Golden Goat and Cherry Lime Haze

• Thread starter COCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

COCannabis

Hello all! I have started a grow; I made a post in the wrong area of the forums so here it is, copied and pasted....

Well, you see the title. For those that don't know, GG is a 3 way cross of Island Sweet Skunk, a Hawaiian Sativa, and Romulan. Getting clones tomorrow. Mixed organic soil a few weeks ago and have been watering with distilled water. Will put the clones into 2 gal smart pots under a 1000w MH and water with hygrozyme and rizotonic.
I have a really small tent; it's 62" x 36" x 20" so growing 3 plants in there will be a challenge...I plan to make them into stout little bushes! If anyone has tips on any of these strains I invite them to pitch in...
This is the first grow I'll be in charge more or less...long story short, I'm growing for a medical patient in their own home, but they have no idea how to do any of it...
I've helped out with hydro DWC, soil warehouses in Denver, closet grows, guerilla outdoor, etc. so I have had shallow experience here and there but my experience doesn't run deep in any area! Well, maybe trimming but that doesn't really count.
I very appropriately smoked some Goat before making this post so if something isn't coherent you know who to blame...
Oh ya, I have a 6" inline eco plus supreme (maybe it's delux? not sure...) fan that cools my tent nicely but I feel that it moves the air so damn fast that there's no hope of ever putting in CO2...
I'm really trying to maximize yields for this patient in the little space he has; if anybody can gimme some tips that would be fantastic! Pictures of the setup will come soon...it's pretty fun just designing a little area...

Also here's the soil recipe:
1Bag Ocean Forest
1Bag Light Warrior
1/4 bag fox farm planter mix
1/4Bag Canna Coco
1/4 Bag Earthwarm Casting
1/5 Chunky perlite
1/4 Bag Forest Hummus Alaskan
1/4 bag of Vermiculite
3 Cups of a granular mix from a buddy (PankFlamingo to be specific)

Needless to say I have some extra soil, as I'll be finishing plants in 5 gal pots.

Then, as previously stated I'm using hygrozyme and rizotonic as well as bio boost. Just not gonna put bio boost in the first watering as I do not want to burn m' plants...I imagine everyone agrees this is a good move??

Anyways, the primary reason I'm documenting this is so the brothas here can help a noobie out! It should be fun! If anyone wants to know anything else or can offer something up....

C

COCannabis

OK, so I just transplanted the clones today...I received 2 Cherry Lime Hazes and a Golden Goat. None were labeled but I've had quite a lot of experience with GG so I think she'll be very easy to spot, especially come flowering. I didn't have any small cups around so I had to go ahead and transplant them straight into the 2 gal pots. I then immediately watered with some water and hygrozyme and rizotonic. I put them about 3 feet below the glass shield on the 1000W MH. After a few hours, they seem to be fairly happy, although the top 1/4 of each of them is very wilty...is this normal? The bottom 3/4 of the stem and branches seem very happy and solidified in place, but the top sets of leaves are all overturned and very floppy. Is this because the light is too intense? Also, if this is the case, how would one recommend fixing this issue? The light is about as far as it will go, and I don't have any florescents or anything I can substitute.

Thanks in advance!

ttystikk

ttystikk

if you're using airflow to cool your tent, then adding CO2 will be a waste no matter how slowly your fans are running. Enough movement to effectively carry away heat also means enough to carry away the gas. You can try cooling without changing out the air, or you can try adding CO2 to a sealed room that the tent is in, such an approach would work well if temps don't get out of hand. Otherwise, be sure the plants get plenty of fresh air and having some CO2 won't be a problem. Also, if you're chaning out the air that much, you want to be sure your humidity is in a good range. Too wet or too dry causes problems. Guessing from your handle that you live in arid Colorado, in which case you want to add humidity to get it up to 65% for veg and at least 50-55% for flowering.

Krasi

Krasi

Nice setup bro, genetics too, i`m looking forward to your update and photo`s

general_sketch

general_sketch

Golden Goat is great, you'll have no trouble spotting her in bloom. One of my favorite smokes, such a unique lady in my garden.

C

COCannabis

outwest-- Thanks man, I briefly checked the link (will look more in-depth later) and it makes me wonder if I could move my homebrew in there...got like 7 different batches of mead that could possibly let some CO2 out? Not sure if it would be significant quantities or not...

ty stik--I am indeed in arid colorado, and the humidity sticks around 20-25% in the tent...do you suggest putting a humidifer in there, or is there a more efficient way to keep things humid? Also, what kind of problems will I run into with low humidity? I was aware you don't want it too high or you get mold and fungus and such but I didn't know there were issues with low humidity...

Krasi--Thanks dude! I was pretty proud of myself for setting it all up as a first-timer :) Although I clearly have a lot to learn!

general--Indeed it is! I've always thought GG (among other Romulan crosses) can compete with the elites...not quite as potent as an OG, but damn the character of the GG's stone is certainly wonderful. I'm quite familiar with her smell so I imagine distinguishing her from the cherry lime hazes will not be an issue. I've never smoked CLH either, so that will be fun!

