Going guerrilla after first backyard grow. Have a few questions.

• Thread starter radrichie61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radrichie61

radrichie61

Hi all. Had a great little hobby year growing 3 in the backyard on a whim of hey, wonder what will happen. Wow is what happened as all of you know. Blown away I was hmm…

So if you feel like helping.

I am way too nervous to transport a harvest very far if this goes well next fall. I live in an urban area and I’ve been scaling for three or four months trying to find a location that is close to my home but conducive to watch needed for a successful gorilla grow. I feel confident I found several locations but now I would like to ask the following.

I am not going to use parts, I plan to germinate and grow two healthy size maybe two or three loads and 1 gallon buckets, and then head out to site so I have prepped over the winter and spring. I’m going to plant them in their fertilizer with dry nutrients check it again in a couple weeks and then once a month afterwards. My plans are to do this in 10 or 15 locations around my town that are pretty conducive that I can get to either by walking biking or a very short drive. So question number one

1. Auto flower or feminized.
Auto flower from what I read, quick and small, good yield.
2. Even though I am confident I am going in the ground, should I consider 5 gallon buckets. I live in coastal NC with high heat, moist springs and dry hot July and August. Planting in areas near water that from google earth and others appear to have good exposure and green all summer. Thee area approach’s the edge of an interstate and if this works, that puts me at a quick 6 minute drive home on harvest day.
So pot vs ground.
3. Soil water retaining techniques or materials recommended. Thinking of coco, lots of organics, grass clippings, anything to hold moisture. Suggestions?
4. Strain recommendations. I like it strong and smack you in the face and pump you up during the day and a let’s chill at night kind of bud. Been smoking for 45 years but never know if smoking indicator saliva. I just buy it. I think I want some drought hardy, bug resistant, high yield (doesn’t everyone) fungus resistant, well I want the world. Recommendation?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

In the ground, IMO. If the pot is in the sun, the roots will get quite warm.

When I lived in NC, one of those cops who flies around, looking for weed, said what he looks for are foot paths. Paths are easy to see from the air and they direct him right to grows. Whatever you do, don't create a path visible from the air.

People are crazed for autos, it seems, but half the ones I see on this site look like like shit. So if you have a good source for good autos, have at it, but they'd never be my choice.

My biggest issue for outdoor plants in NC was bud worms. I'd bomb them with Bt whenever possible.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I would choose photo period instead of auto's...of course all should be feminized lol.

Pots would be the way to go..but large 80litre garbage bags work very well also believe it or not and of course much easier to transport to your plot.

In regards to water you need to dig yourself a dam and line it with plastic which will collect all the rain water.

Use the sticks and trees from your environment to cover the dam so it's not seen from the air.
If you can't dig very well then take out large garbage bins, leave lids open so they can collect, but again they need to be covered up and hidden.
Be careful when collecting the water, snakes will slither their way into your dam.

In regards to strains they say sativa is best for outdoor whilst indica is best for indoors...BUT i grow White Widow and OG Kush outdoors and have done really well with those strains.

Your biggest concern will be fencing..if you have deer, etc in that area then your going to have to fence it off.

Termites will be your biggest problem amigo...you'll visit your plot one day and wonder why your girls are drooping and looking sad.

You automatically think oh they just need water...a few days later their looking worse.

You'll grab your plant and it will lift out from the ground without a root system..termites get under the soil and eat the roots.

You should never be nervous transporting, as long as your car has nothing wrong with it you'll be fine.
Being nervous will show in your demeanor. Once harvested you go straight home don't even stop to take a piss..you simply never stop for any motherfucker.

Good luck and never enter your plot the same way every time, and never exit the way you entered it.
Always watch your feet and don't..and i mean NEVER leave tracks that will lead LE or wanna be rippers to your plot.

radrichie61

radrichie61

Good morning, one last question and then I am done bothering. You see the areas below th are 10 min walk from home. Would you risk driving 20 minutes on the highway loaded up at harvest, or do close by where I can walk or bike. Everyone gets sketched out by these areas but the thing is you guys don’t know how hard access into there is and how tough the area is to traverse. I have been to my spots and not easy.
So harvest and drive or grow nearby?
B83DC5FB 7B00 4D6B 87E9 EE4109B47221
DDDCDAC5 D7FC 4CDD 9772 11DEEB83287B
13BD9989 CE2E 4CF4 8308 072F81881AE9
82FF7E2B 2822 4F04 8551 DFDAC1C6C1FD
8E571E89 8E43 4695 A1AE 75054BA445AD

Last edited:
Top Bottom