going from 600 hps to 1000 hps. experienced response plz

• Thread starter Noworries
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Noworries

If you made that upgrade are you focusing on filling a bigger footprint, or are the 1ks capable of pulling good weight out of a 3x3?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

If you're upgrading to 1k over a 3x3 youre going to waste allot of light. Increase the size of your canopy.

reeldrag

reeldrag

you have a bunch of choices but a 1000 can handle a 6 by 6 with no problems and still hit 1 gram per watt with out putting to much thought into it. But like has been stated above it depends on what your goals are smaller plants shorter turn around time or a couple of monsters but at the end of the day you are gonna get about the same weight but one method allows for faster turn around while the other allows you to keep plant counts down.

datDANK

datDANK

1k = 4k btus. try and get 2lbs per light is the standard. try and get AAA quality and start with Alien genetics

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
4x4 space with a canopy 2 ft deep...magicsauce

Yes. Definitely a sweet spot with plant height, canopy penetration, and distance from the light. On my last run I nailed all three for the strain I was running, but could have increased plant density by about 30%. I'm now running a different strain, increased density by 30%, but I should have let them veg about 30% more. I've got another batch of cuts vegging now so I won't make that mistake twice. Organic SOG is the life for me.

Sorry that was a little off topic. I currently have 2 600w and 1 LEP in a 4x6, and want to bump the 2 600s to 1000s. That's a lot of light for that space, but again if I get the density, height, canpopy, and distance dialed. . . the magic sauce happens.

outwest

E

eircsmith

If you made that upgrade are you focusing on filling a bigger footprint, or are the 1ks capable of pulling good weight out of a 3x3?

600 Watt would be better to the growth but still the fact that plants grown under 1000 Watt seems to be grow super dense and chunky. But it actually affects your wealth by increase in your power bill.

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

600 Watt would be better to the growth but still the fact that plants grown under 1000 Watt seems to be grow super dense and chunky. But it actually affects your wealth by increase in your power bill.

more like affect your wealth by increasing your yield and the weight of your billfold

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

A 1000w is made for 4x4x4 thats it, full stop. Yes you can do 3x3 or 5x5 or anything there is but you will not get more but could get less. A light will only support a set amount of growth no matter how big you make your footprint. For example if everything is even if you put 20 plants under a 1000w you get 2 pounds if you put 10 plants you will get 2 pounds because thats all the light will support. For hight with a 1000w you got 4 feet that's it, you can grow 6 foot plants under a 1000w but the bottom 2 feet will have nothing as the light can't reach. Go to the Horalux site and do some reading your reward will be great yields.

Top Bottom