As an update, I moved all the plants to the edges of the tent, and they've perked up a bit...I think the light intensity was causing them to wilt. Also, I think the tent is a little shoddy--there are some light leaks. I'll be plugging those with duct tape and gorilla tape, but how much light is too much?? Should I just try to gauge whether or not the light making its way into the tent is more than moonlight or not?

So basically my current issues are these:
1) how to get humidity from 20% up to around 50-60% cheaply
2) how much light is too much light for the dark cycle? the tent is in the patient's bedroom (who often stays up to 2-3am), so I'll definitely have to figure that out...

Thanks for the quick responses and encouragement! I promise I'll get some pictures up tomorrow...I'll also try to get Pank in on this thread as he is the one who gifted me the clones and gave me his soil recipe. He's got some big fish to fry so I try not to bug him with questions pertaining to 3 little clones :)

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Yeah Clones straight to 1000 W MH is a little much.Clones straight to a 2 gallon is iffy(depending on the size of the clones) Cheap way to Raise RH maybe 2, 5 gallon buckets of water in the room.(may be an issue with that space) It's cheap and easy and you can see how much it will raise it,if not enough you nailed it humidifier. Fan controllers are a blessing,get one. And "ANY" light in the dark period is a NO NO. I'm only on Grow 3 so I'm no pro,but I think most will agree with what I have posted.Good Luck

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I keep a Holmes whole house cool mist humidifier outside the air intake. Keeps things at 55 day and night.

As far as darkness, I heard a good rule of thumb; nothing brighter than moonlight. The other thing you could do is go buy a green fluorescent party bulb for the patients bed room to use afterwards. I face a similar issue and use one of those green led lanterns.

outwest

C

COCannabis

Crippled--Yeah, I figured out the 1000W thing :) They seem much happier on the edge of the tent than straight below the light...and they're quite small, 2 gal pots are definitely too big. I just wanted to get them transplanted ASAP and didn't even have party cups around to put them in! I'll just have to watch watering extra closely I think...I also tried putting a drip tray full of water in the middle of the tent this morning, but I think my fan moves the air so fast that it makes no difference as the RH didn't budge. I was thinking about a fan controller anyways, and I think I'll have to get one...I can hear the fan with the door closed while I'm upstairs.

outwest--I don't exactly have an air intake, as the only options are some mesh sort of vents at the bottom of the tent. I'm worried that keeping these open allow far too much light...couldn't I just keep the humidifier in the tent? This may be an issue late flowering but is totally plausible right now. And good to hear about the moonlight thing; I climbed in the tent with the door closed and it seemed just about moon status if not a bit less....I guess I'll see just how close we are when I flip to 12/12, but that'll be a while from now.

I'm gonna go patch up as many of those little holes as I can, then maybe snap some pics to throw up tonight so you can all see what I'm working with....I also think I'll be building a little veg chamber soon. If anyone has pre-made plans for one of these it would be awesome to get them! I just need something big enough to veg out 3-4 clones at a time until they're about 18 inches tall. I assume fluorescent bulbs would be ideal for such a setup?

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

hey CO, I don't have experience w/ either of those strains they boths sound good, especially that cherry lime haze! I'd love to grow out a dank haze but I've been stuck on my kushes and OG's. I would recommend putting a small pan/bucket w/ water and fan next to it, then put a towel or shirt into the water and draped over your fan to add humidity for cheap to your grow. I would tape up the light leaks best you can. GL to you bro. :RastaBong:

C

COCannabis

Yeah, the CLH will be interesting...I've never smoked it but the man who gave it to me said it's bomb and he knows what's up! As I look for a humidifier I'll definitely be using your method to raise the humidity...good call man, thanks for the idea!

I taped up all the light leaks, but am debating taping up one last one....

Since I don't really have any intake vents, the fan creates a huge vacuum effect on the tent. So the edges of the tent are completely taught as tight as they can be as the vacuum seal sucks on all the tiny holes in the zippers...this is hard to explain, so I will try to get a picture. The airtake vents on the tent are little flaps over mesh openings. The flaps I believe are to keep light out, I just have no idea how effective they are and don't want to trust the manufacturers!

So I taped up all the vents, turned the fan back on and zipped up...A very small piece of one of the vents opened up, and it happens to be in a perfect spot for where I would put an intake vent if I could....Also, because the area around the very small open piece is taped down, it seems like air is rushing into the bottom of the tent without any real light leakage...it's kind of peculiar...I'll try to get pictures but I think it will work perfectly.

