Gluing Panda Film to Walls?

• Thread starter FatMarty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FatMarty

Is it possible to glue Panda Film to regular drywall without causing some sort of catastrphe?

I was thinking if I could roll something on the walls and just tack it up 'til it dries that might be a clean solution.

Any ideas or experience here would be helpful.

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

It's a pain in the ass to get all the air bubbles out... Best off using a staple gun.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
The simplest way to hang it is to staple the top Straight and let gravity do the rest. Secure the bottom and sides and your rock and roll, glue would be a tad over kill.

M

moneyorlove

i build a small frame outta wood then staple the panda film then to secure it again i screw a small piece of wood on top of the panda film kinda like a sandwich

wood/panda/wood

S

serpent

i use 3m super 77 spray to glue my panda film.use it heavy on the edges and corners.i just hope 3m remover cleans it up ok.also use a power staple gun to re-enforce it.put strips of duct tape first so the panda film will have more support and will not rip when i staple it.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I'm repairing/redoing panda in my rooms ATM and was thinking of going the wood frame route for the entryways- lag bolts coming from wood frame on the wall and wing nuts to secure.

In the past, I've secured panda by stapling and taping (or stapling over tape) but have run into problems at the floor level w/ my set-up. (cement slab) Moisture eventually loosens and curls up a tape barrier and staples alone leave air paths which allows mildew/mold to work up behind the panda.

I bought a roll of 4" wide plastic coving that I'm going to wrap the bottom of the walls w/ and seal the joint between wall and floor w/ an industrial strength, waterproof adhesive. I'm going to do one room over the weekend and see how it flies.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I cut the panda extra long.
Roll some 1X2 on the 2 sides then hold up to wall and pull taught.
Put some dry wall screws through the 1X2 good and permanent.
Staples pull out during cleaning.
Glues don't hold up for long. And smell.(bad for plants)
Just my.02

E

Emithsuk

Personally get better reflectivity with flat white paint and think it's easier too panda is a great place for mold and bugs to hide behind.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I cut the panda extra long.
Roll some 1X2 on the 2 sides then hold up to wall and pull taught.
Put some dry wall screws through the 1X2 good and permanent.
Staples pull out during cleaning.
Glues don't hold up for long. And smell.(bad for plants)
Just my.02
Great idea and I conveniently happen to have about 8 or 9 8-foot 1X2's ready 2 go. dry wall screws w/ rubber and metal washers.

Personally get better reflectivity with flat white paint and think it's easier too panda is a great place for mold and bugs to hide behind.
That wouldn't work in my situation because I'm controlling my climate w/ negative air flow and need my rooms rapped tight. Additionally, I have a small work area w/ bench next to the wall in my main flwr rm that holds my electric (cables, ballasts, switcher/strips.) I use panda to partition it off, keep direct light off the ballasts and bring reflective light closer into the plants. The reflective bounce off of flat paint vs panda is virtually negligible.

If you really want to kick ass and have the money, go w/ Orca wrap.

sticky icky

sticky icky

All u need is some hvac silver tape works wonders,when ur takin it off you might get a tiny bit off pealage but nothin a little mud can't handle!

F

FatMarty

All u need is some hvac silver tape works wonders,when ur takin it off you might get a tiny bit off pealage but nothin a little mud can't handle!

Thanks everyone for the tips - I ended up doing what sticky icky said and then put some wood slats screwed into the walls at the top to extra secure it.

I have a ton of airflow so I am hopeful leaving the bottoms loose won't cause problems. Glad to know I should be checking behind the film though.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
i'm glad you didn't use the super 77. i've never been able to get that stuff off of anything.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Wood slats to make partitions and staple that shit up there. I love panda wrap, its panda approved.

Chobble

Chobble

Staple gun or nailing some scribe up to the wall with the panda in between it and the sheet rock works pretty well. You'll have air pockets no matter what and they expand when it gets warmer. Boy do I hate panda... but I still use the shit.

Chobble

Top Bottom