Goal is 1 pound per plant in greenhouse

• Thread starter blackcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blackcat

hi all

i have some purple kush plants that have been vegging for 1 month. they are rootbound in 2.5 gallon containers and i will be transplanting to 5 gallons before they go out into my greenhouse to veg for longer. I will choose when to flower by light depping them.

I plan to keep transplanting in increments to my final flowering pot size to build a really dense root mass.

my question is this: what size pot do i need to finally transplant them in to reach a 1 lb per plant goal? how long of veg time is generally required to grow a plant large enough to produce 1 lb per?

i plan to use smartpots. is 30 gallons per plant big enough? I was hoping 2 months veg would be enough to build a 1 pound plant. Do you think I will need to veg longer?

J

justwannablaze

It will take more then a big pot to reach a pound a plant.. depends on the strain and everything.. :evilgrin0040:

J

justwannablaze

Why so many views but I'm the only comment? Discrimination at it's best! haha

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

smart pots for sure, i use root pots, now with the 3gallons, a can get 3-4oz a plant and on 5gallons 4-5oz. the 30 gallons could be overkill but i am not sure. i also can feed my girls 2-3 times a week.

it really tough to say how long veg will take with no room stats, and its all strain dependent, but 2 months seems a bit long, those girls will stretch like crazy in a greenhouse, hope its huge.

"I plan to keep transplanting in increments to my final flowering pot size to build a really dense root mass."
when using an air root pruning pot lets you skip this step, to a degree. "primeform" posted this on air pruning, it about sums up the hole thing

B

blackcat

they are going into 10 gallon containers soon from 2.5 where they will veg for another 3-4 weeks for a total of 7-8 and then flower in 30 gallons. hopefully i can get at least a p per

H

HolyMunchies

Firstly there are probably 100's of varying factors to consider but in my experience so far when growing outdoors in pots in a greenhouse is the following:

I usually start my seeds right about now they veg for 2 months and then go out in my greenhouse I finish in 7.5gallon pots sometimes soil sometimes soiless mix. Most plants are chopped end of Sept. and do 1lb avg.

So 1lb can be achieved in a 7.5 gallon pot more is better imo 15 gallon would be better. Keep in mind this is normal black plastic pots as well.

These plants are also babied with full ferts and trained for larger yeild there entire life.

J

justwannablaze

Firstly there are probably 100's of varying factors to consider but in my experience so far when growing outdoors in pots in a greenhouse is the following:

I usually start my seeds right about now they veg for 2 months and then go out in my greenhouse I finish in 7.5gallon pots sometimes soil sometimes soiless mix. Most plants are chopped end of Sept. and do 1lb avg.

So 1lb can be achieved in a 7.5 gallon pot more is better imo 15 gallon would be better. Keep in mind this is normal black plastic pots as well.

These plants are also babied with full ferts and trained for larger yeild there entire life.

Sounds pretty sweet to me.. what strains you grow? Fertilizers and nutrients? thanks :)

B

blackcat

so are you saying you have a 2 month veg? im just trying to get an idea of how long veg needed for average yeild. of course every strain is different but a loose idea would help.

D

diesel707

Idk about with purple kush but i can do it with my purple trainwreck which is a real slow grower but with huge buds, so i think that you shouldn't have a problem as long as thier taken care of properly

H

HolyMunchies

april- started/veg
may- veg
june- veg
july- veg
aug- flower
sept- flower/chop
oct- 1st week chop

it looks something like that. plants usually get topped 3 times in there and are hit with the entire Fox Farms lineup plus subculture-b and great white.

Latest posts

Top Bottom