going again!!

• Thread starter static12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

static12

hi peeps, this is the plan, HPS is a no-no so going to run 2x250w CFL's (both blue/veg red/flower) in a 1.2mx12mx2m gro tent, looking at approx 10 plants, iconic neuts start to finish all in soil. got fans an filters sorted also. is this a no-hoper or worth a try, dont wanna bite off more than i can chew - it's only my second go!! an its bin a while since the last (which you guy;s helped loads!!)

thoughts/ideas/pointers - more than welcome guys!!

F

FileError404

Why is HPS a no-no? Heat? CFLs are awfully weak, i would look into a decent LCD light, high initial cost but way more powewrful and efficient than cfls. Check bossman's comparison test and check out for tons of side by side tests and general LED info.

Best of luck!

P

paulycali

Air colled tubes 600 watt HPS. You can put your face on it! It doesnt get hot. Try those out instead of the 2 250 watt cfl's. Unless you using those without any fans " intake, exhausts". Then i would say yes, but go check out those air colled tube. There pretty dam sick

S

static12

thanks peep's for the response's, thanks for the heads-up FileError!! just read start to finish bossman's experiments, OMFG, there's sum quite astounding shit goin on there, LED's MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!
Hey Pauly, YOU CAN PUT YOUR FACE ON IT !! (quality man lol!!) will defo look into the Air cooled HPS, main reason for a no-no hps is because the missus is major and i mean MAJOR paranoid bout heat/fire, the tent's is in a confined space and i'v already got the cfl bulbs left over from previous gro's/friends. It took me an eternity to get her to let me gro and that was only cos the things she was paranoid about were all sorted with cfl. i have got 2 RVK inline fans 4" that i could rig up so i could possibly go down the aircooled road - it would just mean pulling the wool over her eye's!!

F

farmerjohn

Throw a 1000W non-cooled :sun2:super nova in the tent & watch the old lady F R E A K !

Seriously, I use 'em all the time, there is no substitute, IMO, but basically for use in wide open situations. I can imagine the sleepless nights with something like that going full bore inside a tent!:sleepy

S

static12

lmao!!! i'd love to john jus to watch her dance on the ceiling!!!! but i get enough sleepless nights from the 4 kid's!!!!!
no wonder the effin tent's growin in size eh!! lol

J

JAHGYDI

my wife said hell no to. i did it anyway. she saw how much money i saved and made. now she dosent care a bit.

F

farmerjohn

The initial resistance is because they won't tolerate our being near other women! Once they realize we are only hanging with these females so we can buy our significant others nice things, they relent. Plus, since it's just like our regular relationship, they know we ain't gettin' any!:D That seals the deal for them right there.

S

static12

lol, whas the score with runnin costs, gotta keep em low as poss and was under the impression cfl would be the cheaper option, aint got megga till (like i say 4 kid's!!) to throw at led's either. i no the better option would be hps but not sure i can see it happenin, especially when iv got the cfls. i no i aint gonna be choppin dwn a rain forest cum harvest time but just wanna establish wether its gonna get me a 'reasonable' amount of decent quality bud. an to make sure the plants have adequate light per plant, that way i no if they do go south and die i no it aint because i goofed on the lights!!

C

CanadianClassic

Just tell her the HPS is a new form of Flouro lol,If your buying brand new gear and you are smart about it not letting plants get to close the lights regular water,no water by ballasts or any other electricity fire really shouldn't be a concern,You could get the job done ez with the Flouros but you will have a small yield compared to the HPS,a guy i know on youtube.com only grows using Flouros in flower too check out his vids it ill answer all your questions Kbgrowkid420.

Good luck with the ladies!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom