Gnats are back thinking about transplant.

• Thread starter 11Ron11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
11Ron11

11Ron11

The gnats are back.
I'm going to go back to using peroxide mix but I'm considering transplanting them into new soil but don't want to stress the plants if not necessary.
They are autoflowering so the clock is ticking..
Do you guys think the gnats will eat my roots..
Would you transplant or leave be..

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I tried a few products like beneficial nematodes (didnt seems to do anything), sticky traps, diy gnat spray (kills quickly but not a solution), and a couple organic foliar sprays (only temporary relief). Nothing worked for long until I read a post about using a layer of sand on top of the soil. I put it on all of my pots and immediately had results. I think mine came from store bought soil but it being soil, I suppose this can happen from time to time. Rather than changing the soil, which wont stop them, try sand.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i have had really good luck with pot poppers nematodes

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

In veg
Bti, Neem cake and DE for the media.

Pyrethrum, Neem oil, azadiractin, bti and saponins as wetting agent for leaves.

yellow stickies in the grow space.

in flower
Dont spray anything on the plants.

Good luck.

Last edited:
MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I tried a few products like beneficial nematodes (didnt seems to do anything), sticky traps, diy gnat spray (kills quickly but not a solution), and a couple organic foliar sprays (only temporary relief). Nothing worked for long until I read a post about using a layer of sand on top of the soil. I put it on all of my pots and immediately had results. I think mine came from store bought soil but it being soil, I suppose this can happen from time to time. Rather than changing the soil, which wont stop them, try sand.
I’ve read on this forum about using perlite similar to Happy using sand with positive results. I’ve used predatory nematodes with success. It takes about 7-10 days for them to begin having an impact but they do work. Also read mosquito bites work but I’ve never used it.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Just look up BTI pond scum and find the one in the brown bottle. it is bacteria and it will kill them
I suggested Botanigard WP. Another botanical harmless to humans or animals. Little to no interest. Make a bucket, soak the medium with it by whatever means and they die. Doesn’t affect beneficial microbes. Works quickly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom