Going to try hempy but got some ?

• Thread starter lollipopman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lollipopman

lollipopman

First thing is doing 4 cbft of perlite to 2 cbft coco... Does that sound right?

For the bucket I'm drilling a hole, 2 inches up from bottom?

Now use hydroton to fill up the bottom a little past the drain hole?

Next mix the 2 bags together and fill up the 5gal buckets?

Only thing left is put my clone in and water every 2-3 days?

Does this sound right?
This is the coco coir I got...
Is this stuff any good?
I'm done with rdwc......

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hempys good clean fun for everyone! I have heard good things about just coir - never used it - cant rem if its preflushed

what type of rdwc were you running LPM?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Depends on the coir. I don't have to rinse the Botanicare bales I use, but they do need to be charged.

Damn! Almost $24 for 2'cu? That's outrageously priced, just outrageous.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I use the same coco. to be safe would rinse it, then pre-treat it with a calmg. Agree on the price I pay about $16-18 per bag.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I thought that seemed like a bit much - I pay 17 locally if memory serves me right

lollipopman

lollipopman

thanks for the reply holms
hempys good clean fun for everyone! I have heard good things about just coir - never used it - cant rem if its preflushed

what type of rdwc were you running LPM?
my rdwc was a home made undercurrent
Depends on the coir. I don't have to rinse the Botanicare bales I use, but they do need to be charged.

Damn! Almost $24 for 2'cu? That's outrageously priced, just outrageous.
what do you mean by charging it?
I use the same coco. to be safe would rinse it, then pre-treat it with a calmg. Agree on the price I pay about $16-18 per bag.
i gotta go back to the store for more hydroton so ill pick some calmg up

where are yall getting your coir? online is cheap till shipping comes into play, so the only place near me is ww...

E

easypleasie

I rinse and pre charge all coco I use. I add calmag and a low does of nutes along with benes. And recently started added gnatrol to kill fungus gnat larvae. I hate those fuckers!

lollipopman

lollipopman

glad your still around easy going to need all the help i can get...

O

okcomputer42

I rinse and pre charge all coco I use. I add calmag and a low does of nutes along with benes. And recently started added gnatrol to kill fungus gnat larvae. I hate those fuckers!

So what ppm do you charge your coco at and how do you prefer to use the gnatrol? Thanks in advance, Easy!

Peace and love,
OK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
what do you mean by charging it?

i gotta go back to the store for more hydroton so ill pick some calmg up

where are yall getting your coir? online is cheap till shipping comes into play, so the only place near me is ww...
Got mine at a hydro shop out in Carmichael. It's a drive, but I wait until I need a few things then stock up.

If you don't know what it is to charge coco, then you have a buncha learning on coco to do. Charging means that you're basically loading it with some food and nutrients, and that Ca/Mg is especially important with coco. My computer died, so I don't have the Integral Hydro bookmark anymore. Gimme a minute here...

E

easypleasie

Yo lolli, i'm no expert on hempy but i've got a couple runs that I can draw a little experience from. I can tell you what not to do lol

ppms will depend on what i'm using the coco for. If it's for cuttings or bigger girls. Nothing over 500 usually. I think too much and it can hurt your benes that you're trying to establish. I use the gnatrol after everything has been fully rinsed and charged up. Just mix with ph'd water and let it soak in for a bit. I haven't worked out a perfect routine yet but this is what i've been doing lately. Helps with keeping the gnats under control...those bastards LOVE coco.

Coco is great when you get the ins and outs figured out. Takes some time but it's awesome once you get the routine. Seamaiden provided a good link that explains things a bit. Read as much as you can before you start so you don't make too many mistakes lol

lollipopman

lollipopman

Thanks seamaiden helps a lot..

Easy got the gnatrol on the way...

B

brookstown

you will go to just coir the next run. The perlite just needs to be watered too often fo the hempy life style. Just try one and you'll switch. (and they just seem to look better)

I think the easiest way to success is to keep it simple. If you use a coco formulas they have the cal in so after initial soak you don't need to add every water. And I've found no difference between full strength and 3/4. esp if your using multiple boosters, almost like less is better.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I did 100% perlite hempies OD this past summer, and they required feeding/watering every 2-3 days once they'd really set bud and it was consistently warm. This was in 30gal tubs. There's just no way (right now) that I can see myself filling up 4-6 30gal tubs with coco. Plus, a big part of the reason why I did the perlite was to save weight in the tubs, which was due in part to their location.

With coco I use Cal-Mag every watering until we're closing in on the finish line. With perlite I didn't have to be anywhere nearly as religious about it.

At this point, for indoor container growing, I have used absolutely nothing better than coco coir.

Rushoe

Rushoe

Bro if your gonna run hempy's make them 2 gallons or 3 my buddy does them with 3 gallons 30% perlite 70% coco with chunky perlite he did them with 50/50 and it had to be watered way to often.I my self am running 2 gallon hempys atm with 30/70 and plants are growing fast.I use canna coco and love it bro works very well I even use it outside got 2 and half zips from a pk clone outside in a one gallon bag of canna coco.No offence to anyone using the coco u have to wash 1st for me its worth the extra 5 bucks to grab a bag of canna coco ....And I read somewhere that a 2gallon bucket of coco is perfect for a 120 cycle.Good luck bro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom