Ghost OG clone // first grow

• Thread starter yeshoneey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yeshoneey

yeshoneey

First grow since my childhood bedroom closet. Doing things a bit more correctly this time around, and couldn’t be more excited.

So I decided to start out with a little clone from Kind Love here in Denver. I did lots reading and watching videos and would love some notes on anything I may have missed/fucked up on.

I just recently replanted into a 3gal cloth pot, and started a little stress training since it was a bit lanky.

Tent: VIVOSUN 48"x24"x60"

Light: Mars Hydro TS 1000w

Medium: FoxFarm Happy Frog Potting Soil

Nutrients: General Hydroponics GH5100 General Organics Go Box

Misc:
• ⁠AcuRite Digital Hydrometer
• ⁠BN-Link 24 hour timer
• ⁠5 gallon soft grow bags
• ⁠Vivosun ph meter pen
• ⁠ph up/down
• ⁠perlite
• ⁠2 small fans

I in a few weeks once I am closer to flowering I will be ordering an AC Infinity 6” fan and a Phresh carbon filter (please let me know if maybe I should get something else)

And suggestions or tips are highly appreciated!

Ghost og clone  first grow
Ghost og clone  first grow 2
Ghost og clone  first grow 3
Ghost og clone  first grow 4
Ghost og clone  first grow 5
Ghost og clone  first grow 6
yeshoneey

yeshoneey

ah forgot to add I also ordered a big bucket to de-chlorinate my water and possibly make teas in the future, and one of these:

Miket420

Miket420

Brotha... I would advise to check your parameters. What ph your water is at also .... personally I'd drop down that light a bit ! This strain sounds bad ass! Good.luck

yeshoneey

yeshoneey

Brotha... I would advise to check your parameters. What ph your water is at also .... personally I'd drop down that light a bit ! This strain sounds bad ass! Good.luck

ah thanks man! I actually just got my ph pen and the ph up/down and just brought my water down to 6.1 from an astonishing 8.3 🤯.

I haven’t been able to purchase a ppm pen just yet, will do this Friday with the paycheck.

When I transplanted the other day I didn’t have these tools yet and gave it a nice watering to get rid of some air pockets and get the pot wet (didn’t water until runoff was a bit scarred)

Also just a question, did you notice this from the purple in the stems?

And than you very much for the encouragement!!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Go slow with the light. A little at a time so you don't go too far and burn your clone. What is the pH of your soil? If you don't know yet, that's something important to find out.

yeshoneey

yeshoneey

Go slow with the light. A little at a time so you don't go too far and burn your clone. What is the pH of your soil? If you don't know yet, that's something important to find out.

Awesome, brought the light down a little bit! Will see how she reacts and keep going down. What do you guys think is the optimal distance from plant to light for now?

Also in terms of soil PH -- I have not done that yet as I haven't gotten a chance to water this until runoff just yet. What method would you recommend to test the soil ph?

I have the ⁠Vivosun ph meter pen, and also have a ph up/down kit with the ph testing liquid

Wish I could afford one of those BlueLab pens

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Awesome, brought the light down a little bit! Will see how she reacts and keep going down. What do you guys think is the optimal distance from plant to light for now?

Also in terms of soil PH -- I have not done that yet as I haven't gotten a chance to water this until runoff just yet. What method would you recommend to test the soil ph?

I have the ⁠Vivosun ph meter pen, and also have a ph up/down kit with the ph testing liquid

Wish I could afford one of those BlueLab pens
Absolute best method is at a lab. Sometimes hydroponics stores offer testing. If they don't offer this at your favorite shop, they would know where you can get this done. There are other methods you can use.

Here's a very nice article that explains how you can test your pH at home: https://blog.hannainst.com/soil-ph-testing

yeshoneey

yeshoneey

Absolute best method is at a lab. Sometimes hydroponics stores offer testing. If they don't offer this at your favorite shop, they would know where you can get this done. There are other methods you can use.

Here's a very nice article that explains how you can test your pH at home: https://blog.hannainst.com/soil-ph-testing

Unfortunately due to the situation none of the shops are open around me currently, but I did so a slurry test and it looks like the soil ph is around 6.7 which is about .08 above the new adjusted water ph (6.6)

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Unfortunately due to the situation none of the shops are open around me currently

I was afraid of that. It's the same way here too. Although I can do online ordering and curbside delivery, and I may be doing that soon to get good soil for my raised bed vegetable gardens.

I did so a slurry test and it looks like the soil ph is around 6.7 which is about .08 above the new adjusted water ph (6.6)

You shouldn't have a problem. Straight water really doesn't need adjusted though if it's pH is within the realms of "normal" and 6.6ph is pretty close to that 7.0 +/- .5 is a pretty good target for pure water. Even 8 isn't so bad.

yeshoneey

yeshoneey

I was afraid of that. It's the same way here too. Although I can do online ordering and curbside delivery, and I may be doing that soon to get good soil for my raised bed vegetable gardens.

You shouldn't have a problem. Straight water really doesn't need adjusted though if it's pH is within the realms of "normal" and 6.6ph is pretty close to that 7.0 +/- .5 is a pretty good target for pure water. Even 8 isn't so bad.

Yeah it seems to me that the ph here is super high (tap water) the filtered water from the fridge is a bit lower but still around 7.8. The tap water is at around 8-8.3

I also have the go box nutrients, and just as a test I mixed the recommended ones, at about a 1/4 strength and that tested at around ph6.2

I figure once I can start feeding (also not sure when to really start that) it will also help keep the ph levels down

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Just don't let it get too low. Here's the soil nutrient uptake guide. It gives you the ideal range for your soil and shows you where the different nutrients are available to your plants. Right half is soil.

PH uptake chart
yeshoneey

yeshoneey

Just don't let it get too low. Here's the soil nutrient uptake guide. It gives you the ideal range for your soil and shows you where the different nutrients are available to your plants. Right half is soil.

This is immensely helpful, thank you very much for this chart. Going to save it to my phone to have handy at all times :)

Really appreciate all the help so far!!

visajoe1

visajoe1

for carbon filters i recommend foothill carbon filters. they work great, refillable for a lifetime with a simple bolt plug, and are reasonably priced. sold only on ebay

yeshoneey

yeshoneey

for carbon filters i recommend foothill carbon filters. they work great, refillable for a lifetime with a simple bolt plug, and are reasonably priced. sold only on ebay

oh this is sick! haven’t ever even heard of these before - thank you so much!

yeshoneey

yeshoneey

the ghost og is looking great after a little lst, the bottom growth is spreading upwards.

Earlier today I watered about .5L and the plant did enjoyed it much more with the ph-ed water than before with just tap.

After bringing the light down a bit I did notice a little tiny bit of stress on the leaf tips so I turned it back down to 50%

63C8C7EE F6E6 4445 B1CC 87E3BF1FDDBB
4251DB84 E276 445B 8A69 2B67EF7244F3
F1231513 73C9 4B7E B437 B462A2603EF3
38C3E447 71DD 4B88 80DF A65A75927E4D
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey yes , prob just red stem from magniesum deff from mom , it will grow out in a week or two
Take it easy with the training , till roots establish
Good luck

yeshoneey

yeshoneey

Hey yes , prob just red stem from magniesum deff from mom , it will grow out in a week or two
Take it easy with the training , till roots establish
Good luck

Ah that’s good to know, and thank you for the tip as well, will ease up on the training!

yeshoneey

yeshoneey

Question:

When you transplant (in my case the clone) to a larger pot, what is your preffered way of watering for it to take root faster/easier and with less stress. Meaning do you water right around the stem, or do you water on the perimiter of the pot, or do you soak the pot until runoff? Wondering if it is better to water less like .5L and have it dry quicker.

Top Bottom