Gh Nutes In Coco

• Thread starter Tylergrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wisher619

Wisher619

I use RO and add calmag to about 150-200ppm before I add anything else. Then I add nutrients to whatever ppm I’m shooing for. I only use thier recommendation, cut in half, as a starting point.
I use RO and NEVER add Calmg because it isnt necessary..just wasted money IMO

but some claim they need it

an easier way to grow in coco IMO is to use an egg mix like a 5-12-26 + Calnit
that way you get all the Ca you need and when mid flower you can lower your ca/n so your flowers finish out

Enforcer

Enforcer

I use RO and NEVER add Calmg because it isnt necessary..just wasted money IMO

but some claim they need it

an easier way to grow in coco IMO is to use an egg mix like a 5-12-26 + Calnit
that way you get all the Ca you need and when mid flower you can lower your ca/n so your flowers finish out

I tried not adding it last run and developed a calcium deficiency in mid flower. Which stopped when I began mixing in some calmag. I’m not quite comfortable yet with dry nutes. I’ll get there. I’ve been reading up on Jack 5-12-26. But for now, some calmag checks the box I need. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I know you know your stuff. It’s just what has worked for me.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I tried not adding it last run and developed a calcium deficiency in mid flower. Which stopped when I began mixing in some calmag. I’m not quite comfortable yet with dry nutes. I’ll get there. I’ve been reading up on Jack 5-12-26. But for now, some calmag checks the box I need. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I know you know your stuff. It’s just what has worked for me.
I understand
it also may be the way you are treating coco
should be watered once a day to runoff and smaller pots should be watered multiple times

Enforcer

Enforcer

I understand
it also may be the way you are treating coco
should be watered once a day to runoff and smaller pots should be watered multiple times
Yeah. Watered up to four times a day in flower. Always watered at least once a day. Flowered in 3 gallon pots last run. Going with 2 gallon pots this round. Always to 20% run off.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I don't think it contains 5 percent calcium but I could be wrong ill have to check the bottle. I've heard you should add calmag supplement in coco coir. Ill lay off the calmag for now as its never been absolutely neccesary in the past for me. I'm strongly considering flushing with cannaflush and restarting with 2/3 of GHs recommendation on the bottle (ive heard they are too strong typically)instead of my made up formula of 27ml/10L bloom and 17ml/10L micro. Not sure how best to use the cannaflush however and when to resume normal feed. Any tips? Thanks.
Ok, so you're using hard water micro. Then the question would be, what is the makeup of the .6 ec of your tap? At a .5 conversion that's 300 ppm of unknown ingredients you are throwing in the mix.

My feeds run from 350-400 ppm (0.8 ec) for veg. For flower I max out at 1.1ec (550 ppm) so your base starting point is almost the same as my veg feeds to start with. I add zero cal-mag to my RO base because my base nutrients carry 5% cal.

The thing I didn't like about the GH Trio is that the micro contains no mag, you rely on the base grow and bloom for the mag needs, hence why the Lucas formula of 6-9 works better for the extra mag in the bloom formula.

prospero

prospero

Thanks for your reply, I'm using GH micro and bloom. The bloom or micro has plenty of nitrogen I can't remember which one but the mix I'm using I've posted in the first comment and I've just made another comment if you'd be so kind as to offer your opinion. Thanks :)
Your welcome. Thats what its all about here :-) The GH nutes come as a trio. You need the Green grow :-)

T

Tylergrower

so you grew in coco before and had no problems?
what would the difference be now

I have never reused coco before but decided to do so this time around, either it was that or maybe this breed does worse with too much nitrogen. Also they are closer to the light than I would usually have them because i have cooled lights which makes them use up water and nutes faster so quicker uptake of nitrogen? Its probably more likely the change in breed. If I sound like I know what I'm talking about I don't lol, just random things I've read on the internet. Hopefully this lower ppm feed which is also extra low in Nitrogen will be helpful. I'll have to see how they go.

T

Tylergrower

I use RO and add calmag to about 150-200ppm before I add anything else. Then I add nutrients to whatever ppm I’m shooing for. I only use thier recommendation, cut in half, as a starting point.

Okay thanks fpr the tip, do you use GH recommendations at 50%. I'm going for 70% because I've heard they are too strong. But if I go to 50% the ppm of the 6_9 formula in 4L I have heard a lot the ppm is way too high, but maybe that's been my problem. Why is that 6 9 formula spouted everywhere if its way too strong a formula? Maybe I've been unlucky and a number of factors have meant my plants are drinking more than is typical due to large roots and close to light (temps good). The 6 9 formula has worked for me real good in the past but I don't know what's gone wrong with this grow?

T

Tylergrower

Ok, so you're using hard water micro. Then the question would be, what is the makeup of the .6 ec of your tap? At a .5 conversion that's 300 ppm of unknown ingredients you are throwing in the mix.

My feeds run from 350-400 ppm (0.8 ec) for veg. For flower I max out at 1.1ec (550 ppm) so your base starting point is almost the same as my veg feeds to start with. I add zero cal-mag to my RO base because my base nutrients carry 5% cal.

The thing I didn't like about the GH Trio is that the micro contains no mag, you rely on the base grow and bloom for the mag needs, hence why the Lucas formula of 6-9 works better for the extra mag in the bloom formula.
Yeah that 6 9 formula has worked wel for me in the past but recently its not been working. I have changed a lot of other things which I've just mentioned that may be contributing to toxicity. Whether I should stick to 50% of GH recommendations or go back to 6 9 after this grow with fresh coco and everything will back to normal, but I think they are drinking more and a low nute solution is better?

Enforcer

Enforcer

Okay thanks fpr the tip, do you use GH recommendations at 50%. I'm going for 70% because I've heard they are too strong. But if I go to 50% the ppm of the 6_9 formula in 4L I have heard a lot the ppm is way too high, but maybe that's been my problem. Why is that 6 9 formula spouted everywhere if its way too strong a formula? Maybe I've been unlucky and a number of factors have meant my plants are drinking more than is typical due to large roots and close to light (temps good). The 6 9 formula has worked for me real good in the past but I don't know what's gone wrong with this grow?
Sorry man, I haven’t used GH before. Sounds like you’re on the right track though, getting that N down. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom