Giving Fungus A Head Start

• Thread starter Savage Henry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

...to quote teaming with microbes.

Last week I made baby's first fungal tea. Ewc mixed w/2tbs/c powdered oatmeal (steel cut oats ground up in a coffe grinder) wet the mix to field capacity and spread out in a 1090 tray, another tray (w/holes) over top and placed it on a heated propagation mat. Two days later I had quite the fungal mass growing. Brewed it up for 48hrs w/some cyto plus and insect frass and kelp then applied @full strength. The ladies loved it.

This week I'm doing the same thing except I add 30g each of the root and foliar packs to the initial ewc/oatmeal/water mix. It's currently on the heat mat, we'll see how it goes, I suppose I'll post a pic when the fungal mass grows.

Anyone else done it this way? What were your experiences with it?

The resulting ewc mud had a much more paste-y consistency than w/o the biowar, due to the talc. Maybe next week I'll put the biowar in with the water I use to soak the ewc and "let the majority of the talc carrier settle".

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I dabbled with it early this past fall but have been using it weekly for a month now.

So far so good, I checked on the tray a little bit ago the fungus is fuzzing up.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have never done it this way! Reading this, it sounds like you're making tempeh. :D

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Should be ready tomorrow, in the interim I'll post last weeks fungi, mind this is just ewc, oatmeal, and dechlorinated water, no biowar.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Alright, putting the tea together, here's the result of this weeks fungal head start:
not as much as I pictured mentally but this is only my second rodeo, also, hard to truly quantify without a good scope. I think when I hit 1.75-2 a light I'll reward myself.

Top Bottom