Ah and one last thing...(sorry if I'm a bit rambly, enjoyed some sour schrom recently :P) I believe the clones came from a 24/0 light cycle, and it appears they all have purple streaks running up their stems...I remember when I was about 16 at a hydro shop when the guy told me you could use 24/0 (I'd always thought 18/6 was the only cycle used for veg at this point) , but to watch out for these streaks....What are the streaks exactly, and what are the implications for the plant?

Oh ya, and thanks for the good luck joe, I'm gonna need it! Hopes and expectations are high, as are my fears...

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
You definitely need air coming in low and exiting high, not to mention the added stress on the fan. Try opening a lower vent and lean a large piece of cardboard against it. Don't block the opening completely with the cardboard, enough to let air come in.

C

COCannabis

Plenty of air coming in the bottom, plenty of air leaving out the top. Getting a fan regulator and humidifier tomorrow if I have time. Got in the tent and zipped it up, couldn't see my hand moving in front of my face. Plants are perking up even more on the edges of the tent; I think some nighttime will do them some good...

It'll do me some good too so I'm going to bed. Hopefully will get those items and then take pictures of the whole setup tomorrow.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Strong work. Let us know how it goes.

outwest

C

COCannabis

OK, finally got around to taking some pictures. Put in a really cheap humidifier, got a towel wet and put it on an oscillating fan, manually misting plants with water whenever...

I also changed around the ventilation; instead of air being pulled from the tent past the fan, I now have air from outside the tent being ducted through the light, out the back of the tent. The room that the tent is in has a large window kept open to keep things at a reasonable temperature. Took a few pictures; I'd like to blame the super-sloppy ventilation on the manufacturers of the tent (as I think they put venting in strange places) but in the end I put it up...luckily since we have such a strong fan, all the bending and twisting of the air doesn't really matter for our purposes. I'm thinking about getting CO2 now that the tent is mostly closed up to outside ventilation...

Do plants need CO2 at night? How much $ of CO2 would one need for these 3 plants to go until harvest? Keep in mind I'll be flipping them when they're in between 12 and 18 inches...

Also, the plants looked like they were experiencing a magnesium deficiency when I first got them, and after two nights of darkness it looks like it's going away....Hoping they'll be good!

I believe the golden goat is on the bottom left in the pictures, the other 2 are cherry lime haze. The golden goat has been faring the best of the 3...I'm worried about the humidity and CO2 because I feel like growth has not been going as fast as it should...I could also be totally wrong, since I've only had them for 3 days/3 nights now...none of them look thirsty so I think I'll wait until probably sunday morning to water/feed again, depending how they look tomorrow.

I also took pictures but can't seem to upload them...I'm in a time crunch right now so I'll try to figure that out later. You can see the mg problems on the 2 plants on the right. I also moved the plants more directly under the light as they have been angling themselves toward it....they definitely made a quick adjustment to that! I hope I don't stunt them with madly fluctuating humidity...

C

COCannabis

lights come on in about 2 minutes. I'm feeling under the weather so I don't want to really move...but those babies have to get fed! One was looking particularly thirsty last night...

So I got the tent super humid, I poked my head in and it felt like one of those butterfly sanctuary/rainforest rooms...but the RH still said 16%; not sure how that works....maybe something wrong with the meter? I am also semi-worried about how much light gets in through my ventilation system, but there's really nothing I can do about it without stressing the hell out of the fan...Making me really wish I had a room and not a tent!

Well the light just kicked on so I am about to go feed...then smoke some Triangle OG and watch some movies....hopefully that'll be all the medicine I need to shake this sickness!

Edit: OK, so the light kicked on at 8:09 when I have the timer on for 8....anyone else get their timer doing strange things?? I haven't ever seen it go off, but I hope it's going off at 2:00 as programmed...

So things are not looking particularly good....2 of the plants look fine, just a bit hungry (slightly yellow on the bigger, lower leaves) but the last one does not look so good...has more yellowing on leaves than the others, and the tips of the leaves are curling up and twisting around themselves...is this a pH issue from misting them with tap water? Maybe chlorine or something from the tap? Or is it just from rapidly fluctuating humidity? When I opened the tent all the sides were covered with condensed water so I think I will stop trying to play god with humidity and just turn on the humidifier...

I watered with about 2.5 ml/gal of hygrozyme and about 10 ml/gal of rizo...is this too much rhizotonic? I'm worried, I feel like growth is being stunted on all these plants...argh!!! I feel just as stressed as they are...I thought this would be easy, but man having things in a tent is difficult! Between making sure it's light proof, atmospheric conditions, etc.

I hope watering was the right move, all the pots were extremely dry all the way down but none of the plants were wilting. Also, one seems to be angling its leaves almost vertically...looks like semi-stress more than reaching for light. I still have the light way high above these guys but have moved them in from the edges of the tent...right move? Should I move them back to the edges? Poor little ladies are having such a hard adjustment...

Being sick too I just want to sit in bed, it sucks to even sit up to water and such. Wish there was something I could actively do to help them heal up...a girlfriend would be nice in this situation! *sigh*

Top Bottom