GH nutes in soil?

• Thread starter sirshamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sirshamus

Just wanting to know if anyone has or is using GH flora series for soil. My friend is needing to reup on some nutes and I happen to have a jub of micro and bloom that I used in coco. If anyone could post a schedule for the 2 part GH, I would appreciate it. Have been told the 6mL of micro and 9mL of bloom, but I thought that was for coco.

Solidopc

Solidopc

I have used hydroponic nutrients in soil grows before. Not GH stuff though, i used H&G aqua flakes a+b. Got really really good yields from it. Only started adding once the soil was bereft of nutes. The taste wasan't as good as my organic grows though. But i might not have flushed for long enough. It worked mind, and workd well in terms of yield especially. Can't see why you can't do the same with GH nutes. Though i thought the GH was a 3 part thing woth grow/bloom/micro not just the last two. But i've never used any GH stuff apart from ripen, and i wont be using that again anytime soon.

S

sirshamus

Yeah it is a 3 part. The "Lucas Formula" cuts out the grow part cause the micro has enough nitrogen. Thanks for the info, Solidopc.

S

Snookster

I snagged this off of ICFAG....

==The Recipe==

(All Products are GenHydro,pH at 6.0)
(All measurements are per gal.)
6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom
5ml Floralicious (during week 3 of a 4-5week,24-on,veg cycle.)

Week 5,transition into flower-6.0 pH h20 at <100ppm

Based on 63 day 12/12 Flower Cycle:

Day 1-14
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 15-21
6ml micro
9ml bloom
7ml Kool-Bloom Liquid (0-10-10)

Day 22-28
9ml Bloom

Day 29-35
9ml Bloom

Day 36-52
9 ml Bloom

Day 50-63 (Flush)
6.0 pH h20 at <100 ppm

W

Worddd

Hey sirshamus! I've been using GH lucas formula in soil, and have been really pleased with the results. I use RO + lucas formula at about 1/4-1/3 of normal strength every watering and supplement with cal-mag, but don't think the cal-mag it's that nescessary on a regular basis, depends on strains. Original schedule of lucas is basically just 5ml micro/10ml bloom per gallon in full veg and 8 ml micro/16 ml bloom per gallon in flower. For hydro I assume some just follow this quite rigid, easy, but for soil I just go by the ratio 1/2 micro/bloom at about 1/4-1/3 of the normal dosage and step up the feed as the grow progresses, until flushing for 14 days. Hope that helps a bit.

best greetings
Worddd

S

sirshamus

Thank you both. Snookster, I've seen the recipe on the other site, lol. Wasn't sure if that was for coco or soil. I found something Lucas had said last night 2mL micro, 4mL bloom. Sounds like your right on, Worddd.

L

Limeygreen

Gh works well in soil. Don't have to follow the lucas formula, you can use the GH recommendations and then gauge it from there.

C

coldnorth

lucas formula is 1.6 ml micro, 2.4 ml bloom per Liter, i have it all written down somewhere that i collected from little here and there!

i use it in soil and they seem to like it, use only water every now and then to flush out.

edit : there is a old thread here somewhere where you will find alot of good info, think even ff did a sheet in exel if im not mistaken.

B

Budhog

That is great info. I changed from hydro to soil (organic), but I might try it on a couple of plants and compare.

S

StonerB

Works fine. A plants needs are the same whether in soil or hydro. The difference is how we deliver these needs. Once you start adding synthetics to soil you kill all the micro-life that normally breaks down the food and makes it plant available. This is ok IF you continue to feed elements already chemically chelated for you OR continually re-inoculate with the bennies to help keep the soil "alive" Why not keep soil natural as it was intended? There are plenty of organic nutes out there, even from GH if you like the company.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

i get crazy results in soil with 1 tsp gh maxibloom, 1 ml floralicious plus, 1 ml protekt and a cup of tea per gallon. i run organics until about half way into flower then switch to maxibloom to pack on weight. the low N and high P in maxibloom seems to work better in soil than when i ran it in coco.

the general organic line grows really clean but the yield wont compare to maxibloom. i like floraduo in coco but i haven't used it in soil.

T

theman

I snagged this off of ICFAG....

==The Recipe==

(All Products are GenHydro,pH at 6.0)
(All measurements are per gal.)
6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom
5ml Floralicious (during week 3 of a 4-5week,24-on,veg cycle.)

Week 5,transition into flower-6.0 pH h20 at <100ppm

Based on 63 day 12/12 Flower Cycle:

Day 1-14
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 15-21
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 22-28
9ml Bloom

Day 29-35
9ml Bloom

Day 36-52
9 ml Bloom

Day 50-63 (Flush)
6.0 pH h20 at <100 ppm
Is this the lucas formula?

TheD

TheD

Hey sirshamus! I've been using GH lucas formula in soil, and have been really pleased with the results. I use RO + lucas formula at about 1/4-1/3 of normal strength every watering and supplement with cal-mag, but don't think the cal-mag it's that nescessary on a regular basis, depends on strains. Original schedule of lucas is basically just 5ml micro/10ml bloom per gallon in full veg and 8 ml micro/16 ml bloom per gallon in flower. For hydro I assume some just follow this quite rigid, easy, but for soil I just go by the ratio 1/2 micro/bloom at about 1/4-1/3 of the normal dosage and step up the feed as the grow progresses, until flushing for 14 days. Hope that helps a bit.

best greetings
Worddd

A little confused on 1/2 micro/bloom part and about a 1/4-1/3 of normal dosage? I’m confused you saying you use the 8/16 but you lower the dosage, what do you mean please explain further thank you?

Top Bottom