Glue gelato+Kush 1st soil grow Help!

• Thread starter Zombierider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zombierider

Zombierider

Hello y’all. I’m setting up a tent for a couple auto flowers (Barney’s Glue Gelato and Blackberry kush autos) and wanna try out soil as this will be my second grow (I usually grow in 100% coco) and wanna see if there is any difference in flavor from coco to soil. I have 0 experience with soil so need some pointers. This is the blend of soil and nutes I wanna try:

50% coir

50% Roots Organics potting soil

Roots organics Uprising Bloom, Grow, Foundation

Roots organics Terp Tea Grow/Bloom

Epsom salt and/or CaliMagic

Any and all advice welcome!! Still love coco and high frequency fertigation, but why the hell not try soil right? We only live once…allegedly.
F547EA46-BA56-4942-8911-E6A0B028F09A.png
B2AAB685-5974-46C3-8F2F-B4AD513AE768.png

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Hello y’all. I’m setting up a tent for a couple auto flowers (Barney’s Glue Gelato and Blackberry kush autos) and wanna try out soil as this will be my second grow (I usually grow in 100% coco) and wanna see if there is any difference in flavor from coco to soil. I have 0 experience with soil so need some pointers. This is the blend of soil and nutes I wanna try:

50% coir

50% Roots Organics potting soil

Roots organics Uprising Bloom, Grow, Foundation

Roots organics Terp Tea Grow/Bloom

Epsom salt and/or CaliMagic

Any and all advice welcome!! Still love coco and high frequency fertigation, but why the hell not try soil right? We only live once…allegedly.
View attachment 1219070View attachment 1219073
Biggest difference is soil needs a good wet dry cycle in between watering and feeds. You will also notice slower growth rates.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Biggest difference is soil needs a good wet dry cycle in between watering and feeds. You will also notice slower growth rates.
Thanks for the response SofaKingHigh (I’m also sofakinghigh). The autos will be in the same tent with some veggies in soil, so I figured I gotta stick to one medium per tent right? Something about bugs n stuff infesting the coco from the soil? I was also contemplating just adding a sand mulch layer to prevent fungus gnats and stick to coco for the autos. Decisions decisions….man being a noob is hard/fun.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Thanks for the response SofaKingHigh (I’m also sofakinghigh). The autos will be in the same tent with some veggies in soil, so I figured I gotta stick to one medium per tent right? Something about bugs n stuff infesting the coco from the soil? I was also contemplating just adding a sand mulch layer to prevent fungus gnats and stick to coco for the autos. Decisions decisions….man being a noob is hard/fun.
I love growing in coco so I’m biased lol, you may want to try a different brand coco. I have read about some coco that comes with a lot of fungus gnats in it. The sand is also not a bad idea and definitely will help with gnats. You can also look into the amazing dr zymes, I have used it with success and you can usually get a free sample from them.

LivingBlackSoil

LivingBlackSoil

I like to keep my soil moist, too dry and all that life I've cultivated suffers. The idea is to provide All the plant needs and allow her to choose, so no feeds.

The difference between coco and soil is me feeding or her deciding. I trust her! I can't begin to understand when/why she wants but I can provide the what. No ph, no ec, ppm, tds meters needed. Easy peazy grapefruit squeezey

Good luck

Top Bottom