Gold tips, brittle leaves

• Thread starter VapeIt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VapeIt

At first I thought I had a problem with nute lockout due to high PH in the RW.
I thought had a problem with PH runoff from the time I transplanted the clones into the 3x3 RW blocks. I started another thread about the high PH runoff - @7. I flushed and flushed. 4 times now. 2 times with PH'd FloraKleen, 2 times with PH's RO water with Cal/Mag+.

I put them in the buckets for the last 10 days of veg. I was hopping to get the roots out of the RW and into the Hydroton. I have roots coming out the bottom of the buckets now. Nice and white and healthy looking.

The leaves being affected are Fan leaves from the mid section of the plant. Many times the leaf fingers elongate before the tips turn gold/bronze. Then they get dry and brittle.

After so many flushes, I doubt it is nute lockout.
I don't think it is nute burn - I was running 1.0-1.2EC in the 4-5th weeks of Veg.
Flipped to 12/12 last night.

It looks a little like a Mg deficiency, so yesterday I foliar sprayed with tap water and Epsom Salt.

Is this a virus or mold? I am losing 1-2 fan leaves every day or two.

Thanks for any help.

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? = Clones
2. How old are your plants? = 4 weeks from rooting
3. How tall are your plants? = 12"-18"
4. What type of hydro system are you using? = Ebb & Grow Buckets - clones started in 3x3x4 RW and placed in Hydroton buckets.
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? = House and Garden
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? = 5.8
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? = @150/.3EC - using RO
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? = @500-600/1.0-1.2EC
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? = @70-72F
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? = Slight rise
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? = Slight rise
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? = Tried Magic Green, then Epsom Salt water.
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent

"plant lights") = 600w HPS x6 = 3600w
14. How close are your lights to the plants? = 16"
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? = 150SqFt
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? = 70-80F - 40-60%
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? = none, inspect closely
18. How much experience do you have growing? = third try, second in the buckets

Gold tips brittle leaves
Gold tips brittle leaves 2
V

VapeIt

As a foliar spray? or in the Res?

I am using Botanicare Cal-Mag+ in my Res.

I had been using Cal/Mag+ at 10ml per gal. I reduced it to 5mil per gal when someone said I had nute lockout and asked why I was using it in the first place.

Should I go back to 10mil per gal?

Thanks for the help.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I've never gone above 7 with the botanicare calmag plus. Not sure but 10mls gotta be like 700ppm in ca mag alone. Normal use for me is 2.5-3.5 per gallon.

V

VapeIt

Mitten,

When I put 5mil per gal in RO water - I think it brings it to @100ppm on the .5 scale.

I will check again tomorrow and report back.

Thank you.

V

VapeIt

Kal,
That is what I am using. 5mil is a teaspoon. I think.

This res change I went with 25% tap water 75%RO. 45 gals.

Thank you.

V

VapeIt

Mitten,
So you think I am using too much already at 5mil?

Do you know what is making my leaves do this?
I am worried that it may not be related to my nutes and it's something in the air like mold or virus.

I built the room with new sheet rock, painted 2 coats of paint and then covered the whole room with Panda, walls and floor.

Thank you.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Alright I was way off 3mls gets me just over 100 and ten is around 400 ppm. So that's not as crazy as I was thinking.I agree looks like ca issues but not so sure if its from not enough ca or to much something causing it to lock out. Wish I could help more.

V

VapeIt

Does anyone know how to fix my plants?
I am losing leaves fast.

I foliared with Epsom Salt two days ago. I doesn't look like it stopped the spreading.

Today I foliared them with Dark Energy.

Should I try a Calcium Foilar?

Latest posts

Top Bottom