enzymes in it
and its half the price

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

dude at the hydro store had their new feed chart, emailed from hyrdofarm. shoulda tried to get a copy cuz i cant find it anywhere online

B

bluewaves

formula for newbies?......i guess im a newbie still after cant count how many years i been using that lol yayyyy newbie feeling young agian lol

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

FloraDuo is a new two-part mineral nutrient from General Hydroponics, FloraDuo A (formerly Grow) and FloraDuo B (formerly Bloom). Using only two components it is possible to mix a large range of different nutrient blends for different kinds of plants and for different phases of growth from seedling through harvest.

The ratios of primary, secondary and micronutrients all change with different blends (adjust as you mix in different amounts of A (5-0-6) and B (1-5-4); each part tailored to meet specialized plant needs. It can be used for all types of plants and all types of gardening methods including hydroponics, potted plants in prepared soil mixes, coco blends and garden soils. We are now carrying this great new product!

still doesnt really tell me whats in it or if theirs any advantages vs. the 3 part
this is basically the ONLY info anywhere ive been able to find

Dephect

Dephect

I read somewhere that it contains "new bio activators" that are supposed to stimulate root growth, nutrient uptake, and help resistance against pest and fungi. I myself have been using FloraNova w/ Liquid Kool Bloom, Floralicious and FloraNectar. I think I am going to get some quarts of A and B and give them a go.

Here is the feeding schedule for FloraDuo.
To provide your plants with the correct nutrient spectrum and obtain the right balance of nutrients use both A & B as seen in chart below:

A

B

Strong Grow Blend
3 tsp

1 tsp

Mild General Purpose
1 tsp

1 tsp

Normal General Purpose
2 tsp

2 tsp

Transitional Blend from Grow to Bloom
1.5 tsp

2.5 tsp

Mild Bloom Blend
1 tsp

2 tsp

Strong Bloom Blend
1 tsp

3 tsp

Note: B can be used alone as a bloom booster for garden plants, foliar feeding and hydroponic reservoir top-up for the bloom phase. Add 1-3 tsp of B per gallon of water.

H

highnbrek

Wondering if anyone knows why they change the ratios from the samples to the release? The floraduo samples of "grow"(6-0-6) and "bloom"(0-4-2) and now the latest released are A(5-0-6) and B(1-5-4) ????

T

tweeze420

I am using the Duo with a combo of Bud Factor X and BloomBastic. Lets just say 3 weeks in and it is frosty and pretty dam big for week 3. But i think that is my BLoomBastic, i cant wait to try RootBastic!!!!!

D

Duane

I am using the Duo with a combo of Bud Factor X and BloomBastic. Lets just say 3 weeks in and it is frosty and pretty dam big for week 3. But i think that is my BLoomBastic, i cant wait to try RootBastic!!!!!
man that rootbastic is exceptionally straight massive roots in 3 days

RFT

RFT

pH perfect? No pH needed?

This doesn’t make sense. Can someone explain.

Does this mean that regardless of my source water’s pH, I can just add floraduo and it will self correct? Or that the plants will uptake no matter what the pH is because this line of formula is magic?

Im confused.

Top Bottom