Good Day

• Thread starter The Jewels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Jewels

The Jewels

Preamble / Warning
I am long winded.

Its late,,,If you are on the west coast, this will tuck you in .
If you are waking up to this on the East coast, forget the newspaper; take your phone in the can and enjoy a good sit !

Greetings from the great white north.

Been online, lurking around a bit, since legalization . Prior to that time, there were a plethora of key words I wouldnt even type into my phone . As a father of five, I just had to much to lose .

My wife now has a medical permit to grow Twenty , as a Canadian I am entitled to grow Four recreationaly.

Persciption, Legalization and Medical permits were literally a life changer for me .
It was like waking up in a new world.
An everpresent paranoia washed away,,, I didn't sweat my sack off in traffic anymore because my passenger had a dime bag,,,I didnt have to buy random weed illegally,,, I didn't have to bleed cash searching for a beneficial strain -only to have it sold out the next time I put in an order. Lastly, I have four plants of MY own - I ain't work'n for "Maggie's Mum" no more. Technically, they weren't my plants . She wanted dirt - so we did dirt . She thought the light was to low ( although my apogee quantum sensor and I disagreed) so I raised it up .She was doing her thing , I was learning and playing along .
I have my own ideas and some of my good ones have been veto'd.

I started the pumps back up a week or so ago, and I am really looking forward to hydroponics. I have been keeping aquariums for years and during that span I rigged up about everybad idea I have imagined (regarding moving water). I set up a few nifty aquaponic systems about ten years ago, the timing wasn't right, so I ended up growing a whopping crown of nasturtiums . Although lovely and edible, the blossom did waft slightly of crow and sour grapes - certianly not what I was hoping to harvest

Since Gday (Oct 17th 2017 for us Canuks) I have cordoned off a 6 x 12ish grow room

⬆⬆⬆⬆
notice the brotherly conversion there ???
( a Canadian 6 by twelve [metre] room would be almost 800 square feet)
That measurement was for our American friends - the room is 72 square feet) so,,, no, not a house full of plants, just one bright corner

Since starting with cannabis growing, I have developed an exceptional skill --- I can sure pick the male seeds ! Fml !

Cracked a seed, grew a lovely specimen, then watched it grow a ghastly set of balls .
Cracked two seeds, grew 'em up right, and the brothers come out of the closet , hand in hand. It was like the crying game all over again .
The wife is starting to stress, it is Christmas time and a good two month after commencement, and all we have to show after pouring on all that power is four newly soaking beans in paper towel .
Merry Xmas Tom
So we have " the big talk " She wants to bail ,,,I have been dreaming about growing weed for 25 yrs.
I am all in .I have grown in water before, I have thousands of hours of reasearch, tinkering ("Frankensteining" as she lovingly labels it ) I have a lotus and sword plant older than my teenage daugther. I know I can do this. We havent lost a single cannabis plant, anything that poked its head out of the ground has been brought handsomely to sexing . Nothing discouraging for me, I see it only as good learning experience - fine tuning if you will . I feel ther is no culpable failure here - just BAD LUCK .

So here I am , before the board, sqeaking out an impromptu pitch.
Out comes bing and a calculator, and so begins the swing .
" this this Auto strain claims it will yield up to 500 grams per square meter; and we have 2 square meters of flowering area. It may take us a few cycles and perhaps a full year, but we should be able to harvest at least 60% of that number at some point". Optimisticly I continued, "If we pull off a crop, we will have 600 grams on hand".
I contrasted by explaining that "we can buy it at the store down the street for $12 a gram. If we can pull it off -and jar it up - we just took back $7,200 ".
To appeal to her softer side I reminded her of what our property looked like when we bought this106 year old house 10 years ago. We started with a plum tree and now have grapes, raspberries, strawberries, Lilac, Iris and Tulips coming back for us every year.

Luckily, after accumulating aquarium bob for years, I had cobbled our whole setup completely with parts on hand . It is not costing us a pile, really. The only purchase was some liquid nutes I spied at Peavymart one lucky day.
I explained we enjoyed the game and had everything to gain .

I got the nod .

Today is my first post ..it is a red letter day. Polly popped her first pistil today, and hereby we have broken the "blue streak"
Good  day
In addition, my first water baby sprouted it's first set of leaves since going nude . I figure, if can pop one leaf in that leca,,, it can pop a hundred more.
Good  day 2

Yes I am old, I put qoutations around some of the references for the "wet ear'd " folk. The other jewels are there between the lines for the fellows of my gerneration.

Here a a few extra bits of punctuation; feel free to put them where I have neglected .
... ,,, ?? !

Jewels

Latest posts

Top Bottom