Good Books For Growing

• Thread starter Gunfanatic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

IMO, any pot book steer clear. I bought and read 20 cannabis books, and almost every one was a waste of time.

Teaming with Microbes by Jeff Lowenfels
Teaming with Nutrients by Jeff Lowenfels
Eco-Farm an Acres USA primer by Charles Walters
Compost, Vermicompost and Compost Tea, Feeding the Soil on the Organic Farm by Grave Gershuny
Innate Immunity of Plants, Animals, and Humans (Nucleic Acids and Molecular Biology) by Holger Heine
Tuning Into Nature by Phillip Callahan

Read and understand these books and you will be able to grow any plant with very high success. Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Agreed Canalchemist. I would start with the Compost, Vericompost ext book, then move to Jeff Lowenfels books, then the rest.

Another great read that comes once a month (I think) is a subscription to Acres USA. Acres USA is a great read on it's own, then they have reading lists in the back for further education.

Blaze

Blaze

IMO, any pot book steer clear. I bought and read 20 cannabis books, and almost every one was a waste of time.

Compost, Vermicompost and Compost Tea, Feeding the Soil on the Organic Farm by Grave Gershuny
Innate Immunity of Plants, Animals, and Humans (Nucleic Acids and Molecular Biology) by Holger Heine

Read and understand these books and you will be able to grow any plant with very high success. Good luck and enjoy the journey.

These are some excellent recommendations right here. I would agree with Bulldog11, the vast majority of cannabis books are utter crap. They tend to be filled with lots of pretty pictures, incorrect information, pseudo-science, and out dated information. It might take a little more time and effort, but by far one of the most helpful things I did to learn more was take a handful of Ag classes at the local community college. I learned more useful information during the first two weeks of the soil science class than I did reading thousands of pages of cannabis grow books. It is important to understand the "how" and "why" behind what you are doing when you grow, and you will only get that from a science based source, not from a grow book.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I still like the Cannabis books, but I also like the other books too, they all just cater to a different reader, there are a lot of people who by these books and subscribe to the material in them and have a great deal of success. However, I think there is a level at which people start to learn and eventually progress to a point where the cannabis books just don't cut it anymore, and the higher learning comes in, it shows how the hobby has matured over the years. not just for the "hippy stoner" anymore.

Ambre

Ambre

Another awesome source of education on growing/gardening in general is the Master Gardener program. Many states have them and they are usually run at a county level (at least in the state I live in). The Master Gardener program locally is a series of classes held once a week over a 3-4 month period.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Wow very bold statement I can't wait to learn from you, do you have any threads or grow logs you can link so I don't hound you with a ton of grow questions?

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Another awesome source of education on growing/gardening in general is the Master Gardener program. Many states have them and they are usually run at a county level (at least in the state I live in). The Master Gardener program locally is a series of classes held once a week over a 3-4 month period.
A real master gardner I'm honored.

I have only heard of self proclaimed master growers, nice so is their an official status of master gardner of cannabis or is it not emphasized, I imagine a master grower would be of all or many plants?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Wow very bold statement I can't wait to learn from you, do you have any threads or grow logs you can link so I don't hound you with a ton of grow questions?

This will be my first season documenting my grown on this website. This will be my 17th season, and I am still learning every season. I will try to teach as much as I learn, and I share any information I learn as fact. No trade secrets here, no cannabis folklore either. My grows will be in the outdoor section.

Top Bottom