Good brand of PH/EC/TDS meter?

• Thread starter mike hunt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mike hunt

mike hunt

Premium Member
Supporter
What do you guys suggest? Havent decided on a pen style, or a combo meter to hang on a wall yet.

Thanks, MH.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Personally I really like the truncheon when it comes to ec/ppm, and I have their pH pen too, only complaint about the bluelab pH pen they recently put out is the cap is fukn tough to get off, it does kinda wear in, but after a few months I can barely pull the cap off most the time...lol
Other than that it's top notch and I've been through a few Oakton pH meters, they wouldn't calibrate after a few months on a couple of em. fwiw

manitoid.

manitoid.

I like the Milwaukee MW802 - PH/EC/PPM, lasted me about a year now, only had to recalibrate once and it wasn't too far off.

D

dan.23

Personally I really like the truncheon when it comes to ec/ppm, and I have their pH pen too, only complaint about the bluelab pH pen they recently put out is the cap is fukn tough to get off, it does kinda wear in, but after a few months I can barely pull the cap off most the time...lol
Other than that it's top notch and I've been through a few Oakton pH meters, they wouldn't calibrate after a few months on a couple of em. fwiw

I use the same blulab pen hes talking about, and yes the cap is a bitch but at least you know the probe wont dry out cause the tight ass cap. I love this pen tells ph and temp and is 100 % waterproof. The only thing I don't like is that the probe is NOT replaceable on this model. At 85 bucks its a good deal for the quality. I used to use the cheap Hanna checker pen, don't buy these they are junk. I had 3 of them in the last year alone. You get what you pay for I guess. Hanna does make a mode all waterproof model similar to the blulab pen and it does have a replaceable probe. If your gonna go with the constant meter spend a little extra and buy the nutradrip not the cheap knockoffs I know its enticing but it will come back to bite you on the ass.

Cort

Cort

I used one of the cheap ass Milwakee pens for almost a year. Stayed accurate till I dropped it and broke the probe. 25 bucks for a years use

Now have a blue lab pen. Like it lots. But... it does the same thing for 100$ that my cheap pen did, will the blue lab last 4x as long?

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
>>been using hanna for years now<<the combo pen's simplicity is awesome and idiot proof<<no problems with it and its about 3 years old>>measures temp,ph,ec/ppm<<
picked up this a while back does the same shit just more better<<

gtd:passingjoint:

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Bluelab Combo meter. Simple. Easy. Accurate.

My ph probe is going about 2 years now no problems.

I too had trouble with the cap. If fact I ripped it in half. Now I use the bulb end of a drug store medicine dropper. Works like a champ.

mike hunt

mike hunt

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the replies guys, it is appreciated!

Top Bottom