Giving blood while high...

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

Just a high thought; if I were to give blood while high, would the THC stay in my blood and not metabolize, and then get the recipient high? I understand I'd only be putting like 1/8th of the person's total blood ratio in, but if I got REALLY high, I'm sure someone with no tolerance would feel it (if it worked in the first place).

V

vancerz

rules say that you can not give blood while high... im sure you could but please don't. with that said Im involved with a blood bank and we get so hard up for blood, we have im not joking done a blood drive at a bar and you guessed it we had a lot of drunk people come in to donate..... and some lie to donate so I know for a fact its happened from people both high and drunk.

Most people getting your blood are in critical care or have compromised immune systems and the last thing they need is to get high/drunk. donating blood is SERIOUS shit, its sad so many people take it as a joke and lie on the forum because they think there behavior is no big deal, only to find out they have aids or passed aids tainted blood onto another person because they lied.

Please take donating blood serriously! it could be you or your mother receiving it.

and i know its just a thought! :hi

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

^^^^WORD

Plus another reason I don't do it is cause I'm just a little guy. I faint or get extremely weak every time.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I give blood anytime theres a local drive event - I needed 3 whole units once from an accident where I almost died - then I got more during an 8 hour operation a week later - I do it to give back

never thought about not doing it because I was high - hell man Im always at least a little high

not like I toke 4-5 bonghits and go right over and donate - but shit never thought about it like that

johnursery

johnursery

thanks to everyone who donates blood, ive had multiple transfusions in the past few years and wouldnt be alive if i hadnt had the oppertunity...i used to donate regularly but now i have to save what i have cause i can loose it unexpectedly...thanks again peace

half baked

half baked

i donate all the time and openly ask about me smoking, all blood gets screened before it gets used and the nurses said its no problem that i smoke, they actually told me i had a high platelet count so now i donate them instead of blood, its a totally diff process to just giving blood, takes a while too, but you do get as much tea and bisuits as you want lol, imo if youve got time and the is a blood bank near by do the right thing and give a pint, it doesnt harm you 1 bit, apart from being more high that night lmao

hb

P

paulycali

Theres nothing wrong with having marijuana in your system when donating blood. They said its acceptable as long as your not under the influence at the time of the donation. I think when they say that its just because they dont want no silly stoned person in the room while donating blood. Like as if a drunk person was in the room donating blood. He would be obnoxious to the other patients. I think being high and having marijuana in you system is perfectly fine when donating blood. I personally wouldnt do it high or at least try not to due to a higher risk of feeling light headed or passing out. Remember no one has ever died from marijuana so its perfectly safe to be in the blood for someone elses use. Nothing wrong with that at all. Everyone continue to donate and help those people in need. Better world for sure :)

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
I Know I've Done It

Years ago I was with a friend and we were extremely high and saw these people eating cookies and drinking juice. We went up to them and asked where they got all the cookies and juice and they pointed to a trailer. Upon entering the trailer we were seated in these extremely comfortable dentist type chairs and these pro's had us giving blood about 10 seconds later. I was really high and don't like needles so I couldn't watch any of the goings on. All I know is that after what seemed like a long time the ladies showed us to the back where we were allowed to have as much oj and cookies as we wanted. We were asked to leave after stuffing ourselves, it was a good trade

mal

V

vancerz

I need to state this we reject people for behavior that is deemed a RISK like shooting up even being gay, not that you actually have any issues your self the FEDs deem that your behavior is too much of a RISK to donate.

Donating while high labels you a RISK you can have the drugs in your system all day long but if your actively high and we suspect for ANY reason you are we have the right to toss your blood. with that said we do not test for drugs at all so we take peoples word for it most of the time.

Second we don't want blood from people who think its a good idea to donate while high we dont care what you do at home just dont bring it in to donate, regardless if it causes no harm the feds claims it does,also it shows profound lack of sound judgment.

Even if THC or other drugs are harmless(I believe it) would you give it to a 1 month old or a 1 year old because they need blood to.what if I felt heroin is harmless or no big deal too.

If your willing to lie and say your not high to donate blood because your high we don't want your blood, we have no idea if you could be lying about the rest. 1 mistake/lie could kill someone and it does, I for one as a blood screener or phlebotomist would never take that risk and I dont know anyone that does. in fact if we suspect you are high or drunk at the time of donation we will simply take your blood then toss it when you leave as to not cause a fuss or to you point you out.

and no one knows what your platelet count is unless you have them do a CBC test on you, you specifically need to request it and still only the doctor of the blood clinic would know what it is. if you were accepted to give like platelets only, then yes you sure do by default.

V

vancerz

Years ago I was with a friend and we were extremely high and saw these people eating cookies and drinking juice. We went up to them and asked where they got all the cookies and juice and they pointed to a trailer. Upon entering the trailer we were seated in these extremely comfortable dentist type chairs and these pro's had us giving blood about 10 seconds later. I was really high and don't like needles so I couldn't watch any of the goings on. All I know is that after what seemed like a long time the ladies showed us to the back where we were allowed to have as much oj and cookies as we wanted. We were asked to leave after stuffing ourselves, it was a good trade

mal

usually you can ask for a shirt to, we never say no EVER, and you can even take all the OJ and cookies you can carry away with you.... the thing is your unit of blood is worth 100s to the blood bank,we always are happy to pass out shit.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Sorry I can`t donate anymore because I have A.S. which is an immune problem,Unlike Aids it causes a very raised immune system. Likes to try to kill me! My body is always run down trying to repair the damage that it does to it`s self.I don`t think you can catch it as it is inherited,but I can`t donate non the less.

B

BUDOGHI

I always lay off the weed for a day or two at least before donating. I think its only right. However the person coding in the emergency room probably wouldn't care if I didn't. I feel good knowing my O- has helped a few people along the way. I would like to think it may have saved a life. Please give donating blood the respect it deserves, I've donated for over thirty years and I can honestly say I never did it for cookies.

bloads

bloads

I've never donated, was thinking about it, but was kind of curious about the smoking thing.

Guess I'll go ahead and donate. I'm not going to get high right before, I'll most likely have some in my system though. I'm sure the person receiving my blood will be happy enough to get blood, they won't mind the anti-inflammatory that I've conveniently packaged in there for them.

V

vancerz

o- defiantly saves lives and is used most often as whole blood for critical care people wheres there is no time to RH test the person.

In America blood is so rare at times cali is sending blood as faraway as NY because no one is willing to donate or cant for one reason or another. the only time I remember us having too much blood was after 9/11.

In other countries they have a waiting list theres so many people willing to help out.

Top Bottom