Going to use drip clean next water- can I use a non salt based nute with it?

• Thread starter Kevinkellog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kevinkellog

Kevinkellog

So I have been using flornova CRAP for 2 months and now regretting it. Huge amount of salts. EDTA EVERYWHEREnasty shit. Bad for the microbes bacteria and so on. Salts bad for enzymes. Also now been researching to find out Kool bloom is the same. Both made by GH. I may never but from them again. I’m moving to house and garden which is much better ingredients wise. No salt build ups, accurate NPK with quality stuff inside.also earth juice I’m moving to as a base, HAG for additives. And every other water I’m going organic to build the life in the soil. Anywho, earth juice has no salts either. Finally I’ll top it off with a tea every two weeks for maximum nute uptake. What y’all think?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I wouldn't waste time or money on H&G. They are great nutes but not even worth 1/10th the cost. They have the exact same thing in them as GH ingredient wise. If this is for your outdoor I would stick to something like earth juice or the botanicare growzilla if you want something in a bottle or bag or a number of those companies like dragon fly ect. If you are worried about microbes/enzymes ect you shouldnt be getting anything in a bottle in the first place or anything from a hydro shop.

I'm not an OD or even a soil dude but I can tell you either go full salts if you want to go that route or go the other way. The hybrid approach works but you really need to know what you are doing or you are better off grinding up the money into a slurry and feeding your plants that. By that I mean using a nute line that is already hybrid out of the bottle/bag like Mills or PBP. The point I'm trying to make is using stuff with EDTA in it is for hydroponics and rez's. You shouldn't have to worry about that stuff in your setup. Wrong approach. The soil game has a steep learning curve to be able to really kill it. Rock out something like Vic High's super soil (or subs if you want to give him credit for changing like 2 things in the mix and calling it his own)

No point in drip clean if you arent on drippers. Even then there is no point for it unless you are running something like molasses or their Algen stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom