Giving It Another Shot, Time To Dust Off The Lights N' Shit

• Thread starter Darkstreets
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darkstreets

Darkstreets

Hello everyone, been a long time lurker here and out of the grow game for quite some time now but with nothing but time on my hands right now i figured i'd give it another shot.

First 2 grows were in DWC buckets and a Home made Ebb and Flow setup bout 8 years ago, all under just a 400w HPS. both with not so great results.

So, popped some bagseed in hand towel, germinated them and popped the sprouted ones in shultz seed starter soil 15 days ago. Put them under my 3 tube 4ft T12 Fluoros They popped out of the soil between 12 and 10 days ago and here is what they look like now under my new 1000w MH dimmed down to 600w.
Giving it another shot time to dust off the lights n shit
Giving it another shot time to dust off the lights n shit 2

The smaller 2 are some kush bagseed i had that i sprouted 8 days ago and broke the soil about 4-5 days ago. with the 3rd one still being under the 3tube 4ft T12 floros

The bigger 6 all just got transplanted into 5gal buckets seing their roots were starting to come out the drain holes i had made in the solo cups.

Comments are of course welcome, i havent done this in ages and was by no means any kind of an expert even when i did.

@THCdurk in case you wanna follow this haha

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

thx both of you, forgot to mention they been transplanted into Promix BG medium, last watering they got half the Foxfarm dosage of big bloom with 2ml\gal of CaliMagic just to be on the safe side as i was seing some of the leaf stalks purpling, adjusted ph to ~6.5 (all i have is drops for now my ph meter is in the mail taking forever)

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

Thanks str8 im sure ill have a few questions along the way but i know im in good hands here.

Im definatly popping autos next run tho the threads ive seen on here about them got me mads curious

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

@ShroomKing @str8smokn any benefits to bumping the light to 750w or stick with it dimmed to 600?

Current temps @ 78 RH:48-54

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I found some fabric pots cheaper than your 5 gallon buckets. Those buckets take forever tondry out and it seems like they dont wanna drain no matter how many holes you drill in the bottom. The wetting and drying out of your soil makes your plants thrive. Next time try these cheap cloth pots.
N WALMART large570

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

shit never thought of that, will definatly give it a try next time. i dont soak the entire buckets tho i give small waterings (is that even a word?) every 2-3 days (ish i go with the weight of the bucket) when using them

Last edited:
str8smokn

str8smokn

shit never thought of that, will definatly give it a try next time. i dont soak the entire buckets tho i give small waterings (is that even a word?) every 2-3 days (ish i go with the weight of the bucket) when using them

Your doing it right.
Try watering around the edge of the bucket,make the roots stretch (search) for the water. But still hit the roots too with alittle.
Looking good .
You do have drain holes in those yes?
STR8

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

@str8smokn oh fuxm yeah i got about 30 1/4" holes drilled in the bottom of them and 4 around the edges so it doesnt keep water under the "lip" of the bucket, dont know if you get what i mean.

So would i benefit from bumping the wattage to 750 or just stick to 600 for now?

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

16 days in from having them thrown in soil from sprouted seeds, 2 days from repotting to 5gal
Bumped the lights up to 750w

thinking to start the foxfarm feed schedule "week 1" on their next watering (tomorow most likely) 6 tsp big bloom is what it calls for and adding a lil cal mag in there?

of course the youngens will stay on plain phed water but i doubt they'll even need a watering this week.
20151129 105917   Copy
20151129 105926   Copy
20151129 105937   Copy

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

Ive been feeding at half strenght for the past week they got 2 feeding at half strenght and seem to be starting to lighten up in color around the edges of the old leafs. No burn of any kind just some lightening/ start of yellowing which prompts me to think upping the dose to full could be what they want

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

Transpotted the biggest of the small guys in a 5gal bucket this morning found it root bound and the roots were starting to grow out of the bottom of the solo cup.

The other plants in the 5 gal pots shared 1 gallon of water with 6tsp of big bloom and 1tsp of calimagic all adjusted to between 6 and 6.5 ph

some of the upper leaves are canoeing and im not quite sure whats the matter with the any help would be appreciated. the promix bx i used was fairly dry down to 3" and when i transpotted i never soaked it all the way through seing as it would just take forever to dry out.

my temps are 78-81 and humidity is around 50% with lights on and climbs to 60 with lights off while temps get to 68

20151130 165014   Copy
20151130 165022   Copy
20151130 165030   Copy
20151130 165035   Copy
20151130 165046   Copy
20151130 165052   Copy
20151130 165114   Copy

The one with the 2 solo cups in it looks pale cuz i took the pic directly under the light

Top Bottom