Girl Scout Cookie Deficiency

• Thread starter georgebush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

georgebush

Hey all,

My GSC strain out of all my strains currently in veg is showing some deficiency.
Soil PH 6.2 (6.5 PH of feed)
PBP nutes
1400PPM
Girl scout cookie deficiency
Girl scout cookie deficiency 2
Girl scout cookie deficiency 3

Currently growing listed below, no other plants showing issues.

Chem Dawg
Blue Dream
Grape OG
GSC
Chernobyl

P

PharmHand

Being on the lower growth that shows more like P- ...... Which you would have plenty of at 1400ppm of PBP. I'd flood them thru heavily and bring your mediums ppms/ ph way down to make P more available

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You could add a few tsp of epsom salts to a litre of water and foliar spray them when the lights go out, that will give them a quick shot of mg straight to the affected leaves.

G

georgebush

Being on the lower growth that shows more like P- ...... Which you would have plenty of at 1400ppm of PBP. I'd flood them thru heavily and bring your mediums ppms/ ph way down to make P more available
Will do, last run my PH was slowly dropping over time, by the time i was in flower I couldn't get it above 6. So this run I've been watching it closely and PHing slightly higher than normal to combat that. 6.5 -6.6

Will drop it though!

G

georgebush

1 out of my 5 cookie plants seems sick. The leaves are purpling from the outside as well as the brown spots as shown in the previous picture and it is water logged for about a week. The top growth still looks mostly healthy and pointing upwards towards lights but its not drinking water and is smaller than the rest. I didn't flush this plant because the second I put even a cup of water it runs through the saucer.

Ideas?

15 Gallon pot (pro mix)
80 Degrees 70% Humidity
Under 8 bulb t5
Sealed room
900PPM co2
Soil PH 6.0

Photo Mar 24 4 40 17 PM
visajoe1

visajoe1

1 out of my 5 cookie plants seems sick. The leaves are purpling from the outside as well as the brown spots as shown in the previous picture and it is water logged for about a week. The top growth still looks mostly healthy and pointing upwards towards lights but its not drinking water and is smaller than the rest. I didn't flush this plant because the second I put even a cup of water it runs through the saucer.

Ideas?

15 Gallon pot (pro mix)
80 Degrees 70% Humidity
Under 8 bulb t5
Sealed room
900PPM co2
Soil PH 6.0
im not sure you have enough light in there to realize any benefit from co2, hopefully someone else can clarify. she definitely looks unhappy tho, how much are you feeding her? how often?

G

georgebush

Figured as much with the co2 but since my burner is in the next room that's not being used I turned it on and have the door open, shouldn't be hurting anything though correct?

PBP nutes w/ SeaGreen, Falisitor and MagiCal that I just started adding.
1400PPM
Feed, feed, phed water

Bringing down the PPMs now and doing a flush but this plant is soaked so don't know what to do

visajoe1

visajoe1

Figured as much with the co2 but since my burner is in the next room that's not being used I turned it on and have the door open, shouldn't be hurting anything though correct?

PBP nutes w/ SeaGreen, Falisitor and MagiCal that I just started adding.
1400PPM
Feed, feed, phed water

Bringing down the PPMs now and doing a flush but this plant is soaked so don't know what to do
waaay overfed. also, get away from ppm. ec is what you want to use.

its ok if she's soaked now, but you may be overwatering. fix that going forward if so. flush that bitch with an equal amount of clean water the same size as the pot, you need to get all the salts out. when she dries out in a couple days, feed her with something in the 1.6ec range with 20% runoff.

then its- feed, water, water

with a 15g pot, you shouldnt be watering or feeding more than twice a week probably. or is it 15 one gallon pots? cant tell by your post, but the pics look like 1g pots.

G

georgebush

waaay overfed. also, get away from ppm. ec is what you want to use.

its ok if she's soaked now, but you may be overwatering. fix that going forward if so. flush that bitch with an equal amount of clean water the same size as the pot, you need to get all the salts out. when she dries out in a couple days, feed her with something in the 1.6ec range with 20% runoff.

then its- feed, water, water

with a 15g pot, you shouldnt be watering or feeding more than twice a week probably. or is it 15 one gallon pots? cant tell by your post, but the pics look like 1g pots.

I am in 15 Gallon pots (not 15- 1 gallons)

I am not over watering, water about twice a week depending on the strain but I always make sure the pot is dry before watering.

The 1 "sick" cookie was the only of 5 cookie's that the pot was still wet, I'm guessing because of the over feeding it stressed her out.

Tonight I will flush out all the plants. Then going forward dial back the nutes and do Feed water water.

B Sparkles

B Sparkles

George, I'm new to the thread and was spoiled with a phenomenal strain for 2 yrs till striking on my own. I will tell you out of all the advice I got...1 thing...1 that helped the most (of course that's after overwatering, a cal- mag deficiency and stressing my ass off....
GSC are temperamental little brats so keep your ppm 1000 or less. Period. Best advise i got, pretty simple too. I also recently found a chart that shows at which ph level your girls absorb which nutes. This personally was so freaking helpful b/c if your running a specific ph like i learned youll see why your supplementals arent working. I hope it helps a little.
Screenshot 20170310 094627

Last edited:
Treveis

Treveis

Hey all,

My GSC strain out of all my strains currently in veg is showing some deficiency.
Soil PH 6.2 (6.5 PH of feed)
PBP nutes
1400PPM
View attachment 681249 View attachment 681250 View attachment 681251

Currently growing listed below, no other plants showing issues.

Chem Dawg
Blue Dream
Grape OG
GSC
Chernobyl
I think you need alittle cal-mag about 4ml to a gal and maybe phosphorus so if your using a 3 part grow chemical I give it the bloom chemical and extra ml then i usally would and maby a flush later down the road

visajoe1

visajoe1

I am in 15 Gallon pots (not 15- 1 gallons)

I am not over watering, water about twice a week depending on the strain but I always make sure the pot is dry before watering.

The 1 "sick" cookie was the only of 5 cookie's that the pot was still wet, I'm guessing because of the over feeding it stressed her out.

Tonight I will flush out all the plants. Then going forward dial back the nutes and do Feed water water.
nice, you'll get it turned around in no time. its always easier to add nutes then take away

G

georgebush

You could add a few tsp of epsom salts to a litre of water and foliar spray them when the lights go out, that will give them a quick shot of mg straight to the affected leaves.

George, I'm new to the thread and was spoiled with a phenomenal strain for 2 yrs till striking on my own. I will tell you out of all the advice I got...1 thing...1 that helped the most (of course that's after overwatering, a cal- mag deficiency and stressing my ass off....
GSC are temperamental little brats so keep your ppm 1000 or less. Period. Best advise i got, pretty simple too. I also recently found a chart that shows at which ph level your girls absorb which nutes. This personally was so freaking helpful b/c if your running a specific ph like i learned youll see why your supplementals arent working. I hope it helps a little. View attachment 684495

I have the SOIL PH Chart that I go by and it helps... Going to lower PPM going forward for sure. Hard to manage multiple strains with the same regimen, less is more!

nice, you'll get it turned around in no time. its always easier to add nutes then take away

So in my original post i put SOIL PH of 6.2 based on my BluLabs PH PEN. But today I watered with PH 6.2 water and got a runoff of 5.3-5.6!

This happened to me late in flower last run with this damn ProMix HP. I even added DL to the soil this go round, but clearly that didn't do shit.

Now to raise PH and adjust feed.

P

PharmHand

At what point did u add the dolo? The plant will actually use the lime after 6weeks or so in the medium sometimes even less if you've rinsed them thru a bunch. Some guys will top dress with dl mid flower to counteract the acidity of the peat. But you've been feeding super heavy the salt build up can acidify the medium too especially PBP since it's super high in phosphorus. There's a residual lime test you can do, it explains it on the Pro mix site

visajoe1

visajoe1

I have the SOIL PH Chart that I go by and it helps... Going to lower PPM going forward for sure. Hard to manage multiple strains with the same regimen, less is more!

So in my original post i put SOIL PH of 6.2 based on my BluLabs PH PEN. But today I watered with PH 6.2 water and got a runoff of 5.3-5.6!

This happened to me late in flower last run with this damn ProMix HP. I even added DL to the soil this go round, but clearly that didn't do shit.

Now to raise PH and adjust feed.
yes, running multiple strains is like juggling, it helps to take good notes when doing so. you're on the right track now though, you'll get to the finish line

G

georgebush

At what point did u add the dolo? The plant will actually use the lime after 6weeks or so in the medium sometimes even less if you've rinsed them thru a bunch. Some guys will top dress with dl mid flower to counteract the acidity of the peat. But you've been feeding super heavy the salt build up can acidify the medium too especially PBP since it's super high in phosphorus. There's a residual lime test you can do, it explains it on the Pro mix site

It will be 6 week this friday since i transplanted/added DL.

Can't find the residual lime test your talking about but was considering adding DL as a top dressing buffer, can't hurt at this point right?

yes, running multiple strains is like juggling, it helps to take good notes when doing so. you're on the right track now though, you'll get to the finish line

Taking plenty of notes, i've noticed so far the sativa dominate strains seem to be much more resilient to over feeding. At least the ones I'm growin' anyway! Chernobyl was the hardest to root when cloning but boy does she look amazing now (as does blue dream.)

Top Bottom