Girl Scout Cookies! [Pics] newly budding! feedback please!

• Thread starter Big Jack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Big Jack

Big Jack

Okay, Hello all, I just joined because I have been growing for about 14 weeks now and my plants are finally budding and i want as much feedback/advice I can get. All comments are much appreciated!!

So, I Live in a small apartment and am growing in my only available space ( a 4x2ft closet). I have 10 Girl scout cookies that have been growing for approx 14 weeks Veg and are now 1 1/2 week into budding. Each plant is about 21-25inches tall (except for one runt). I started from seeds and all 10 turned out to be female so i am very happy. During veg I used 2 70 watt CFL lights and for budding I am using a 1000 Watt HPS light with a 1000 Watt Magnetic Ballast. I realize that this light is way to hot for my size growing space but i bought the bulb ignorantly and am not going to buy a new one so I'm doing what i can to make it work. I have 3 fans, one oscillating on the plants, one working as an exhaust, and one that is facing downwards into a bucket with Ona gel inside to take care of the odor. The fans seem to help a lot with the heat. I have no filtration system of any kind.
I have just started my plants on a once a week feeding of Fox Farms Big Bloom. My main questions are about odor control, the plants don't smell much now, and the Ona gel works swell, but will the Ona gel be sufficient for the entire grow?! I live on the 2nd floor of a small apt building in nyc (only 4 other apts in the building). We smoke weed everyday so it already smells, but should i be more concerned? Also, should i be worried about my energy usage? Will the light cause a big enough of a spike to cause a concern?
Any other advice is greatly appreciated. feel free to ask more questions. and check out my many photos!!!

ALSO, I NEED ADVICE ON PRUNING!

Weedy3
Weedy4
Weedy5
Weedy6
Weedy8
Weedy9
Weedy10
Weedy11
Weedy7

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i hate to say this ...but those plants look like they been over feed..i could be wrong but...yeah paling of color
weedy10-jpg.288393
lockout coming

P

PurpleSticky

I've never really connected OVER feeding to paling, but these plants are that color throughout. It might be lighting or something, because those petioles look an odd purple from the other GSC cuts I've witnessed on this board.

What have you been feeding them?

Sulfur deficiencies can make the plant have that yellowish tint though, but I'd expect most soils and nutrients contain enough.

Big Jack

Big Jack

Trust me these plants are not over fed. The color is off because of the white balance setting on my DSLR camera. Some of the leaves on some of the plants are a bit yellow but the plants are actually much greener than they appear. Like i said in my original post, i just started the bloomer fertilizer so we'll see how they look in a week from now

Mexguy316

Mexguy316

Those don't really have the characteristics that I've been familiar with in seeing most cuts, as far as pruning good rule of thumb is to start from the top down and trim off fan leaves that are blocking light to the lower canopy. I hope you're right about your lighting because otherwise that strain, whatever it is, looks like its needing something good luck :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
they look fine to me
in this pic you can see they are green
weedy11-jpg.288395

Is that the Forum cut?

JAWS

JAWS

no thats not the fourm cut or a cut at all he said these were from seeds so in guessing these are S1? or did ya score some FEM seeds?......

ahhhh 14 week veg 3 1/2 months thats crazy long but seeing your only useing 140 watts i can see why there so small at that age.....ya i dont see any nute burn so thats not a problem, your lack of light in the veg stage is whats got you where you are right now...your flower light should be fine IF you can some how exhust the excess heat out some how...

humm what were you told these weeds were when you got them?..i mean were you told they were FEMS or S1's and also what were you told these seeds were as far as what pheno or type of cookie they were...

hummm:)

Big Jack

Big Jack

We did not score FEM seeds these are S1. How i Acquired them was before I started growing I picked up from my guy pretty regularly who was getting all sorts of different strains as time passed. One batch that he had was girl scout cookie (i don't know what pheno or type they are). The batch that he had was contaminated by a hermie plant during growth and so all his nugs from this batch were excessively seedy. Now this is my first grow ever, so please don't be too harsh if this was a bad idea. My friend and I collected many of the seeds over time and germinated about 15-20 and got 10 good seeds and planted them. Then grew them from there on out as described above. I read a lot of information about hermie seeds, and i am watching my plants very closeley to make sure none of them turn into hermies but so far all 10 are beautiful females with no male organs whatsoever.

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Does look like the OG dom cut of cookie I have. I have been doing some breeding with her, and those leaves look like cookie alright. They are a bit fatter at the tip but look as correct as I have seen from anything from seed. I would verify the entire room was cookie so you know it was def cookie pollen on cookie....um... cookie lol! Otherwise you have a cross, which could be likely also as the leaves aren't exactly right. She is a picky bitch to grow, very needy and dosn't like stress AT ALL......bruises real easy. Like JAWS said, that's a long time to veg with little growth, they are def yellow and stressed. I hope she produces for you as the buds are TOP TOP. Good luck with the grow, I think you scored.

Cool weather GSC, straight dank:

DSC00700

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Oh ya, and Jack.....I don't think I would prune those gals, I don't think they would forgive you at this point. Take all of the big fan leaves off, just the big/wide leaves that are the oldest. I wouldn't take any branches. If she's the real deal she will just get worse. I only prune/top GSC in veg and while 100% healthy, and then give them plenty of time to recover before flower.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
I'm with BirdDog on this one, minimal pruning appears to be possible. Your plants look to be un-topped, in combination with a Nitrogen deficiency and that has created elongated single stem plants that lack the usual under-growth most people would be concerned about pruning. I know you claim that these plants are not having nutrient problems, and it is just your white balance. . . but there are visibly chlorotic leaves at the bottom of your plants and the leaf size and branching also indicates an obvious deficiency of some kind.

And IMHO, the rule of thumb that MexGuy316 proposed is the exact opposite of what will maximize your growth. . . I don't want to start a debate about leaf removal techniques, partially because few cannabis growers have done any legitimate research into the subject so most of the debate would be hearsay, and partially because I have already gone into great detail on the physiology behind leaf removal, what it hopes to achieve, and how to properly do it to encourage the healthiest growth. If you are interested in that information, I know it was talked about a couple of times in my current or most recent thread.

I wish you all the best luck in your first grow! I hope that you continue to post and ask questions as this and future grows progress! Thanks for sharing!

-Meeks

Big Jack

Big Jack

I'm with BirdDog on this one, minimal pruning appears to be possible. Your plants look to be un-topped, in combination with a Nitrogen deficiency and that has created elongated single stem plants that lack the usual under-growth most people would be concerned about pruning. I know you claim that these plants are not having nutrient problems, and it is just your white balance. . . but there are visibly chlorotic leaves at the bottom of your plants and the leaf size and branching also indicates an obvious deficiency of some kind.

And IMHO, the rule of thumb that MexGuy316 proposed is the exact opposite of what will maximize your growth. . . I don't want to start a debate about leaf removal techniques, partially because few cannabis growers have done any legitimate research into the subject so most of the debate would be hearsay, and partially because I have already gone into great detail on the physiology behind leaf removal, what it hopes to achieve, and how to properly do it to encourage the healthiest growth. If you are interested in that information, I know it was talked about a couple of times in my current or most recent thread.

I wish you all the best luck in your first grow! I hope that you continue to post and ask questions as this and future grows progress! Thanks for sharing!

-Meeks

Thanks alot! will take that all into consideration. I will post more photos next week! hopefully the Bloomer i gave them will help with the deficiency.

Top Bottom