Going Light on H&G

• Thread starter mastagrowa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastagrowa

mastagrowa

Been using H&G's full line for nearly a year now. I switched from Heavy 16 (5 years plus) after I noticed better smell/yield with H&G in my coco grows.

Now I've been seeing some strains look way overcooked by week 3-4.

I generally follow the "light"schedule on H&G's nute calendar, with some additions/subtractions.

Now, I'm trying to reduce it by 10% across the board.

So far the girls look great, no probs and no overcooked/rushed look by 3-4. Lower PPMs on the runoff as well.

What's your call, H&G users?

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Sounds about right with lowering the ppms. Wondering if its high amount of nitrogen? I usually got the super green look and from time to time calcium issues with h&G but solid through and through.
Any more details on your current run?

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

Sounds about right with lowering the ppms. Wondering if its high amount of nitrogen? I usually got the super green look and from time to time calcium issues with h&G but solid through and through.
Any more details on your current run?

Yeah sealed rooms, growin in coco. I also use worm tea as a treatment weekly. it's a bloom formula tho so I don't think that would be too much N....

N

nightmarecreature

I dont use their feed chart. With the additives i run. Even my 4 foot plants start clawing if i use more than 6ml of A+B per gallon. I like to feed small amounts often.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Been using H&G's full line for nearly a year now. I switched from Heavy 16 (5 years plus) after I noticed better smell/yield with H&G in my coco grows.

Now I've been seeing some strains look way overcooked by week 3-4.

I generally follow the "light"schedule on H&G's nute calendar, with some additions/subtractions.

Now, I'm trying to reduce it by 10% across the board.

So far the girls look great, no probs and no overcooked/rushed look by 3-4. Lower PPMs on the runoff as well.

What's your call, H&G users?

H&g is a great line and used at full strength it can be overkill... I always tell everyone go up to 15% lighter the recommended. It will still do the job and you save money its a win win situation!

N

nightmarecreature

Just feed small amounts often. I normally only feed my plants 2ml of base nutes till they are about 2 feet tall. I feed them about 3 times a week. Without additives, i would probably feed 3-4 ml's of base nutes.

sensicloud

sensicloud

I dont use their feed chart. With the additives i run. Even my 4 foot plants start clawing if i use more than 6ml of A+B per gallon. I like to feed small amounts often.

I have the same theory with HG, small amount but very frequently

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

I'm reducing by 20% across the board, by mixing for a larger amount of water. For example, if my rez has 25 gal, I'm gonna mix in for 20 gal. Still seeing pretty high PPM numbers for weeks 3-5 on a 10 week feeding schedule though...might go even lighter....

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

Also I notice that Top Shooter is the hottest supplement H&G sells...that stuff really piles on the PPMs (not to mention it's super alkaline). I see their minimum dosage is 3.8 ml /gal. Maybe 2ml better?

Top Bottom