Going Organic! Have questions..

• Thread starter NightUbes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NightUbes

Hey farmers.. I'm new to the site.. although I've done some browsing around at some threads. I apologize in advance if any of my questions have been asked a bunch before.. I just find it easier to ask and hopefully get some direct answers as opposed to looking around forever for what I would like to know only to find a answers that aren't specific enough.. Anyway, I have been doing hydro for awhile and I would like to switch to Organic.. I've done soil one time before and I just used plain tap water with fox farm liquid grow and bloom.. I didn't know about using pure water sources like distilled/reverse osmosis back then so the plants had tons of problems (I think to nutrient lockout).. The results weren't very good to say the least! I've been reading alot of Rez articles in Skunk magazine and I've found some good info but the amount of things to remember is overwhelming! I have some beans going now (day 40ish since germination).. popped 2 lemon skunk (ghs),4 mk-ultra (th seeds i think) and 2 big bang seeds (ghs) all fems.. 1 skunk, 3 mk's and 1 big bang survived.. They are in 16oz plastic cups under a T5 high out florescent light 4x 24w blubs I think... Used a combo of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and happy frog along with some added perlite. I'm weary (for now) about trying one of the supersoil systems like the ones Rez and Subcool do bc as I am new to this I don't feel comfortable "cooking" my own soil mix yet.. I was thinking once I transplant into bigger containers using a mix of Roots Organic and Ocean Forest and maybe some coir (to allow better aeration).. Does that soil mix sound like a good combination? It seems like the growth is pretty sloooow right now.. but like I said, I've been doing hydro.. My second question is regarding Organic Teas. I know that the ocean forest and roots organics already have available nutes in them but when I feel they are getting low I would like to feed by using organic tea. I already have a pump and water stone. I want to know a very basic tea recipe that anyone has had good results with. I've seen Earthworm Castings, Molasses, and liquid kelp as one recipe and then ive seen some that have like 20 different things in it.. As I'm a student on a student's budget I need to keep things simple and inexpensive.. Thanks for any advice!

Top Bottom