Going outta town for 4

• Thread starter Leelandgrow4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leelandgrow4

Leelandgrow4

Okay I'm going outta town for 4 day so I watered hella water cause last time I had four plants and my mom forgot to water them only had two servivers so I want to make sure they gonna make it.looks.like I over watered but I just wanna make sure they got enough water to last any advice

FTCG

FTCG

Cover the tops of the pots with some poly to reduce evaporation.

Another option would be to reduce the light intensity or temperature. Raising the humidity a bit can help as well.

Leelandgrow4

Leelandgrow4

Well normally I keep it at 55%but here lately been like 60 to 63% and I forgot to mention two plants are in 5 gallon buckets which.i watered before i.left yesterday and I watered my small ones alot.rather over water then come home to dry plant and dying plants

Leelandgrow4

Leelandgrow4

Put two gallons each big pot and split a gallon between four small pot I mean pretty small told her to water those cause.i have went five 5 days before with out watering and was fine with the 5 gallon buckets

FTCG

FTCG

It would depend on what your temps are at then. Anything under 80 and you should be fine in 5 gallons.

FTCG

FTCG

Well there ya go, you shouldn't have any problems. Needs to be a perfect storm to bring you down in 4 days.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I need to water my plants daily with a gallon or so of water per plant at the mid and end of flowering. If I didn't water, after 4 days I would have multiple dead/wilted plants. I grow mine indoors in Promix, but they get pretty big compared to most tent grows. I would get a basin under the plants to catch any runoff, just to see how much water the plants use in a day. Sitting for 4 days with standing water won't hurt things, but I wouldn't go any longer than that without a dry period. I know it isn't good to have roots in standing water, but a few days won't hurt and I have done it many times. If you have a few days warning, try experimenting and see how they respond to not getting watered regularly. Everyone's setup is different and what works for me might not work for you, and vice versa. Good Luck!!

Leelandgrow4

Leelandgrow4

Well when I watered them before I left I think I over watered before I left they definitely over watered but it's the first time over watering my plant's

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well when I watered them before I left I think I over watered before I left they definitely over watered but it's the first time over watering my plant's

Over watering is from how often you water before they need it not how much you pour through.

Leelandgrow4

Leelandgrow4

And I have went like 4 days and bucket still way heavier than the dry bucket to check kind when I need to water and they where still pretty heavy I'm just hitting 5 week of veg

Leelandgrow4

Leelandgrow4

And I am sure I did two gallons each pot and water the day before

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

How long it would take for a plant in a 5 gal pot to dry out from soaked depends on multiple factors, most have been covered.
if you have real big bushy plants with a big healthy happy root system 4 days may be too long.if your plants are fairly small you should be ok but it's always best to enlist the help of a friend or family member who can take direction and has a bit o common sense.the reason I say common sense is when i went away for a week I enlisted the help of someone who turned out not to have any common sense and I came back to all my plants sitting in 3/4 inches of water.he thought he would try to cut corners by giving loads o water thinking he would only have to go to my spot once.he was right.they didn't dry out.they came a midges baw hair away from drowning though.if I had been away for any longer they would have

Leelandgrow4

Leelandgrow4

Well my mom went checked today and she said that they are still hella wet in the five gallons and my mom gardens so made her water small ones again but I dont have saucers underneath and the plant are 6 weeks topped at four weeks let it go for a week then topped again so 6 weeks today so not that big

Screenshot 20190516 193954 Telegram
Screenshot 20190516 194006 Telegram
Screenshot 20190516 194020 Telegram
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
When I made my earlier post, I didn't realize that they were still relatively small. I think that watering the very well prior to leaving will hold them for 4 days at the size shown would be OK. I thought they were 5 ft tall and flowering. Sorry for the incorrect information earlier... but 4 days should be OK.

Top Bottom