• Start date
  • Tagged users None
cheerios13

cheerios13

I'm on day 20 of this grow, here's the setup:

Sun Hut XL (dimentions are 54"x54"x84")
1000w MH dimmed to 600 for veg
6" exhaust
4x4 Flood Tray set up for drain to waste, using a pump and wand to water to about 20% runoff.
16 Plants is 3 gallon pots
Medium is CocoGro with 30% perlite

Veg Nutrients: PH'd between 5.8-6.2

CNS 17 Grow coco and soil formula (thinking of switching to the organic pure blend)
Silica Blast
Liquid Karma
Roots Excelurator

I clone these myself and start feeding with 8ml base nute, 3ml LK, 3ml silica, 1ml roots excelurator/gallon.
Week 2 I use 10ml base, 3ml LK, 3ml silica, 1ml roots excel/gallon.
Week 3 and throughout the rest of veg I use 12ml base, 5ml LK, 5ml Silica, 1ml roots excel/gallon.
Once roots are developed I water every other day.

Here I have 3 Gods Gifts, 5 Jewish Dream, and 8 Blue Moonshine x Purple Erkle. I will post some better quality pics soon, these are just from my phone.
First pic is day 1 veg, second day 13 veg, and third was today day 20 veg. I plant to veg for another week or so and then flip them.

Day 1 veg
Day 13 veg
Day 20 veg
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Hell yeah perlite top dressing areates that water intensely i bet and more than likely shreds up critters too like diatamaceaous earth.....and blocks light from hitting toproots and much lighter than clay pebbles and you get more.....damn cheerios you got me anxious for the show dont mind if i take a seat?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

do you ever grow roots that hug that top layer of perlite?

cheerios13

cheerios13

This is another grow,

8x6 room

3x6 flood tray, drain to waste, 20% runoff every 3 days until roots are established then every other day.

1 400w MH and 1 600w HPS ( I should be using 2 MH, thats on the hydro store list) the 600 watt is dimmable which helps on the hot days here in SoCal. When I switch to flowering the lights will be off all day so that will help, but now the lights are off 12pm-6pm and it's hot by 8 or 9 already.

Same nutrients but I'll list them again

Veg Nutes:

CNS 17 Grow coco and soil formula (thinking of switching to the organic pure blend)
Silica Blast
Liquid Karma
Roots Excelurator

18 plants in 3 gallon pots.

this pic is of day 15 veg, I usually veg 3-4 weeks, they usually take off pretty quickly after week 2.

Strains are a few crosses I made, all I've flowered before and are amazing:

Susie Q Og (Snow White Og x Jilly Bean)
Caramel Bean (Carmelicious x Jilly Bean)
Cookie Kush (Girls Scout Cookies x Jilly Bean)

Platinum Blue Dream (Blue Dream x Platinum Kush, 9 week flower) not my cross but I've been cloning it for nearly 3 years and is one of my favorites. That's what the bud in my avatar is, had a little bit of purple in it this time. Little stretch for a blue dream cross especially when veg'd under a MH Love it.

Pineapple Cheese ( Pineapple Express x LA Cheese) Not my cross either, very dense, stinky 8 week Kush, but medium yield so this is the last I'll be growing of it, let me know if you want a cut of it.

Cataract Kush- I don't know what cross it is but it smells like a strong Og but only takes 9 weeks, has medium stretch and good yield the first time I grew it.

Again I'll get some better pics and more of them soon,

Grow 2 Veg Day 15
cheerios13

cheerios13

do you ever grow roots that hug that top layer of perlite?
Since I only water every other day, the perlite dries out to quickly for roots to grow into them on the top layer. Thats pretty much the point those because I get gnats that are attracted to the moist coco so I cover it with perlite. If I waters every day or multiple times a day I'm sure roots would grow up higher.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Your plants are looking nice and the genetics sound great. Good luck.

cheerios13

cheerios13

Here's a short update of grow 1, Day 24 Veg

these girls are almost ready to flip
I bumped the ballast to full 1000 watts

Day 24 Veg

Top Bottom