Gherb's 1st Scrog Grow

• Thread starter Gherb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gherb

needs nitrogen

Maybe my base bloom nutrient doesn't have enough nitrogen in it. I'm using Roots Organics Buddha Bloom. I am just about out. So I'm going to switch it up this week.

Do I need to add nitrogen in small amounts up to certain week? Maybe taper off by decreasing grow nutes as I get to week 4 so there is enough to carry through the end?

Irietime

Irietime

I believe I lollipopped on the first week of flower. Your setup looks great. I think you flipped at a better time than I did.

What strain are you running?
I got three Chemdog guava x creamsicle, one blueberry and one sour diesel. Pretty sure all three chems are females:) and the blueberry and diesel are feminized.
As far as lollipoping I'm trying to figure out the best time to strip them down with the least amount of stress. I was thinking the beginning of the third week, the canopy should be pretty well filled in by then? Idk? Any thoughts on this?

fatawa

fatawa

Maybe my base bloom nutrient doesn't have enough nitrogen in it
each strain will want a lil differnt recipe but if your greens light u need more,super dark hunter green and yur heavy.

Do I need to add nitrogen in small amounts up to certain week?
they need amounts threw your whole grow.n if yur adding actual veg cycle nutes to compensate a lil goes a long way...start at like 2.5ml per gal.keep adding more to u c desired green on fan leaves

G

Gherb

Here are some week 5 pictures. The vertical height still hasn't became an issue. The buds are looking fat and heavy. The only problems that I am still battling are the yellowing of the fan leaves which has progressed and even the addition of nitrogen hasn't helped much. The second problem is the excess height above the scrog net combined with the heavy colas has made about 30% of the upper growth fall over. Every time I look in the tent a couple more have toppled over. I feel like somebody should be yelling "timber". It looks like I'm going to have to use some string to suspend the fallen colas to the ceiling of the tent. Since there are so many I am not looking forward to this project but I need to do it this weekend. On my second scrog grow which is already underway I have maintained better control of the height problem so this shouldn't be an issue with that one.

20170331 153030
20170331 152946
20170331 152825 001
2017 03 29 200832

I will start Gherb's 2nd Scrog Grow in my next grow diary.

Thanks,

Gherb

whitebob

whitebob

I've run scrog a few times i try and get the screen as close to the pot as i can like 8 - 10 inches above.. then start weaving as soon as they pop through. otherwise all that bare stuff under your screen was wasted time vegging.. also keeps height down( my room is under 6 ft high) leave enough space to get your hands between screen and pot to clean out... and i personally strip out the unwanted stuff about week three of flower when the bud sites have set, but they haven't started to stack... looks good dude... get the screen down next time and you'll fill it up way quicker not wasting time growing to the screen..;) i normally end up with about 10 inch bud spikes above my screen...

Latest posts

Top Bottom