Good bug bad bug WTF

• Thread starter CrippledArcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

OK today during a good watering,(organic soil) in the run off were these super tiny I mean very small white little things swimming ,more like jumping around in the water they couldn't fly out. Maybe better like a worm kicking around.Super white the size of maybe a pin head.

There has been worm casting added in this soil bat guano and molasses only, Do I need to go :character0110:

M

moodster

sounds like springtails to me bud if they are jumping i get springtails most grows u shud be fine

P

Producer

Hey CrippledArcher!
I dont know much about the subject because i've never had the issue.
However, I did a little research for you and this is what I found.
Based on Moodster's comment i went with the only lead I have.
So here's what springtails look like.
Springtails ygl

ImagesCAJJVK50

If those are what you seen then you should read the following.
Found this online.

"Springtail control can be achieved by altering the environment in a way that will reduce the humidity in the area or the moisture content of the soil. In naturally-damp indoor areas this can be accomplished by increased ventilation or artificial air movement from fans. Water leaks in the kitchen, bathroom, or other areas should be repaired since springtails are likely to persist as long as a source of moisture is present. Mildew or mold associated with water leaks should be removed. Wood window sills or other areas with water damage may harbor populations of springtails.

Outdoors, reduced watering and removal of accumulations of leaves or other decaying vegetable matter will help reduce numbers of springtails. If springtails are entering from outside, these efforts should be concentrated around the foundation of the house, doors, windows wells, and other potential entry areas.

Springtails in potted plants can be controlled by removal of any algae, fungus, or moss on the soil surface and by reducing watering. Re-potting with clean soil is another option to eliminate insects in the soil. Pressurized aerosols containing permethrin, pyrethrins, or resmethrin can be applied to many types of house plants. Consult the product label for specific plants and directions.

Indoor homeowner-type insecticides labeled for springtail control include certain formulations containing bifenthrin, carbaryl, or diazinon. Many of these are aerosols or ready-to-use formulations. Insecticides for use indoors by commercial applicators include certain formulations containing the above active ingredients, plus some containing chlorpyrifos, cyfluthrin, deltamethrin, or prallethrin.

Outdoor homeowner-type insecticides labeled for springtail control include certain formulations of bifenthrin, carbaryl, chlorpyrifos, deltamethrin, and diazinon. Commercial outdoor insecticides include some formulations of the above, plus some containing fluvalinate, malathion, prallethrin, or pyrethrins.

If large numbers of springtails are noted in garden soil, it is merely an indication that the soil has a good supply of organic matter. Control is rarely recommended or required. Outdoors, springtails can generally be considered beneficial insects since their contribution in breaking down organic matter in the soil far outweighs any damage they cause."

-Producer

I

ibTheMan

What the fuck is up with these springtail things? They for sure must come in either Sunshine dirt or EVERY coco brand(yes i use steamed coco) cause all kinda people got these F N things , people that havent shared plants.
How did grow'n become so dam hard? when i didnt know shit about grow'n i was PM, Root Aphid, springtail, and all bugs free(except mites,lol) now im good theres all this new horrible shit to deal with WTF?

Hay Producer do them white things turn into them bettle lookn things?

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

"If large numbers of springtails are noted in garden soil, it is merely an indication that the soil has a good supply of organic matter. Control is rarely recommended or required. Outdoors, springtails can generally be considered beneficial insects since their contribution in breaking down organic matter in the soil far outweighs any damage they cause."

Well good deal I guess guess the micro heard is thriving in there. If that is them look very similar in size maybe smaller, I seen this once when I popped some beans in a little worm casting and water. I had to take a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things from way to much LSD (hold on there is not such thing as way to much of that )

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

after i second look they look smaller like a tiny tiny worm,but pure white.

Top Bottom