Good basic two or three part nutrient system

• Thread starter Blastfact
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blastfact

Blastfact

I'm done with Nectar of the Gods system. What is a current good simple and effective nutrient system? Something I can premix at 5 gal. at a time or a dry amendment system. Back when I was working I used Bloom City dry amendment but it always seemed lacking. Retired now and thought I would try other stuff. But have found out I just flat out don't care to mess with all the stupid mad science crap. And honestly most of this crap fufu hybrid weed we have now isn't worth much effort IMHO. I'm a soil photo grower and every once in a while a photo coco grow. Rarely do autos. Thank You!

growsince79

growsince79

I'm done with Nectar of the Gods system. What is a current good simple and effective nutrient system? Something I can premix at 5 gal. at a time or a dry amendment system. Back when I was working I used Bloom City dry amendment but it always seemed lacking. Retired now and thought I would try other stuff. But have found out I just flat out don't care to mess with all the stupid mad science crap. And honestly most of this crap fufu hybrid weed we have now isn't worth much effort IMHO. I'm a soil photo grower and every once in a while a photo coco grow. Rarely do autos. Thank You!
Been using dyna grow for decades. It's cheap and it works.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've used the General Hydroponics 3 part flora in Promix type soils for 25 odd years and I've added Floralicious to the mix this past year...I just follow the feed chart. Most of the issues I've had growing are not nute related but my own fk ups...It works for me.

2Bad

2Bad

If you are handwatering go with shaded's method or theres premix living soil recipes on grow weed easy

B

bakelite

Right now I'm using General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow and FloraNova Bloom in soilless (ProMix). Only 2 bottles, very easy and effective. I use 1 tsp/gal of Grow with seedlings (alternate with water) and veg and 1tsp/gal of Bloom during flower. Flush well during last week or so prior to harvest The stuff is slightly viscous, dark and gritty but no smell. Make sure that you shake the living hell out of it before each use. It has everything including Ca and Mg which is hard to find. Alternate with plain water sometimes during your grow (read your plants). Do not let it freeze as it won't all cut back in and will be useless as the ratios will be off. I use when I don't feel like messing around with organics, depending on my mood :-)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So many out there… dynagrow is a great option for simplicity and effectiveness.

Jacks, mega crop, masterblend all work well and that ballin on a budget recipe is a really good option also.

If coat is not an issue pretty much you have a lot of option with liquid 3 parts.

I usually recommend dynagrow for ease and effectiveness or the jacks, mega cro, masterblend used in conjunction to the ballin on a budget recipe

Personally i avoid the fox farm and AN stuff because i have my reasons

Type of media being used is also a big consideration when it comes to the type and brand of nutrients you may want

Blastfact

Blastfact

Jacks, mega crop, masterblend all work well and that ballin on a budget recipe is a really good option also.

If coat is not an issue pretty much you have a lot of option with liquid 3 parts.

I usually recommend dynagrow for ease and effectiveness or the jacks, mega cro, masterblend used in conjunction to the ballin on a budget recipe

Type of media being used is also a big consideration when it comes to the type and brand of nutrients you may want
Jacks is on a short list. Will more than likely buy the basics for Jacks next month just to have it around....

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've used the following:

Fox Farm Cultivation Nation 2 part dry salts: Relatively inexpensive and very easy to use. Just go 1/2 doses instead of using what Fox Farm suggests

Botanicare Organic line: It's base is made up of 3 liquid nutrient mixes and then they have all sorts of add-ons. If you stay with the 3, it's pretty easy to use. It's liquid though so it's not going to last as long as dry salts or dry organic nutrients.

Roots Organic Terp Teas: This has been my favorite so far. It's dry so a bag lasts a long time. It can be mixed in your soil before you start your grow, used as a top feed mix, or brewed as an aerated tea. It's based around a 3 part nutrient program and has add-ons you can purchase if needed.

Almost every hydro store I have been to tries to sell me the Nectar of the Gods system. It seems to me to have too many parts and is designed so that you have to use pretty much all of it. It's also one of the more expensive feed programs I've seen.

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

For what reasons do you avoid AN might I ask? I've heard lots of people say that

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For what reasons do you avoid AN might I ask? I've heard lots of people say that
Well in hydro they need to be treated differently and it causes confusion when compared to traditional nutrients. Imo they like many seperate thier nutrients into a million bottles that dont need to be.

Used as directed they work fine but i cant count how many times i see isuues when ppl use them. Not necessarily due to them being garbage bit rather due to them being used improperly because they dont play well when mixed and matched for customization

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Y'all know what I like. Floranova G and B, Hormex and ProTekt with some Voodoo Juice the first couple weeks of seedling to veg. I grow in soil/coco mix. Amend soil with mychorrazae.

All those other million part nutes are great if your running a large grow op and 10% more yield means more money then it's worth it but for little grows? Naw.....

B

bakelite

Y'all know what I like. Floranova G and B, Hormex and ProTekt with some Voodoo Juice the first couple weeks of seedling to veg. I grow in soil/coco mix. Amend soil with mychorrazae.

All those other million part nutes are great if your running a large grow op and 10% more yield means more money then it's worth it but for little grows? Naw.....
I've seen numerous people using Myco's with synthetic nutes. I was always under the impression that they were only for use in organics. Do they make a difference? I've used on and off over the years, but never did a side by side comparison with and without them. My Promix HPCC has Myco's in it.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I've seen numerous people using Myco's with synthetic nutes. I was always under the impression that they were only for use in organics. Do they make a difference? I've used on and off over the years, but never did a side by side comparison with and without them. My Promix HPCC has Myco's in it.
I did a grow with 7 gallon pots. When we cut the girls down and emptied the pots there was no soil left. Just one huge root ball. All synthetic nutes.

Top Bottom