Glass idea: large flat evaporating tray

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Ok, so not bong or pipe glass, but still glass...am hoping maybe the Studio Termini crew or maybe AquaLab might be interested in this idea.

A large glass evaporating tray - think of a traditional oven/cookie tray, only made of glass. Similar dimensions with a shallow lip.

I can't find anything like it in the world, and I know for a fact there's a LOAD of us who would buy one....(for evaporating extracts....butane, iso, hex etc).

The problem is finding a nice big flat glass tray to do this....you want a BIG surface area and shallow, and perfectly flat (ideally with squared edges) to be able to easily scrape out the oil.

If they're not huge (e.g. cookie tray sized) they'll not be so heavy, and they should be pretty strong/robust.

Good idea? How much for one?? :)

FF

B

boxmunch9

i think its a great idea, but until someone locks that down you can literally scrape every drop of oil out of a 9x9 glass baking dish by evaporating it out, slightly warming the dish the use a series of razorsblades that you have in the freezer, when you scrap it the chill hardends the oil enough to be a big glob, after i scrape it i quickly set the razor on a plate in the freezer, the oil remains hard then I pop the oil off into a shot glass. but your right the process could be a lot easier

K

KingCrimson

Great Idea!
id rip one of these for sure, I hate having the corners of my pyrex dishes oily after scraping forever. I usually either heat the dish and rub the semi liquid oil off with a bud, or just leave it to be added to the next batch which will have its own left etc. lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom