going from soil to coco

• Thread starter BongToker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BongToker

whats up, so ive been noticing that every grow that i use foxfarm im constantly battling unsteady ph and ppm problems.. it starting to get to me. is working with coco easier to control? like if say you poor 300ppm at 6.5ph into the pot the run off will be the same numbers?? basically any info on growing coco will help me out a bunch, thanks guys.

B

BongToker

nice i know what your talking about and im going to give it a try next time, so done with ff bull shits.. thanks homies

B

BigJer

Yes it is much easier to contol your ph. I'm currently using coco and I am very happy. Just mix it with Perlite, 70-30.
good luck

D

dican01

nice i know what your talking about and im going to give it a try next time, so done with ff bull shits.. thanks homies

i think you will be very happy with roots. i have have bad luck with ff as well.

K

KonigJ

Running FFOF demands little if any nutrient watered in for the first 2 weeks. Molasses and beneficials along with Cal Mg and let the amendments do their thing.

Coco does hold a charge, and if you allow the pH to become out of range it can be a task to get it back in. Repetitive pH adjusted flushes are needed just to get the pH in a range where lockout will not be a problem.

That being said, coco is a superior media for indoor. More waterings..more 02 in the root zone...able to be inoculated easily and, you can use it multiple times! cost effective. Go with the coco bro.

Konig

S

Surfr

I have been growing in soil for many years now and just switched to coco.. I will never grow soil again. Coco is just so much better in all aspects of growing IMHO. I was in Roots Organics before I made the switch and it's def good stuff.

Illmind

Illmind

Yeah I jumped on the coco bandwagon early. Took me 3 runs till I went back to good ole amended dirt. Nothing beats it IMO. If you want pure coco you want canna, bcuzz, or botanicaire. Some are pre washed but I still do it anyways. Roots coco based medium is amended only slightly though but if you wanna go more hand watered hydro u want pure coco not roots roots holds water like dirt does almost every 2 days watering early on every other around flower. If you haven't tried it defintely give it a go to see what you like best. But everyone I know on cocos nuts back when it was big biz went back to either hydro organic or dirt. Good luck, the dark camo bags are Roots soil and light camo color is coco based.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Read this: Integral Hydroponics Page Coco Substrate Science

Latest posts

Top Bottom