gnats ?/gnat beetels?/drainagr

• Thread starter phillip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

phillip

hey fellow farmers,i have ner had thai problem in my fir tweeks of grow /4-5week veg time i saw a couple gnats,like said like 6 gnats killed them with sticky srips and they went away plant is healthy they are about 21-24inchs tall and nice color ..they are in there 1week vegg going on 2nd and saw a couple today.....i watered my plants last night and gave nutes ,botanicare line pure blend pro gro and pr bloom soail liquied karma calmag plus sweet grape,and hydroplex for fat buds.........woke up this morring at 9akm when my lights came on and saw a few gnats and then sprayed neem oi on soil ,and abot 5mins later i saw a bettele type thing had to come from my soil cause i saw i leaef that looked eaten on killed it said it wa s a fungis gnat beetle /adult gnat.......and my drainage is bad now in 5 gal pots and latly no drainage useing foxfarm ocean soil.....any help,info on what to do , and if so has u seen any thing like this ,and how to kill the larve in soil gnatrol?...........also should i flush my plants noy sure cause just watered them or buy clearex by botanicare a flushing agent ...help so nice looking dont want them to die....thanks phillip g..ps. sorry for long thread...

A

amstercal

How big was the "beetle"? If it was small like a flea and brownish-reddish, then you have root aphids. Root aphids have several stages and when they want more roots to attack, they take flight as little black fliers that look like fungus gnats. LilMissLone started a thread on them that should help you. Do you still have some dead flying things you can look at? Fungus gnats kinda look like mosquitos with long legs and wings about the length of their body. Root aphid fliers have wings bigger than their bodies and short legs.

You got any pics of the plants? If it's root aphids, read LilMissLone's thread and get some Spectracide. If it's fungus gnats, try mosquito dunks in your water. You should be able to get either at Home Depot. Lots of threads on both of these subjects. If your plants still look healthy, I'm inclined to think it's fungus gnats though since by the time the root aphid fliers appear, the plant is usually badly infested.

phenotyper

phenotyper

amstercal offers solid advice.

Are your plants showing any type of damage or deficiencies? Or do you see necrosis, mottles, yellowing, or curling leaf tips (brown in color)?

Have any pictures of the plants?

Top Bottom