Gigantic 9 foot Durbin poison… Help!

• Thread starter BoboGrower0813
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BoboGrower0813

I am a first time grower in a legal state with a monstrous gigantic Durbin poison on my hands. It’s over 9 feet tall and it’s only August 2 here on Long Island New York. I have no idea how big this baby is going to get, especially when it hits the stretch. And I have no idea when I can expect it to go into blossom stage.

I also have an 8 foot tall ice cream cake, and a 7 feet tall GG4.

Does anyone have any idea when these plants will flip? Hopefully by September 1. Or any ideas on how to handle these monsters? I probably should have decapitated them long ago, but I think it’s too late at this point.

Please help. Any suggestions or ideas would be extremely helpful.

B

BoboGrower0813

6485DD34 3094 4C13 8E82 35DAC08329C8
EE08A822 5AA8 4C1A 90F4 9CAF65F0AAAD

Figured I’d add a couple of pictures. Yeah those are peppers in front of me in the first pic, and the monster is behind me. You can see it’s encroaching on my entire garden. Would appreciate advice on how to deal with this situation.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

This is one of those times when I might actually recommend buzzing it with hedge clippers. There are people who do it. Some of them know what they are doing.

Get some tomato cage stuff and coil it upwards in a spring pattern?

Damn dude. Looking like a Cervantes video or something.

Jimmie

Jimmie

Looking good. I’m on eastern Long Island. Had two seven ft white widows last year. They started flower in late August. I go back and check dates on my pictures, keeps it accurate. I wouldn’t do anything with them, just start lining up a spot for drying. Is it the neighbors your worried about? I say run with em. Great looking garden by the way. Good luck.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
View attachment 1267581View attachment 1267580
Figured I’d add a couple of pictures. Yeah those are peppers in front of me in the first pic, and the monster is behind me. You can see it’s encroaching on my entire garden. Would appreciate advice on how to deal with this situation.
You better build up some supports for the weight the buds or they'll be hanging upside down around 5 weeks into flower. Some 2"x4"x6' welded wire mesh stacked up to the top of her / them or some bamboo pole lattice to support them but where you'll get 8 ft bamboo poles might be tricky

Nice job though Ican only dream about girls like that.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
At least you have support from above. You may be a yo-yoing fool before this is over with. And support the main stalk somehow. Once you get some weight and some wind and rain the whole kit and caboodle could come crashing down. Don’t let it fall on you! Might wind up in the ER! L O L! Careful on the ladder!

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Get a big ladder and develop your climbing skills. I’ve grown big plants like that before and managed to tie support strings from the tops of each main branch upward to the pvc pipes above. Didn’t lose one branch to windy storms or rain. You’re probably looking at late October for harvest timing. Nice job!

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Ya you're actually lucky we havent had any weather for awhile. You need to get those pegged up before the next storm. They're likely to have a split down even now if you dont. Get after it.

Mine are 1/10th that size and im already worried about it.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
View attachment 1267581View attachment 1267580
Other than you being too skinny and taller we look a lot alike......there are a few of us old guys here still growing and smoking the green.
Good to see you on the farm😄

Itman

Itman

I am a first time grower in a legal state with a monstrous gigantic Durbin poison on my hands. It’s over 9 feet tall and it’s only August 2 here on Long Island New York. I have no idea how big this baby is going to get, especially when it hits the stretch. And I have no idea when I can expect it to go into blossom stage.

I also have an 8 foot tall ice cream cake, and a 7 feet tall GG4.

Does anyone have any idea when these plants will flip? Hopefully by September 1. Or any ideas on how to handle these monsters? I probably should have decapitated them long ago, but I think it’s too late at this point.

Please help. Any suggestions or ideas would be extremely helpful.
Most need help to get things to grow you should be reporting your techniques not asking for help.. what type of Durbin?

J

Jojo420

For the love of God do not use hedge clippers.

My suggestion is set up a square frame , like four 12' t post or wood post and use hortinova netting to support the buds and branches
Or
Just get the hortinova and wrap it like a Christmas tree , just stretch it onto the plant and zip tie it together . When the plant starts to flop outwards it holds itself together and does not break the branches.
Use the search function or Google supporting outdoor flowering cannabis
Good luck :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom