glass or titanium nail?

• Thread starter smartcalyx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smartcalyx

smartcalyx

ive been using glass nails for a few weeks since i bought an oil rig. the nails are only 4 bucks, but within a few days they look super fucked up or break. and im pretty cautious about torching it too long. any advice? or should i just say fuck it and make the switch to titanium?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I use Ti and love it. I got one with a smaller head, heats way faster and does the exact same job. The lip on ti nails is also really nice.

outwest

Ganjafarmer562

Ganjafarmer562

titanium is for sure the way to go. They last very long and you can buy all different sizes of skillet or head sizes as mentioned by outwest. You wont regret.

B

Bho4king20

Ti is where it's at if you want an even heat distribution, and want it to stay hot longer, aswell as keeping the flavour IMO.

squiggly

squiggly

As has been stated already--titanium is the best for even heat distribution which is important in preserving taste. Go Ti and don't look back.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

man you can get a titanium oil rig setup complete on ebay for 35 bucks! the nails are usually 50-60 in shops.

it works great too, its the one i always use.

i used glass just cause they gave me a glass nail with my whole setup, it works when you dont have your TI one, thats about it.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I used a glass nail till bout a couple weeks ago. Got a adjustable HE Ti nail and will never go back. I have always loved my skillet and curve but now I'm using the dome till the cows come home.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

EDIT: and the nail they gave me (unlike the one pictured) was weighted AND adjustable.

cant beat that deal.

B

Bho4king20

Yes the highly educated nails are very very nice IMO. I have the v3 which can be used on a 14 mm rig or 18mm rig, it is fully adjustable and comes with a counter weight, aswell the head is nice and deep with breaks in the outer wall for PERFECT heat distribution IMO. Paid 40$ for my nail offline, dont regret anythin, works for all my rigs ;)

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

^^ see, dont mean to keep going about it, but man i was looking for nails for a couple months cause i refused to pay as much as they were saying. 40 is a killer deal on the nail. but that ebay deal is the Nail, the dome, and a 14mm to 18mm adjuster (or 18 to 18 f to m). thats a STEAL.

and they throw in an extra glass nail, and a sweet ass lil glass dabber

Latest posts

Top Bottom