Ghetto 1 gallon cone bottom ACT brewer.

• Thread starter thatgreenstuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thatgreenstuff

DIY 1 gallon cone bottom ACT brewer.

Well bare with me guys this is my first DIY.

This is just a quik Diy i thought of doing. I normally use a 5 gallon airlift brewer but since I dont have a microscope I like to use different methods sometimes. I want to warn you guys Ive only used this brewer a few times so while it has worked for me ( no leaks etc) im not 100% sure it will work for you. Ok here we go.
Things needed :
- 2 1 gallon water containers. ( the first time you make it you will probably need 3 or so untill you get it right )
- scissors
- a 1/4 drill bit (with drill) or something equivelent in size to poke holes in cap.

With the two gallon jug's, one is the brewer and one is the stand.

1. Cut one of the gallon jugs just where it starts to cone this will be the stand.
2. Place the other jug upside down on top of the stand to make sure it fits snug.
3. Cut a small hole at the bottom of the stand jug so your air hoses can go through. Preferably as low as you can make it to the bottom of the jug.
4. Drill two holes in your cap. It doesnt seem to matter the type of cap push on or twist. Dont make the holes too big though. There should be pressure when putting the hoses through.
5. Put your hoses through the stand jug and just through the end of the cap( the closer the hoses stay to the end of the cap the less dead spots there could be).
6. Cut a hole on the bottom (the opposite end of where you pour from) of your Brewer jug .
7. Then take the brewer jug and connect the cap with air hoses and set the brewer on the stand. Fill it with a little bit of water and make sure it doesn't leak.

Add your goodies like fungus covered compost and brew away.

Ghetto 1 gallon cone bottom act brewer
Ghetto 1 gallon cone bottom act brewer 2
Ghetto 1 gallon cone bottom act brewer 3
Ghetto 1 gallon cone bottom act brewer 4
Ghetto 1 gallon cone bottom act brewer 5
Ghetto 1 gallon cone bottom act brewer 6
Ghetto 1 gallon cone bottom act brewer 7
Ghetto 1 gallon cone bottom act brewer 8
Ghetto 1 gallon cone bottom act brewer 9
S

Shredder

That looks pretty cool, but i wonder how much of a difference it would be if you just used one gallon in the 5 gallon bucket with a homemade diffuser. Reguardless I think it will work well, and i dig your fungal compost, knowing the white growth would scare some, add a cap full of fish hydroslate, and or a small amount of alfalfa meal, some molasses, and you will be rockin. I've seen simular designs using walmart water bottles as a vessel, I heard they work well too......shredder

C

CT Guy

Next time, just mix the white mold back in to the compost and let it disappear over the course of a day or so. I don't like to use a sealed container either, make sure there's still air access and movement.

T

thatgreenstuff

Thanks for the replies guys. I just thought it would be something cool for micro growers to use. CT this is actually the first time ive used compost that had added baby oatmeal wich cooked for a few days. Does the white mold hurt the plant in anyway? Im considering tossising this brew. Cause they are in sensitive stage and I dont want to cause them any extra stress. I did keep the lid on that jar cracked but maybe i should let more air in next time.

S

Shredder

Not CT, but your mold, looks like it is actually fungus and would make for a fungal tea, good stuff. Maybe add a little fish hydroslate, a tbs of molasses, and your flowering girls will thank you......shredder

T

thatgreenstuff

thanks shredder, they are about 5 days after flip right now.
In with that 5 Tbs of funus compost, I added 2 Tbs of EWC 2 Tbs molasses 1 Tbs humic and Tbs liquid kelp ( going to switch to powdered when i run out).

dillute to 3 gallons of ro

Top Bottom