Gold Label Hydrococo 80/20

• Thread starter Chrondondalae
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

wondering if anyone has some experience with gold labels hydrococo 80/20(20% coco)?

i just committed and ordered a pallet of it and i'm wondering what to expect. i usually do 25/75 coco/perlite or 30/70 coco/hydroton so its pretty close to what i'm used to. lately i've been watering for 15sec on every 2 hrs instead of 4x daily @ 1 minute with great results.

so anyone used this stuff?

deep buddy

deep buddy

the coco is as good as canna bagged imo. what i noticed about the hydro"korrels" is that they dont seem to be round, so it might affect drainage a lil. really like gold label, got what i have for a song(bagged coco 50l).

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

i kind of hoped the drainage would be a little different. sweet, good to hear since theres a little less coco than i'm used to.

i paid just a little more than i do for canna but no mixing, which is fine by me.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

i'm running it this round and like it. only thing is that it is already charged with cheap fertilizer. reading the bag, it ranges anywhere from nominal to very hot. i used it straight out of the bag and ended up with N overload and mag deficiencies. it roots out crazy, but flush the hell out of it. my runoff smelled like urea and manure for the first week.
and the coco is much coarser and more fibrous than canna. i like that. and the mis-shaped hydroton lets the roots actually grab it and grow into the crevisses.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

i'm glad you posted. wtf, its precharged. that sucks, i hate that shit.

guess we'll just have to see how hot, i pick up on monday.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

ok so i emailed special mix and got some info on the hydrococo. it has a slight calcium nitrate precharge. i tested runoff, which is relative with coco i know, and it was 200. ph'ed with 5.0 water which brought it down to 6.0.

no mixing is great. drains really well. i transplanted today and gave them 250 ppm of base with caps benes and tea. we'll see how the plants like it.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

been meaning to give an update on this stuff. the plants really like it! better than canna imo. chow mix right out of the bag! best transplant round i've ever had . plants blasted right from the start and no funky coco lock outs. this pic is 7 days after transplanting from a 3 gallon to a 20 gallon smart pot.

IMG 0227

deep buddy

deep buddy

hell yeah i really like their pure coco but that pre mix is killing it!!!! thanks for taking the plunge and trying this mix, and thanks for posting.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

i did a side by side chow vs coco/perlite. the chow mix plants absolutely crushed the coco/perlite plants!

decided to give the 80/20 a try after theat. did i mention no mixing, ha ha. no more hydoton rolling arond on the floor. those fuckers hurt when you kneel on them lol. not to mention you can get taken out if you step on a few of those the wrong way, like marbles...

deep buddy

deep buddy

i did a side by side chow vs coco/perlite. the chow mix plants absolutely crushed the coco/perlite plants!

decided to give the 80/20 a try after theat. did i mention no mixing, ha ha. no more hydoton rolling arond on the floor. those fuckers hurt when you kneel on them lol. not to mention you can get taken out if you step on a few of those the wrong way, like marbles...
yeah its amazing how those little fuckers get everywhere!

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

Fuck me! How did I miss this?!!! Chow mix fresh out of the bag? I'm in! Pre-washing clay pebbles sucks and if you can get away with out the prewash it saves you all of the work. I guess the coco kind of cushions the clay pebbles in the bag from grinding in the bag during shipping and doesn't make the dreaded red clay dust.

K

kushtrees

I'm going to give this stuff a shot since I can't get hydroton anymore. Anyone flush it before use or just transplant and go? I'm thinking of cutting with some perlite or hydro corn to make it drain even more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom