gnats in flowering?

• Thread starter Beasters X Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beasters X Haze

Wondering if anyone has any good products to smash out Gnats in flowering? i've got a few things that work good in veg but looking to find something that works good in 12/12.. thanks

hiboy

hiboy

Its not too healthy to treat much in flower,
i would recommend getting sticky traps and placing them right around the stalk above the medium on every plant, when they fly in they will get nabbed, and any babies taking off normally wind up there also. This is a great treatment without chemicals
h

B

Beasters X Haze

Thanks Hiboy, I already have those yellow sticky traps on every pot, just wondering if there is any more that can be done..

E

Empire

liquid pyrethrum. do a soil drench.

old school trick is mosquito dunks too in the rez..

both are safe for flower.. just dont do it at 6 weeks in or nothin.. feel me?

O

oldschooltofu

100% BTI a fungs or bacteria that kills them on contact (same thing as mosquito dunks, but the dunks are only 10%....hear they work better in hydro and granular bti for soil/coco)

mighty wash is probably your best bet, as it works for mites and aphids a full 100% drench or dunk.

nemetodes

also check to make sure they are gnats and not aphids first. as aphids look exactly the same in flyer stage. aphids stay under the lights near the plants. gnats fly to the top of the room (usually from what i have observed)

either way both bugs will ruin your crop by destroying your root system. and your plants will struggle to finish. also foliar feed

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

A layer of playground sand on top of the soil or coco.. The gnats can't get in or out of the soil so they will die.. The sticky traps will kill the flyers..

B

Beasters X Haze

thanks guys, Im very knowledgable in the gnats/ aphids area, and these are for sure just gnats, and its week 5 flower.. thanks

O

oldschooltofu

too late for sand or DE
i would mighty wash the roots, add some bti, hygrozime or other root enhancer and hope they finish....

S

sfzoo

sns203, worked really well for me. and i had a TON.

a couple applications and they were gone.
natural, organic, and can be used up to harvest.

btw, LOVE your work..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

too late for sand or DE
i would mighty wash the roots, add some bti, hygrozime or other root enhancer and hope they finish....

But sand would stop the new gnats from hatching & flying out the dirt & sticking 2 the buds I would think.. But ur prolly rite it's nit gunna kill them in time..

K

kes5480

I would suggest SNS203. This is the only stuff i will use during FLOWER
sns203.jpg

u gotta treat the plants 3-4times. i did 3 applications and killed em all last year.
good luck
kes5480

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
hot shots no pest strips will help you keep them at bay while you are flowering. if they have built up bad the damage is porbably already done, you will notice very weak stems they can be moved in the pots(shaken back and forth)if you past the stretch therer really isnt no fixing this.

T

tacotacoburrito

100% BTI a fungs or bacteria that kills them on contact (same thing as mosquito dunks, but the dunks are only 10%....hear they work better in hydro and granular bti for soil/coco)

mighty wash is probably your best bet, as it works for mites and aphids a full 100% drench or dunk.

nemetodes

also check to make sure they are gnats and not aphids first. as aphids look exactly the same in flyer stage. aphids stay under the lights near the plants. gnats fly to the top of the room (usually from what i have observed)

either way both bugs will ruin your crop by destroying your root system. and your plants will struggle to finish. also foliar feed

I second BTI and Nematodes. I am a newb still and it took me too long to identify my bug problem. It was late in flower so I was looking to avoid chemicals. Nematodes are prices but badass.

Top Bottom