Girls lost in drain rescued due to Facebook status update

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
When two girls, aged 10 and 12, were lost in a storm drain in South Australia last night, most people would have expected them to have called the emergency services immediately, seeing as they had their mobile phones with them. However, that was not the case with the two lost girls. Instead of ringing the emergency services, the two girls decided to make a Facebook status update stating that they were lost, which, luckily for them, caught the attention of one of their male friends who called for help.

The two girls were eventually rescued from the storm drain in Hackham, in the south of Adelaide, by the fire service, according to ABC news (via TechRadar). The firemen used a ladder to get the young urban explorers back to safety. Fireman Glenn Benham said "it is a worry for us because it causes a delay on us being able to rescue the girls."

"If they were able to access Facebook from their mobile phones, they could have called 000, so the point being they could have called us directly and we could have got there quicker than relying on someone being online and replying to them and eventually having to call us via 000 anyway."

While the girls were lucky that there was someone online at the time the girls made their Facebook status update, the South Australian Metropolitan Fire Service have expressed concern that the girls decided to update their Facebook page rather than calling 000, the number for the Australian emergency services. Also, some were concerned that the 10 and 12 year old girls were exploring the drains at all, given the risk of drowning in the event of flash floods.

H

hoki2test

wow that is the problem with todays youth they just dont think

:anim_52:Todayz generation really give me da shitz!....i call them the x-box generation...most of them are born with a mobile phone in one hand and a x-box controller in the other and dont know da meaning of a hard dayz work!

E

easypleasie

Good thing they had phones. Bad judgement on use but it worked out eventually. I remember the hell we raised as kids. A phone would have been damn handy! The kids were probably afraid to get in trouble with their parents. Still not bright but lesson learned and maybe other kids will learn from this...or not. kids will be kids

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

Wow guess we should start teaching the young ones about 911 again.

WOW:speechless

R

RIcaregiver

Call 911, Call 911 !!

Ok, Ok, What's the number for 911 ??

R

redog

So it is a worldwide epidemic?
I thought it was just American girls that suffer from this affliction.

L

Lost

No kidding.. You mean its not just the American youth these days that seem like a bunch of mindless fucktards?

Z

zoeronerer

i used to crawl around in drains. abandoned buildings etc etc ....i still do . the facebook part of it is funny as hell.....but wen i was little any hole i could fit in i would explore....i think the movies/ goonies helped...the kids wer probably fine.

..type in urban exploration into google ...look wer they got the idea?...most of these people are wankers....my friends in ny have whole subway stations that are abandoned they play in, one has a car in it still.... me i like trains and painting on them...dam cops are putting motion sensors everywer...........cant even be a sewer rat anymore....

B

Bobby Smith

Doing some research on "drain to waste" and this popped up and I had to read it...........holy Christ, what a pair of fucking idiots.

Top Bottom