Glycerol and Anaerobic curing - thoughts

• Thread starter Zill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zill

Forum,

I am preparing to harvest my first outdoor grown sativa plant. I live in the north east. I’ve read quite a bit regarding the curing process.

This is my approach. I’d appreciate any commentary.

Instead of mason jars I’m going to use a Pyrex Desiccator.

Under the perforated ceramic plate is a 8oz mason jar filled with a glycerol/ water ratio to provide exactly the RH desired, ~62%. Anaerobic curing - I also added iron metallic powder to a small tray. The idea is that the iron powder will “rust” with the O2 inside the Desiccator. And essentially create an anaerobic environment.

Question:

During curing is oxygen ever required? Perhaps, at first to mellow and alter ratios creating disable flavors or aromas. But after that, is it better to stop the oxidation and go anaerobic for long term storage?

Thanks ver much,
Zill.

Question

Z

Zill

Forum,

I am preparing to harvest my first outdoor grown sativa plant. I live in the north east. I’ve read quite a bit regarding the curing process.

This is my approach. I’d appreciate any commentary.

Instead of mason jars I’m going to use a Pyrex Desiccator.

Under the perforated ceramic plate is a 8oz mason jar filled with a glycerol/ water ratio to provide exactly the RH desired, ~62%. Anaerobic curing - I also added iron metallic powder to a small tray. The idea is that the iron powder will “rust” with the O2 inside the Desiccator. And essentially create an anaerobic environment.

Question:

During curing is oxygen ever required? Perhaps, at first to mellow and alter ratios creating disable flavors or aromas. But after that, is it better to stop the oxidation and go anaerobic for long term storage?

Thanks ver much,
Zill.

View attachment 1287854
Question
One note. I bought two of these Desiccators off e bay. Once filled I’ll switch to jars. Couldn’t resist the chance to own one of these.

Top Bottom