Going after caregivers now,,

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Want to drop a clue, Jerome? I am down to support those efforts.
Teri Robnett aka RxMaryJane (facebook) is the best patient advocate. She just started a group called Cannabis Patients Alliance. She refuses to lobby this year because she doesn't want to have to say anything except what she sees as the truth (lobbyists can only say what the person them saying wants said). She really kicked some butt last year and was on top of everything going down in the Capital. Because of that, if anything bad come out she would be one of the first to know about it, and one of the most capable of defeating the idea.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

And the idea is back again.
http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana/ci_25416979/marijuana-caregiver-crackdown-explored-colorado

You all have serious issues here:
1: Not doing anything or speaking out will cause you to get the short end of the stick.
2: The joker who is your "lobbyist" (I know he is not but he is claiming he is) Jason Warf is a terrible sophomore lobbyist and is the reason why the DUID passed last year after it was defeated. Stickman decided to go dance infront of Rep. Mark Waller saying "we defeated you" or something like that... and Mark was like "See you tomorrow with a new DUID bill, punk." and that DUID bill passed in record time.
3: The Dispensaries want you guys gone. I've been in the industry since 2010 and know a lot dispensary owner and have heard them out right say this.
4: None of the effective patient and caregiver advocates are lobbying this year - so you all basically have no representation except the aforementioned joker.

Last edited:
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Seriously. If a CG law gets passed you all are going to be in peril....

Don't take this lying down... fight it...

Fighting this will take time, money, or people...

I can only provide "people" to your cause at this time....

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Seriously. If a CG law gets passed you all are going to be in peril....
I wonder how many people would move 'back home' or for the locals 'not be worth it to grow, not worth my job'...
I would think there are a few that would benefit nicely (not just Disps) from a 'caregiver crackdown'...
Especially among this crowd.

Oh and then because it would be 'illegal' again and not just faking medical symptoms by healthy young people... I would no longer have to listen to the old folks complain on this site about people gaming their system... :)
We would all get to bitch about it being illegal, and praise about it, instead.
Together.
Unified.

Good luck JG.
For all those people in my first paragraph, you need to act.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Go to the meeting tomorrow. It is your chance to show your support against such restrictions... even if you don't speak you presence will be helpful. I personally won't be there as I can't even afford the gas to get down there - thanks to an asswipe dispensary owner stiffing me for months worth of work...

NEW: Town Hall Meeting on March 28, 2014
We are hosting aTown Hall Meeting on March 28 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the State Capitol Building in the Old Supreme Court Chambers. The purpose of the meeting is to introduce proposed legislation to address Office of the State Auditor’s recommendations regarding contractors and caregiver limits, introduce a new department policy on the review of medical necessity, and provide the opportunity for public comment to the proposed legislation as well as the department's new policy on medical necessity review.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

"Colorado has about 3,300 medical marijuana caregivers, Wolk said, and 24 of them are registered to more than five patients. One caregiver serves 82 patients."
I hate what journalism has become.
I can see it now in the cubicle. "You gotta get the big number out of the way. Then distract with the relatively low percentage number....Then, come in for the money shot! The statistical outlier."
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...own-medical-marijuana-patients-and-caregivers

Now that they see all that money, they're just clamoring like crack heads to a rock.
"We got to get rid of this medical thing for people who just use it to 'relax'...Hell that's recreational, we should be getting 30% at 1990's prices for their 'relaxation' "
They're hooked (the politicians) on the junk (tax money) now. Recreational MJ isn't going anywhere.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

As for the politicians being hooked on the money - not true. Sure some are, but not most. Most are now accepting rec mj only because their voters did. For instance - in one town where I changed the 'game' the politicians had imposed an open-ended moratorium on rec mj. They then changed their stance when we submitted petitions to alter their moratorium and establish A64 business regulation - and they were shown the 65% of the voters voted for A64. That town now has operating A64 dispensaries... And the reason they publicly gave for this was it was the will of the voters as demonstrated by their votes on A64.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Thats whats going on in Oregon of course no tax ..But caregivers loop hole there is no limit to how many patients they can have ..big grow ops under their cards...

Top Bottom